ADVERTISEMENT

Senior WT Trials Thread

Nice tourney for Nolf. Only lost one match 8-6 and you could see he is taking a much different approach to wrestling freestyle.
Yes. Lost 1 match he should have won...Jason is getting better and better...By 2020 the spot will be his if he keeps improving which i am sure he will....

Nolf will have awesome partners and coaches. Not that he doesn't already. Gotta like his chances in 2018

Why no 86KG second place match in the challenge tournament. Should have been Heflin vs. Perry. Did one of them default out? Flo Arena has it as Bye vs. Bye, which of course means that Bye wins.

I wonder if their IT people are nervous.
The IT folks are trained to failure, they will meet the standard and be comfortable. The PR folks who are responsible for explaining g the failure - coming up with a new explanation is probably nerve racking.

Why no 86KG second place match in the challenge tournament. Should have been Heflin vs. Perry. Did one of them default out? Flo Arena has it as Bye vs. Bye, which of course means that Bye wins.
My guess is that since Heflin had already beaten Perry, there was no reason for them to wrestle again.

Quick question, Since Frank has moved on, am I to be rooting for Zain tonight? What's the proper protocol here? I love Zain, think he's going to be representing the USA at Worlds and the Olympics for years. The thing is, a big part of me wants to see Frank get a world medal before he moves on and focuses more on his coaching career.

Should I feel shame....

I think more than any other year the guys sitting in the finals are vulnerable. In order of imperviousness I'd go

Snyder (over Gadson),
Gwiz (over Bradley),
Stieber (over Maple),
Green (over Kennedy),
Ramos (over Gilman),
Frank (over Zain),
JB (over Dake),
Cox (over DT).

From that list, I wouldn't be surprised to see the challenge tournament winner knock off the finals-sitter from Maple on down.

Nobody looked overly beat up from the challenge tourney and sometimes a run like these guys had can really be a momentum builder!

Go DT!
Go Zain! (sorry Frank, I'd pull for you against anyone else!)
Go JB! (I really don't wanna have to root for Dake at Worlds...)
and oddly enough...Go Gilman?! Can't help it, he was fun to watch today and he's been against all odds and hasn't blinked once!

the internet not favoring DT.

internet says zain over frank.

Can anyone see who is cornering Gwiz?

Curious if it is Casey & Cael, or other coaches.

Periscope has a full screen clear video for the Gwiz bout. Just showed the crowd, maybe half full.

Logan Steiner with a take down with 3 seconds left to win 9-8...Great wrestling. Here we go...now. Zain and Frank

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT