ADVERTISEMENT

BJC Dual Seat Selection

gymdad

Feb 3, 2003
Got email notice today re: my slot time for seat selection for the Feb 12 BJC dual vs Rutgers.
My selection time starts at 1:50PM on Tuesday Dec. 12. And extends to 11:59PM on Dec. 17. Email indicated if I do not select seats by end time seats will be assigned by Penn State Athletics. My speculation this is a trail of a new process to assign season seat locations by NLC points should the move to have all matches in BJC. My anticipation that move is on the horizon with the Athletic Dept’s constant quest to raise more $. The increase in $ to be paid the football offensive and defensive coordinators along w/ all the facility upgrades has to come from somewhere.!

Got email notice today re: my slot time for seat selection for the Feb 12 BJC dual vs Rutgers.
My selection time starts at 1:50PM on Tuesday Dec. 12. And extends to 11:59PM on Dec. 17. Email indicated if I do not select seats by end time seats will be assigned by Penn State Athletics. My speculation this is a trail of a new process to assign season seat locations by NLC points should the move to have all matches in BJC. My anticipation that move is on the horizon with the Athletic Dept’s constant quest to raise more $. The increase in $ to be paid the football offensive and defensive coordinators along w/ all the facility upgrades has to come from somewhere.!
BJC tix opened up this AM. I was able to snag some good seats with NLC points, but, I was unable to ditch the seats they assigned off my season tix. It may (or probably is) that I’m just an on/line klutz, but, it’s equally possible that the never ending quest for revenue required me to “ADD” the two “good” seats. I’ll donate my 2 extra tickets in the netherworld area to youth who will be thrilled to see two “perennial” top 10 teams.

BJC tix opened up this AM. I was able to snag some good seats with NLC points, but, I was unable to ditch the seats they assigned off my season tix. It may (or probably is) that I’m just an on/line klutz, but, it’s equally possible that the never ending quest for revenue required me to “ADD” the two “good” seats. I’ll donate my 2 extra tickets in the netherworld area to youth who will be thrilled to see two “perennial” top 10 teams.
I selected a few hours ago and just assumed there were no season tickets assigned. I thought the two tickets I "added" were my season tickets.

Last edited:
I selected a few hours ago and just assumed there were no season tickets assigned. I thought the two tickets I "added" were my season tickets.
Far as I can tell, they were your season tickets. The money you paid earlier was applied to the cost of the seats you picked. Should show a zero balance if you picked $25 seats. The process was a bit confusing.

Yeah initially picked and was going to owe another 128 bucks went back and changed for 25 $ seats so owed nothing more.

My seat selection is tomorrow (Wednesday). Is this for my two season tickets only or can I also select “extra” tickets? This is confusing….

My seat selection is tomorrow (Wednesday). Is this for my two season tickets only or can I also select “extra” tickets? This is confusing….
I tried to buy two extra tickets today and was not allowed. This new process seems to only allow season ticket holders to select "their" season seat allotment (2, 4, 6) for seats in BJC, unlike previous years.

Reactions: PSU_Lion_Fan
I tried to buy two extra tickets today and was not allowed. This new process seems to only allow season ticket holders to select "their" season seat allotment (2, 4, 6) for seats in BJC, unlike previous years.
Hopefully season ticket holders will be first to be able to purchase several additional tickets at BJC like prior years

Hopefully season ticket holders will be first to be able to purchase several additional tickets at BJC like prior years
I doubt getting tickets will be much of an issue this year since it is on a Monday night.

I usually get an email to select early too. Waiting list or nittany lion club or both. Haven’t received anything yet. Anyone else?

I am 99% sure after talking to Adam Lynch that:

1) this was ci side red a perk for fans to pick their own seats vs have then assigned

2) it has nothing to do w a permanent move to BJC, which makes no sense for a bunch of reasons

3) NLC members will be able to buy more soon as in the past

4) no way this sells out.

Pretty simple process and I got better seats than I have received for BJC duals in the past. Thumbs up from me.

It went fine but I do think the fact that some seats were more expensive and your payment on season tickets didn't cover it was a bit confusing.. As I said.. when I picked initially and saw I owed another 128$ I was a bit surprised.. then saw the price of 57 per ticket so backed out.. picked 25 dollar seats and checked back out..

Reactions: hlstone
It went fine but I do think the fact that some seats were more expensive and your payment on season tickets didn't cover it was a bit confusing.. As I said.. when I picked initially and saw I owed another 128$ I was a bit surprised.. then saw the price of 57 per ticket so backed out.. picked 25 dollar seats and checked back out..
When I did it, it was clear that my payment for season tickets would be applied to this purchase, notwithstanding the price difference. I picked seats that were nominally $57. I was never billed for anything.

When I did it, it was clear that my payment for season tickets would be applied to this purchase, notwithstanding the price difference. I picked seats that were nominally $57. I was never billed for anything.
Mine showed a balance owed.. maybe if I'd clicked thru it would have written the difference off but I went back and got 25 dollar seats..

With all the hoopla about Ticketmaster being more of a scalper than an unbiased ticket source, I was concerned that Ticketmaster was getting preferred seats that were generally better than those offered to season ticket holders. Based on seats available during the selection process, it appeared to be a fair process. As with some other posters, we got better seats than the "auto-assigned" seats in previous years.

Reactions: creamery freak
With all the hoopla about Ticketmaster being more of a scalper than an unbiased ticket source, I was concerned that Ticketmaster was getting preferred seats that were generally better than those offered to season ticket holders. Based on seats available during the selection process, it appeared to be a fair process. As with some other posters, we got better seats than the "auto-assigned" seats in previous years.
I have been driving just short of 500 miles (each way) to most matches for many years. My seats in REC Hall are not terribly good, but, I love the environment. The drive is worth every mile. In past years the auto-assignment of BJC seats has tended to put me ….. aw shit … I dunno …. a damn long way from the mat. I am grateful that I can now pick better seats at the BJC. PS: It’s nice that PSU allows for larger audiences once a year, but, on the whole, … basketball arenas are lousy venues for single mat action.

I have been driving just short of 500 miles (each way) to most matches for many years. My seats in REC Hall are not terribly good, but, I love the environment. The drive is worth every mile. In past years the auto-assignment of BJC seats has tended to put me ….. aw shit … I dunno …. a damn long way from the mat. I am grateful that I can now pick better seats at the BJC. PS: It’s nice that PSU allows for larger audiences once a year, but, on the whole, … basketball arenas are lousy venues for single mat action.
Man, how much time driving for each match? I thought my 3 hours each way was rough.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT