ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Nationals

Sportfan2017

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2017
Former Penn Stater Brody Teske Defeated Brandon Courtney 4-1. After the 1st 2 minutes.....Brody dominated. He looked good and still has the gas tank at 57kg. In case you have forgotten.......in the PSU vs ASU dual.......Brandon dominated Brody 17-7. Good to see. Up next is Jacob Comacho

Luke Pletcher lost his first match 15-4. He was dominated by Robbie Mathers as the Beaver. It wasn't one big move. It made it over half way through the second period ( 4:50 ). Mathers dominated. 4 takedowns, 3 turns and a pushout. Leave it to.....go ahead....say it :)

Dan Vallimont wins his 2nd match 9-4 over D. McKee.... Durso is up soon.... Up next is Dan Braunagel.

Durso wins 10-0 in 31 seconds over J. Nigro..... Up next is Hayden Hidlay. ... That should be fun

Snyder by fall against J. Casto..... was leading 6-0 and got the cradle at 1:14. Snyder gets William Baldwin next :)

A.J. Nevills wins either 7-2 or last second pin.....not certain yet. Win by fall at 6:00 He gets Tanner Hall next

Teske loses 10-0 It was 0-0 at 1-30 and ended at 1:44

Rob Mathers techs Dean Heil 10-0. I checked. His last match before today he lost to Jaydin Eierman 16-15. Definitely not a slouch. But he is Unattached

Durso drops a 9-5 decision to Hidlay. Completive match......Durso had the lead twice......Hidlay got a 2+2 at about 50 sec.

Vallimont loses 12-8. He led 8-4 at the break but faded in the 2nd.

Smyder wins 12-0 at the 1:27 mark

A.J Nevills drops a 13-1 decision to Tanner Hall

Andrew Alirez took out Joey McKenna 8-4. McKenna had 4 pushouts. Alirez looks great at 143.5. I know he wrestled matches at 157 last year. Looks slick

Robbie Mathers as the Beaver was leading 3-2 in the second.....took a shot.....hurt his knee and went Tony Down to Evan Henderson. Robbie Mathers as the Beaver drops into the Reruns :)

Watch the Hidlay Valencia match. It lasted about 30 minutes. Post your thoughts :)

Snyder with the 10-0 Tech in 2:33

Teske with the 15-4 victory over Longmire Brody got tossed for 4 but dominated the rest. Longmire can't weigh more than 110-115.

Vallimont gets eliminated by Perez....8-0

Rick "The Real Deal" Durso over Keating 15-4

I forgot to mention that in the 1st round Nino Bonacorsi......who wrestled at 184 last year for Pitt beat Gavin Hoffman 11-4. Gavin looked like he had to cut to get to 213. Nino can wrestle :)

Snyder lost via Injury Default. Ankle. Looked Hauntingly like Suriano. Hoping all is good. :(

Brody Teske Defeats Reno 23-14.....Yes...that is corect

Rick "Real Deal" Durso moves on....12-2 over Torres. He gets Deakin next

Teske dropped a 10-0 tech to 4th seed Perelli. Brody got in deep twice. Gave up 4 the first time and 6 on the second. Did similar mistakes in his last match but scored 23. Not bad for the young man

Robbie The Beaver Mathers got turned by Kanen Storr 8 or 9 times but they stopped counting at 5....loses 11-1.. Edit: I rewatched.....with the score at 1-1 in the second period......Mathers only got turned 7 times :)

Rick The Real Deal Durso got teched by Ryan "Hollow Bones" Deakin 10-0. What a size difference

Last edited:
Hayden and Trent Hidlay, brothers from Mifflin County, both win by tech.

Dan Vallimont wins 9-4.

Brett Pfarr, Aaron Brooks' opponent in a week and a half, lost 5-5 (criteria), after leading 5-0.

Last edited:
In less than 2 minutes!
I think you missed the first period ( which was reasonably competitive ) Mathers finished him at 1:50 of the 2nd period. Pletcher did not look himself at all. When have you seen him taken down 4 times? That said.....the last time Mathers wrestled he lost to Jaydin Eierman 16-15. No slouch

Last edited:
Reactions: Str8DBLz
Vallimont loses 12-8 in the 3rd round.

Haydin Hidlay wins vs Rick Durso, 9-5 I believe.

Stupid question of the day. This is the qualifier for the world team, right? (assuming that event is held). Don't get me wrong, I am loving the action but why aren't the top guys wrestling? Say Massa goes and gets a world medal, he would get a bye at the Olympic trials or not? I just picked that weight because Burroughs and Dake would also be there.

Reactions: tewlepz
Stupid question of the day. This is the qualifier for the world team, right? (assuming that event is held). Don't get me wrong, I am loving the action but why aren't the top guys wrestling? Say Massa goes and gets a world medal, he would get a bye at the Olympic trials or not? I just picked that weight because Burroughs and Dake would also be there.
Not a qualifier to anything. And if worlds are held, medalists would not get any bye's or special placement. Might affect seeding a based on head to head results.

Reactions: regularfan

Not stupid question at all, would love to have someone splain how all this World team, Oly team shit is gonna play out.

Not a qualifier to anything. And if worlds are held, medalists would not get any bye's or special placement. Might affect seeding a based on head to head results.

So the 21 OTT‘s are gonna be identical to 20?. Who besides JB is sitting till finals?

the fact that they didn't turn this into trials for the 2020 world team makes me think the USA won't be attending 2020 worlds (if they even happen)

Not stupid question at all, would love to have someone splain how all this World team, Oly team shit is gonna play out.

i don't believe the US has set a date/procedure for 2020 world team trials. for 2021 olympic trials, it's exactly the same as it was for 2020, with burroughs/snyder having byes to Final X as medalists at olympic weights and dake/cox having byes to the semis of the challenge tournament as medalists at non-olympic weights.

Reactions: regularfan
I look forward to Dean being ranked #1 ahead of Brooks.

Wasn’t Brooks ranked 5th in their 20-21 preseason rankings?

That blows my mind. He’s the B1G champ as a true freshman, arguably undersized last year, and working out in the best middle/upper weight room in the country. If he doesn’t RS, I expect him in the NCAA finals.

We found out who the real Slim Shady is.
Obligatory:

f78b4733e55d9a431e8847decb634027.gif

Snyder MFF's to Gadsen... I didn't see what happened, but it looks like he turned his ankle badly going out of bounds.

Reactions: Dogwelder
I thought that these consolation semifinals were going to be fantastic matches, but there’s been some surprisingly lopsided results.

Hidlay, McKenna, and Yaya especially.

I will now harness my inner Hawkeye. Eierman is regressing. Iowa is making him worse. He should have stayed at Missouri. HWC is struggling. Teched by McKenna. You know, just like they do on their board when Snyder gets injured.

Hemida almost beats Bradley. Dom did not appear to be in his best shape, but still, I see you, DGK.

So Allirez rightfully was OW. Beat Josh Heil, McKee, McKenna, Thomas and Henderson as a rising sophomore! Gonna be a force in Freestyle, curious if he can get similar Folstyle results, kinda like Echemendia.

So Allirez rightfully was OW. Beat Josh Heil, McKee, McKenna, Thomas and Henderson as a rising sophomore! Gonna be a force in Freestyle, curious if he can get similar Folstyle results, kinda like Echemendia.
He had a pretty good season last year didn't he?

Where was penn state's Greco guy Manville?

He had a pretty good season last year didn't he?
Didn’t see a ton of top competition. Best win was vs. App State’s Millner. Losses to Degan (x2), Abas, and Lewallen. Not bad, but not the level we saw this weekend. He was my LMS pick, but clearly Freestyle is where excels, so far.

Watching some of the finals now, without having looked at social media, so they're like new.

Gabe Dean beat Nate Jackson 1-1 on criteria without taking a single shot, both points coming by shot clock violations. Nate Jackson took at least six shots, half of those in the second when he was tagged for the violation. Dean did nothing except hold the center. Refs who even up the shot clock violations no matter the action need to be outed.

The last few times I saw Evan Henderson he looked pretty good, but he couldn't get near Andrew Alirez, who had a coming out party this weekend.

Arujau, who reminds me more of Nico every time I see him, looked solid blowing through Dylan Ragusin.

Kollin Moore looks improved, beating Kyven Gadson in one of the better finals.

Logan Massa ended Anthony Valencia's ride; both guys looked good this tournament.

Mason Parris wrecked Tanner Hall in under two minutes.

Didn’t see a ton of top competition. Best win was vs. App State’s Millner. Losses to Degan (x2), Abas, and Lewallen. Not bad, but not the level we saw this weekend. He was my LMS pick, but clearly Freestyle is where excels, so far.

I didn't see him wrestle but he did well enough to receive the #14 seed for NCAAs this year as a true frosh. Not bad for a true frosh and it looks like he already improved quite a bit. Him against Sasso might make for an entertaining Sasso match. :)

Reactions: tewlepz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT