ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but in actuality perhaps not completely true. Due to gerrymandering, the voting districts for many House and Senate seats have been set up to always be "safe" for one of the two parties. Both Republicans and Democrats have historically been complicit in this practice. It's a big reason why such a high percentage of incumbents are returned to office --- they almost can't lose.
Can’t gerrymander a Senate seat. A State is a State.

What Thurgood Marshall accomplished for civil rights, RBG did for women's equality. A true giant, despite her slightness of stature.

Reactions: Picnits
Can’t gerrymander a Senate seat. A State is a State.
I was helping my daughter study for a test on that. in the constitutional convention, VA wanted to have a rep for every X number of people. The little state knew they were screwed so came up with the New Jersey plan which called for each state having one or two reps. They compromised with a bicameral legislature of both a house of representatives and a senate with two senators per state. Why? In the end, it is the only way to assure both majority power and minority power (in unity).

Why does it suck? She had a long, full life. Can’t live forever.
It sucks because no matter what age or experience, she will be missed. She was a legal scholar and a pioneer for human rights-not just for women. When great scholars pass away - it sucks.

Agree. Term limits is long overdue
Maybe everyone should have a term limit in their job. We need some younger employees running Microsoft, Boing, Tesla, McDonalds, GM. etc. Get rid of the old timers after 25 years on the job.

Maybe everyone should have a term limit in their job. We need some younger employees running Microsoft, Boing, Tesla, McDonalds, GM. etc. Get rid of the old timers after 25 years on the job.
yeah....well, RBG was 87 and what you are suggesting is also known as "age discrimination".

No disrespect to RBG but IMO it's silly that it's a lifetime appointment and as a result some say on as long as they can. Make it 25 years. That's enough for anyone. And while you're at it, put the same limit on the amount of time people can be in Congress.
Yes. And that limit should be like 6 months!!!! :rolleyes:

It sucks because no matter what age or experience, she will be missed. She was a legal scholar and a pioneer for human rights-not just for women. When great scholars pass away - it sucks.
Yawn.

Yes. I am shocked the LCWs didn’t even say anything.

my guess is that community are full of tough talkers but not actually people of action I am sure you agree.
Your endorsed (*) race-based “big talk”, complete with racially derisive acronyms, is exemplitive. I’m still waiting for any meaningful action from you.

All talk…no hat

(*) A certain moderator purposely tolerates your race-based posts. If that is your endorsing father figure in life, go forth.

Hmmmm🥱

Last edited:
Your endorsed (*) race-based “big talk”, complete with racially derisive acronyms, is exemplitive. I’m still waiting for any meaningful action from you.

All talk…no hat

(*) A certain moderator purposely tolerates your race-based posts, childish acronyms included. Hmmmm🥱
Shocking.

I’m fine, thank you… just not buying the purported definition that was meant.
Okay. Look, I assure you the definition I posted was sincere. It was probably not the best choice of words to use on my part. I don't mind correcting it just to avoid further speculation and further deflection from the topic.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
The media has been shaping the information for as long as there has been media. Cronkite admitted, in retirement, that the thing he missed the most was shaping the news! So much for our most trusted source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT