ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-OT: Europe

Woodpecker

May 29, 2001
So I was in Europe for a week and unable to access this board. What's the deal with that? If I have a secure log-in, what's the difference where I log in from? I'm old and low tech so I probably won't understand any explanation. I just thought it was strange. Probably explains why we never see Kasandro any more.

What'd I miss?

So I was in Europe for a week and unable to access this board. What's the deal with that? If I have a secure log-in, what's the difference where I log in from? I'm old and low tech so I probably won't understand any explanation. I just thought it was strange. Probably explains why we never see Kasandro any more.

What'd I miss?

Dunno if anything has changed since December when I was in France, but I never have any issue accessing this site while in Europe.

What'd I miss?
I had the same problem in the U.K. last month. It said I couldn't access from foreign countries. Must be a change in security. Maybe they had a lot of problems with being hacked from international locations. I was able to access from Germany last year.

Yep, been in Germany and Romania 3 of the past 4 weeks, and no access to Rivals through an internet connection.
But no issue with my iPhone as long as the Wifi was off.
I'd like to know why.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

What'd I miss?
Same problem from Portugal earlier this month!

What'd I miss?
I had the same problem during the last two weeks on a river cruise in Eastern Europe. Had never had a problem before in Europe.

What'd I miss?
Same here, last two weeks in April, various countries and no Rivals.

Seems like this was a post so everyone could say what cool places they have been to in the last few weeks. Well I was in Wildwood CREST last week and no issues with access to this site. I emphasize Wildwood CREST so no one thinks it was my Baby Momma who went a few losing rounds with the rent-a-cops in Wildwood last weekend.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Seems like this was a post so everyone could say what cool places they have been to in the last few weeks. Well I was in Wildwood CREST last week and no issues with access to this site. I emphasize Wildwood CREST so no one thinks it was my Baby Momma who went a few losing rounds with the rent-a-cops in Wildwood last weekend.
actually, I would like to be able to access Rivals/BWI while I am out of the country.
That is why I posted, and bumped the thread.
This is the only website I have issues with, and I would like to see Tom or someone look into this and give some feedback on whether this is permanent or temporary.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq

What'd I miss?

I couldn't see the board in Ireland but it had nothing to do with internet access.

actually, I would like to be able to access Rivals/BWI while I am out of the country.
That is why I posted, and bumped the thread.
This is the only website I have issues with, and I would like to see Tom or someone look into this and give some feedback on whether this is permanent or temporary.

I know I was just kidding -
winking-face_1f609.png

Still not working in Europe.
@tommccandrew Does Rivals want to allow its users to access the site outside of the US or not? Not that this affects a big percentage of users, but still a pain in the ass.
kcP4xMi.jpg

Rivals apparently has no interest in complying with the new European privacy laws

I had the same access problem from the International Space Station last week.

Reactions: Nitt1300
Still not working in Europe.
@tommccandrew Does Rivals want to allow its users to access the site outside of the US or not? Not that this affects a big percentage of users, but still a pain in the ass.

I don't get notices from Rivals about issues like this.

It appears that the guy that runs the Northwestern site had a post that addressed the issue, and offered a solution, which can be accessed at THIS LINK

Don't ever visit Pittsburgh, it's filled with all 2 and 3 star hotels. (Although I hear that soon they will be "coached up" to 5 stars.) Many of them will give you a free beverage, but it's not worth it.

If you stay at a Motel 6 and a Holiday Inn Express on the same weekend, you can add it up to 5 stars.

I'm pretty sure the reason the site doesn't work in EU Countries is due to RIvals usage of cookies. VPNS are a good option, but be wary of free VPN offers-sites. They come with a good half dozen plus possible security-privacy risks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT