ADVERTISEMENT

Senior Nationals

Seen where Amos made the semi finals in Greco and it's not like he's a Greco only guy. Did that earn him an Olympic redshirt? He's going to be a beast.

I didn't see him wrestle but he did well enough to receive the #14 seed for NCAAs this year as a true frosh. Not bad for a true frosh and it looks like he already improved quite a bit. Him against Sasso might make for an entertaining Sasso match. :)
Yeah, the #14 seed isn't bad for a trFr. But Alirez's greatest strength I can see is how he effortlessly transitions to a large arsenal of par terre offense. That could certainly translate into mat wrestling points--but I get the feeling Alirez's #1 discipline has always been Freestyle. I just don't see the guy we saw this weekend losing to Degan or Lewallen in freestyle, maybe ever.

Last edited:
Yeah, the #14 seed isn't bad for a trFr. But Alirez's greatest strength I can see is how he effortlessly and variously he transitions to par terre offense. That could certainly translate into mat wrestling points--but I get the feeling Alirez's #1 dicipline has always been Freestyle. I just don't see the guy we saw this weekend losing to Degan or Lewallen in freestyle, maybe ever.
Agree his issues were on bottom this year.3 of his losses were by 1 point.Lewallen got on top and opened it up a bit.

Reactions: nerfstate
According to FRL no one needs a red shirt this year, it is a free year for anyone that wrestles.
That is a rumor as nothing is official. It is based on last spring and this fall athletes being granted a year without penalty bc their championships were cancelled. If they cancel the NCAA's then yes they will allow a free year, but, if they plan on having the championships then most likely it will not be a free year.

That is a rumor as nothing is official. It is based on last spring and this fall athletes being granted a year without penalty bc their championships were cancelled. If they cancel the NCAA's then yes they will allow a free year, but, if they plan on having the championships then most likely it will not be a free year.

Fall sports championships weren’t cancelled. They just won’t be in the fall and are currently scheduled for spring.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT