ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Crookham .....having fun

Ja1339

Feb 5, 2016
Was recently watching this video/interview after Ryan won the state title. I noticed he dropped the f*n word 3 times. Coincidence? I think not. He's going to fit in nicely!

Kidding aside, I know it's early, but would love to see him in blue and white.

NDGP is going to tough this year. I think they might be the AA tournament favorites barring injuries.

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Southern Columbia finished 41 pts higher last year and returns every state qualifier.
NDGP is adding a transfer currently ranked #3 in the country and at least 1 super frosh. Plus as they are getting older and better, my guess is their lineup stretches out nicely for them and makes them a better team. SoCo is adding a PJW champ, but he's in the middle of a bunch of other good wrestlers and a higher weight, so not nearly the impact of what NDGP is bringing in.

I'm looking at both of their lineups on my ETR spreadsheet right now. Both of them look like they could have 4 or 5 finalists and some other kids up there. With SoCo, I'd worry about one of their football kids not wrestling this year.

Definitely not nearly as deep as SoCo, but I'd give them at least a 50/50 shot this year if they avoid big injuries.

You'll see them both at ETR which will give a preview, although I think our tourney will favor SoCo a little, as they have hammers up top where I don't think our brackets are necessarily that much better than in Hershey, but down low and in the middle where NDGP is strong, it will be much more difficult to place at ETR than at AA states.

NDGP is adding a transfer currently ranked #3 in the country and at least 1 super frosh. Plus as they are getting older and better, my guess is their lineup stretches out nicely for them and makes them a better team. SoCo is adding a PJW champ, but he's in the middle of a bunch of other good wrestlers and a higher weight, so not nearly the impact of what NDGP is bringing in.

I'm looking at both of their lineups on my ETR spreadsheet right now. Both of them look like they could have 4 or 5 finalists and some other kids up there. With SoCo, I'd worry about one of their football kids not wrestling this year.

Definitely not nearly as deep as SoCo, but I'd give them at least a 50/50 shot this year if they avoid big injuries.
Good point on the NDGP incoming guys. Still, 41 points is a lot to make up.

Probably very low risk of the Southern football players not coming out for wrestling (barring injury). Of the 4 seniors, 2 will wrestle in college (Garcia and Quinton). The 3rd (Linn) is too small to play college football. That leaves Zachman, who is the highest returning placer at his weight and will be favored to win states.

Reactions: dicemen99

You'll see them both at ETR which will give a preview, although I think our tourney will favor SoCo a little, as they have hammers up top where I don't think our brackets are necessarily that much better than in Hershey, but down low and in the middle where NDGP is strong, it will be much more difficult to place at ETR than at AA states.
Thanks for the details. I knew SoCo was returning a lot of talent and would not be surprised if it's a 2 horse race. I was told ND has 4 new kids coming in that are State qualifying good. They are not real deep in upper weights. Should be interesting.
We'll have to see how they go through their schedule which I guarantee you is the toughest of any AA team. All the quality tournaments plus Saucon, BECA and Bergen Catholic.

I know a few folks on the board (myself included) have been anxious to get a commitment from a Lehigh Valley kid.

It will be fun to follow Ryan and Notre Dame this season. I'm partial to NDGP, as my mother was in their 1st graduating class, 1958. She spent her first three HS years in the old Easton Catholic HS.

Zachman is looking to enroll at Wisconsin in January if possible.

Preston said he is hoping to enroll early at UW, if possible.

"The big question for me going into the visit is if I can enroll early," he said. "I set myself up in high school to do that, but that depends on how many kids they have doing that.”

Maybe Haladay wrestles if there’s a spot and he doesn’t have to cut. Maybe he’s looking to early enroll as well not sure.

Up top you’re looking at
152 Garcia
160 Barnes
170 Linn
182 Waltman
195 Garcia
220 Zachman/Quinton
285 Quinton/Stine

then if Haladay is there.
Other guys

Biscoe state runner up
Yoder state qualifier
Edmondson state placer
Krebs district 6th

Other 3 weights will be weak maybe 4 if no Zachman or Haladay.

Thanks for the details. I knew SoCo was returning a lot of talent and would not be surprised if it's a 2 horse race. I was told ND has 4 new kids coming in that are State qualifying good. They are not real deep in upper weights. Should be interesting.
We'll have to see how they go through their schedule which I guarantee you is the toughest of any AA team. All the quality tournaments plus Saucon, BECA and Bergen Catholic.

So we have a couple of chances to see a Robbie Howard/Ryan Crookham showdown.

Was recently watching this video/interview after Ryan won the state title. I noticed he dropped the f*n word 3 times. Coincidence? I think not. He's going to fit in nicely!

Kidding aside, I know it's early, but would love to see him in blue and white.
Does Willie moonlight for PA Power Wrestling? Surprised he’s not contracted to flo alone.

SoCo's roster is up on Track and weight certs are showing.

It's not final until December (well, not even final then but the chances go from unlikely to about not a chance), but no Zachman. Their other football guys are on there and certed (other than the Haladay's - who didn't wrestle last year either).

Hate to say I told you so;). JK, @El-Jefe.

IME,the lure of wrestling accolades (like a state championship) is far stronger for us fans than it is for kids who have an opportunity to play football in college. Like it or not, football is king. Just look where this board resides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT