ADVERTISEMENT

Senior WT Trials Thread

Nico couldn't find offense. Gilman did look good. Very strong right now he should beat NATO
Zain is a beast went through that hand fighting like a champ.
Jason is fun to watch no matter what.
Taylor is so solid right now. Get through one more and find some energy for Cox.

Dake Imar was mostly handfighting plus one pivotal upper body exchange in late first period that Dake might've even pinned IMar on, tough to tell from camera angle. I think Dake gets past JB tonight.

Marsteller can't get past Ringer, no shame in that. Nice to see him take himself seriously though, hopefully he can build on this.

Gilman has figured absolutely nothing out between the head with the way he was talking smack before this tournament. Whether he backs it up or not is irrelevant. The fact that he continues to talk smack is the point. No class.

If every athlete who talked smack had no class we'd have a whole lot of classless superstar athletes.

I'd have no problem with him talking smack going against the Russkies :)

Last edited:
I don't consider it irrelevant. Guys who talk smack but can't back it up are just blowhards and deserve no respect. Guys who talk smack but back it up merit respect IMO, even though you may not like the guy or his trash talk.

Completely disagree. I respect the guys who quietly destroy their opponent and then shake their hand afterward, like Zain & Nolf. Those are the guys I respect. Gilman is the epitome of classlessness, win or lose.

Nico couldn't find offense. Gilman did look good. Very strong right now he should beat NATO
Zain is a beast went through that hand fighting like a champ.
Jason is fun to watch no matter what.
Taylor is so solid right now. Get through one more and find some energy for Cox.
I think Jason will win the spot after he graduates in 2 years. He will then have laser focus on Freestyle...He is just messing with it right now in the room....Zain, Nolf, and DT will have 3 of the spots....Hall, Nico, and Nick S. will be right there as well....2020 is 3 years away....

So ready for Gwiz to take over at HWT. Telford and Dom Bradley (and Rey Nelson before that) were barely discernible from a greco match.
Gwiz will win the spot for HWT....He has been training at PSU for awhile now....

I think Jason will win the spot after he graduates in 2 years. He will then have laser focus on Freestyle...He is just messing with it right now in the room....Zain, Nolf, and DT will have 3 of the spots....Hall, Nico, and Nick S. will be right there as well....2020 is 3 years away....

When has suriano showed an interest in FS?

Nato doesn't lose often but when he does it's often late. Not really a Gilman fan but don't dislike him as much as everyone either. Will root for him over Ramos because we have a good idea of what Ramos can do against int'l competition.

Zain up next on 2. vs Futrell

Zain up 2-0 early.

Now 4-0 Zain, 1 to go in the 1st.

Now 6-0, end of 1...Zain has been dominant.

8-0, and now 10-0 tech.

Last edited:
Reactions: diggerpup
Prolly not, after today's showing. Who you rooting for: Gilman or Ramos?
Like choosing between kids, but I'll take the HWC member in Gilman. I've seen what Ramos can do internationally. I think Ramos has hit his ceiling and Gilman still has room to grow in freestyle

Nico's loss baffles me. It is one thing to lose, to be completely outworked and teched like that is quite bad. He showed a lot of potential at Farrell and Paris, but has seemed to hit a wall or something. Gilman was far and away a deserved winner.

Nico can't finish on anybody.
Yea i agree. He does not look himself today at all.... No ANGLES on his shots either which is rare....Oh well he will have many more shots....He will get things worked out...No one will outwork him...He is insane when it comes to working out and learning from mistakes....He will be fine....

Gut says frank but my head and heart will root for zain.

D4 love!

Nico not the future of 57kg based on this spring. Fix lee gillman or some other young guy.

Im going ramos tonight.

Reactions: Sullivan
Looks like Dieringer has improved vs Dake but it's still not his time.

Dake has hips of stone. Geez no way he should walk away from that attempt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT