ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Pricing 2022-23

BRETTPSU

Sep 18, 2002
I don't remember exactly what I paid last year but it doesn't appear much if any higher for my W1L seats.
%7Befded0e4-b4d6-4035-ac7a-8e8830102ae2%7D_Test_Wrestling_Map-01.png

I don't remember exactly what I paid last year but it doesn't appear much if any higher for my W1L seats.
Premium seats did see a hefty increase. I would guess that there was a significant effort to minimize the increases in Blue & Orange sections to properly accomodate the many long time season ticket holders ……….. many of which are former HS wrestlers, coaches, and refs. From a purely marketing point of view; wrestling tix are still a fabulous bargain given the unique venue, friendships we have among our seats, and the results on the mat.

Last year was the first time I made it to Rec Hall against Nebraska. I enjoyed it immensely. I'm hoping to get out this year a little more often with my daughter living at State College for her last year of law school.
What would be the best avenue to get a single match ticket on a short notice??

Reactions: hlstone
Last year was the first time I made it to Rec Hall against Nebraska. I enjoyed it immensely. I'm hoping to get out this year a little more often with my daughter living at State College for her last year of law school.
There is usually a sticky thread for tickets. I have sold mine to a few on this board.

I have a neighbor who cruises downtown for tickets about 3 hours before matches. Failing a score downtown, he stands outside Rec Hall and snags one. His batting average over the last 4-5 years is 100%. He even scored tix for the famous 2018 match vs the Bucknuts. If you are not into risk, hit the ticket exchange.

Walk up to rec hall and buy one from the guys standing out front.

I have a neighbor who cruises downtown for tickets about 3 hours before matches. Failing a score downtown, he stands outside Rec Hall and snags one. His batting average over the last 4-5 years is 100%. He even scored tix for the famous 2018 match vs the Bucknuts. If you are not into risk, hit the ticket exchange.
You have a neighbor who cruises downtown for a score? You might want to keep your distance.

This might be the first year in a while there is some turn over .. I can see some of the old timers unwilling to pay the increases they are putting in place.

This might be the first year in a while there is some turn over .. I can see some of the old timers unwilling to pay the increases they are putting in place.

I've got over 1000 NLC points and have been on the waitlist for a half dozen or so years now. I called a month ago to see if I had a shot of getting tickets. The guy on the other end (politely) laughed and said "no time soon".

So I'll see everyone in the SRO section again :)

I've got over 1000 NLC points and have been on the waitlist for a half dozen or so years now. I called a month ago to see if I had a shot of getting tickets. The guy on the other end (politely) laughed and said "no time soon".

I've had tickets in one of the last rows in N4U since the Sunderland years and haven't budged an inch in 20+ years, so not much turnover.

Sometimes single season tickets are available. I know most people are looking for pairs but if you get two single season tickets you're in Rec for wrestling. Just a thought as I know my cousin picked up a 2nd single season ticket 3 years ago.

Sometimes single season tickets are available. I know most people are looking for pairs but if you get two single season tickets you're in Rec for wrestling. Just a thought as I know my cousin picked up a 2nd single season ticket 3 years ago.
Considering 9/10 times its just me this would be perfect. I'll give them another call this week and ask. Can't hurt.

Yeah not sure there will be a huge turnover but there may be a bit more this year as some of the old timers may be hesitant with the higher ticket costs.

Walk up to rec hall and buy one from the guys standing out front.
Sounds like easy option. I wasn't sure how readily available they were on match day .
Also wasn't sure if they were e tickets and if they are easily transferable phone to phone.
Thanks

One can always go the official PSU ticket exchange via TicketMaster.

Works for all sports, so you can make a full weekend of it.

I just noticed that Wrestling SRO will be subject to variable pricing here:

I don't think that's ever been the case before for SRO, but last year I traded for a friend's season ticket.

A careful reading of NLC bylaws reveals why people stay on the wrestling tix wait list for years and years. When season tickets become available they are offered to existing season ticket holders with the highest NLC point totals. The ticket office literally slides down the list (via phone or e-mail) until available tix are consumed. The waiting list is an administrative convenience.

Reactions: hlstone
Yeah not sure there will be a huge turnover but there may be a bit more this year as some of the old timers may be hesitant with the higher ticket costs.
My green seats will go from $170 (including BJC event) to $452 I suspect that section (row) saw the biggest % increase. Despite that, I doubt many around me will give them up. While I'm not happy, I'm actually surprised it took PS this long to institute proximately pricing tiers. Those same seats cost $4 in the early 80s and while they have been creeping up in price, I've always thought the market would bear an even higher price; especially compared to what PS charges for other (mostly inferior) events. I guess we'll see...

My green seats will go from $170 (including BJC event) to $452 I suspect that section (row) saw the biggest % increase. Despite that, I doubt many around me will give them up. While I'm not happy, I'm actually surprised it took PS this long to institute proximately pricing tiers. Those same seats cost $4 in the early 80s and while they have been creeping up in price, I've always thought the market would bear an even higher price; especially compared to what PS charges for other (mostly inferior) events. I guess we'll see...
It was always kind of odd that there was only one price for tickets at Rec Hall. And I think you are probably correct, most, if not all, will keep their seats. After all, it's still less for your seat than it is for my gasoline bill getting to and from the match. 😂

How soon before they re-draw the seating for the big donors? Move some bodies out w/ this tiered system, then hit the shuffle button? Didn't they do that in other sports recently?

A careful reading of NLC bylaws reveals why people stay on the wrestling tix wait list for years and years. When season tickets become available they are offered to existing season ticket holders with the highest NLC point totals. The ticket office literally slides down the list (via phone or e-mail) until available tix are consumed. The waiting list is an administrative convenience.
Absolutely true….

I was talking to a buddy this weekend about this and his tickets are in green too. He was ok they raised the tix, with similar sentiment that it took to long.

My impression is the people with those tickets are die hards and comfortable in the back 9 off life, so this wont be as big a deal as some think.

I would also guess Sandy B had several interns, VPs of this, VPs of that commission 20 studies, phone banks and polling of if this was an issue.

Answer most heard back...if this keeps Cael Sanderson and staff, please raise the price.

I was talking to a buddy this weekend about this and his tickets are in green too. He was ok they raised the tix, with similar sentiment that it took to long.

My impression is the people with those tickets are die hards and comfortable in the back 9 off life, so this wont be as big a deal as some think.

I would also guess Sandy B had several interns, VPs of this, VPs of that commission 20 studies, phone banks and polling of if this was an issue.

Answer most heard back...if this keeps Cael Sanderson and staff, please raise the price.
Penn State wrestling fans be like:

giphy.gif

Seriously, I will pay as much as I have to to keep my tickets. Hope the AD doesn't read this.

This is a very accurate description of those I sit with in the "green" row; along with "I'm happy to contribute to whatever it takes..."

Last edited:
Reactions: dunkej01
If anyone is selling a meet, please let me know. I would love the chance to go with one of my daughters (me 44 , girls 12 or 10)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT