ADVERTISEMENT

S-T-E-E-L-E-R-S Here we go STEELERS here we go! Steelers vs. N.Y. Giants game thread Monday night!

From watching seven games against them, the Flyers also need help on the back line. Pretty weak in their own end.
To at least keep within the parameters of this thread, Herbie is a flaccid commentator. Nothing insightful at all.
Any fake Herbstreit tears tonight?

Reactions: psu00 and TheGLOV
Classic frustrating Tomlin win - felt like the Steelers were destroying them, but the G-Men had a chance to make it a 1 score game late.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Connor used to play with heart and had a backstory that pulled on heartstrings... both are old news
He really was productive when healthy and Munch was the OL coach. Snell reminds me of a kid we have on the PSU roster right now. Not flashy, but will get you 4 a majority or the time.

Reactions: PSUfiji and TheGLOV
Barkley had better OL in front of him in college lol He had no chance tonight, not sure Jim Brown would have gotten more than 10 yards with that blocking from the Giants.

• Haha
Reactions: PSUfiji and TheGLOV
He didn’t even see positive yards in front of him ever. Worst OLine I’ve ever seen.

+1. It was really bad. Even if there was a slight hole there were 2 Steelers waiting for him.
And yea ok maybe his pass protection could be better but with so many incoming bogey's he probably didn't know who to block first. But more importantly....If you (looking at you Judge and Garrett) are keeping Barkley in to pass block you might want to re-think your offensive design.

+1. It was really bad. Even if there was a slight hole there were 2 Steelers waiting for him.
And yea ok maybe his pass protection could be better but with so many incoming bogey's he probably didn't know who to block first. But more importantly....If you (looking at you Judge and Garrett) are keeping Barkley in to pass block you might want to re-think your offensive design.
Yes, let’s use the number two pick in the draft to get a pass blocker.

Right. Maybe they consulted Morehead and he gave them the blueprint of how he used Barkley in the passing game at the end of the Ohio State game a couple years ago?

you have to remember that two of one of those starters was playing in his first NFL game with zero pre-season games to prepare. Another wouldn't be a starter on probably any other team. And the center never played center in the NFL before. Steelers brought a blitz package on every single play. NY adjusted to start to fake to Barkly, one time I replayed it and 9 defensive players bit on the fake to Barkley (reminded me of Iowa and Ohio State when all three linebackers ended up on the right side of the field after biting on a fake). NY then moved the ball until the QB panicked and threw a lollipop INT to a Steeler DLman. At that point the game was effectively over.

Barkley, IMHO, looked great but you aren't going to get anywhere when you are getting hit by two or three linemen when you are being handed the ball.

you have to remember that two of one of those starters was playing in his first NFL game with zero pre-season games to prepare. Another wouldn't be a starter on probably any other team. And the center never played center in the NFL before. Steelers brought a blitz package on every single play. NY adjusted to start to fake to Barkly, one time I replayed it and 9 defensive players bit on the fake to Barkley (reminded me of Iowa and Ohio State when all three linebackers ended up on the right side of the field after biting on a fake). NY then moved the ball until the QB panicked and threw a lollipop INT to a Steeler DLman. At that point the game was effectively over.

Barkley, IMHO, looked great but you aren't going to get anywhere when you are getting hit by two or three linemen when you are being handed the ball.
Unfortunately by the time their OLine develops, Barkley will be too old to be effective.

Not only that but did it seem to you, cause it sure looked like it to me, they also used the patented JoMo "stand still mesh" point?
Well, the line certainly used the Limegrover “ole’!” blocking style. It was tough to tell if it was the stand still mesh point because there was usually a Steeler there when the exchange was made.

Barkley had better OL in front of him in college lol He had no chance tonight, not sure Jim Brown would have gotten more than 10 yards with that blocking from the Giants.

NY's OL is pretty sorry. But some of the "credit" for the Steelers DL living in the NY backfield has to be given to their RB's and TE's not having a fart's chance in a windstorm of blocking Dupree and Watt. The Steelers OLB's just raced around the end of the NY OL and smashed the NY RB's, and sometimes Jones the QB, before any play could develop.

Didn't Herbie say early in the game how the NY coach likes his depth at TE? But I didn't see one of them competently block a Steeler OLB last night..........

Reactions: PSUfiji
Good competitive game. Will help the Steelers if they can win it.

Ben getting more comfortable as the game goes on. Receivers looking better. Claypool made a great catch earlier. Especially for a ND suckup...... ;) Right Glov?

Hopefully next week we won't have to listen to Herbie..... :rolleyes:
I’m guessing Herbie said something like, “Golly gee Kirk, the Giants sure like their depth at tight end. They’re all long and can get down the field like they did at (insert college name here)”. There is absolutely no depth to anything he says.

Reactions: TheGLOV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT