ADVERTISEMENT

Sandy talks MONEY. [insert the face here]

Guess she's going to have to forego the bigger tv this year. Either that or start reusing tongs for the danish.

https://news.psu.edu/story/536507/2018/09/13/athletics/trustees-hear-financial-update-intercollegiate-athletics

EXPENSE. REDUCTION. INITIATIVES. :eek:

FACILITIES. MASTER. PLAN. :eek:

PHILANTHROPY. :eek:

Art, what say you? :eek:

I'm not crazy about the plans I've seen for Beaver Stadium, it reminds me of Texas A&M too much... except what they did at A&M looks like a better design.

I also don't think the stadium size should be reduced. Fingers crossed they're rethinking the downsize, the demand for Penn State Football is back... well I guess as long as we keep on winning it will be...

... when the stadium was reduced from 107,282 to 106,572 in 2007, I didn't think we'd ever be able to top the record set VS Nebraska in 02. It was awesome to see that 15 year mark get reset last season, weather permitting, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again in a couple weeks.

We need a design that allows them to open up standing room only, or bleacher seating similar to what they tuck under the north endzone upper deck for big games to get us in position to continue to set the mark. The idea that the largest crowds to ever see a football game in Happy Valley can't ever be replicated is depressing.

Last edited:
Reactions: jim cummings
Sounds like she's killing it. Good deal. People are lining up to donate, which was always the case so good on them. If I had a million I didn't know what to do with Penn State would be right up there.

Killing it? Yeah, literally. Lining up? Read between the lines and she didn't raise enough money to kick off construction on the Master Plan this year.

Killing it? Yeah, literally. Lining up? Read between the lines and she didn't raise enough money to kick off construction on the Master Plan this year.

Sandy's got this. Give early, often, and in large sums.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT