ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is so awesome to me is that the censors think they're the good guys.

Can anyone point to any time in history where the censors were considered the good guys.

One time....anyone.....Bueller?
You mean like calling the media the enemy of the state and kicking reporters out of PC's?

giphy.gif

You mean like calling the media the enemy of the state and kicking reporters out of PC's?

giphy.gif
Stupid people think that a good argument for censorship is to point out other behavior they don't like.

The point is - censorship is always bad.

Those defending censorship are never considered by history to be good people.

Congratulations, you have allied yourself with dictatorships throughout world history.

Stupid people think that a good argument for censorship is to point out other behavior they don't like.

The point is - censorship is always bad.

Those defending censorship are never considered by history to be good people.

Congratulations, you have allied yourself with dictatorships throughout world history.
LOL, I was literally pointing out a man who tried to censor the media....and you have no problem with it apparently. So congrats on that. Tell me you have no self awareness without telling me. Good job.

Reactions: tgar
LOL, I was literally pointing out a man who tried to censor the media....and you have no problem with it apparently. So congrats on that. Tell me you have no self awareness without telling me. Good job.
I think there is a difference between politicians tying to censor the media and control the message and the media itself doing it - I expect politicians, corporations, movie stars etc to try to control the message but when the media itself is doing it that is way over the line. I know it happens on all sides but it errodes any confidence that's left in the media. Oh and Katie really comes off as a pretty petty person in her book.

I think there is a difference between politicians tying to censor the media and control the message and the media itself doing it - I expect politicians, corporations, movie stars etc to try to control the message but when the media itself is doing it that is way over the line. I know it happens on all sides but it errodes any confidence that's left in the media. Oh and Katie really comes off as a pretty petty person in her book.
But someone was saying where in history were the censors the good guys. I was just pointing out some hypocrisy...nothing more than that. You're 100% correct it happens all over the place.

Last edited:
So she protected her then, however now she highlights what she did and what was said to promote her book? Hmmm, not surprising.

Reactions: bison13
You were trying to point out a man that tried to censor the media.

But you did not point that out.

Criticizing the media is just that - criticizing them. And they deserve it. Vile people. Like Katie Couric. But criticizing them is NOT CENSORING THEM.

Kicking SELECT members of the media out of a press conference that YOU are holding is also NOT CENSORING THEM.

Think about that - YOU are holding a press conference next week of your own volition, say as governor of Idaho. A hostile member of the press shows up, behaves disruptively (in your opinio), and you kick them out of YOUR press conference. Have you censored them? Of course not.

Now, if you closed down that reporter's newspaper/website, THEN YOU are censoring them.

You know, the censors in totalitarian regimes did the exact same thing you're doing - blamed those being censored and justified their vile behavior.

Last edited:
You were trying to point out a man that tried to censor the media.

But you did not point that out.

Criticizing the media is just that - criticizing them. And they deserve it. Vile people. Like Katie Couric. But criticizing them is NOT CENSORING THEM.

Kicking SELECT members of the media out of a press conference that YOU are holding is also NOT CENSORING
You know, the censors in totalitarian regimes did the exact same thing you're doing - blamed those being censored and justified their vile behavior.
LOL, Yeah....kicking the media out of a PC isn't censorship......nice mental gymnastics there. Shut everyone up that questions you. Too funny.

LOL, Yeah....kicking the media out of a PC isn't censorship......nice mental gymnastics there. Shut everyone up that questions you. Too funny.

Not everyone from the media is allowed into a press conference. Space is limited. Your example simply does not meet the definition of censorship. I'm sorry, but it just doesn't.

Not at all.

Imagine that you have a disruptive media person and you're speaking. So, they simply get to disrupt you, and you can't speak? Is that how this is supposed to work?

Of course not.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
"Couric called a friend, David Brooks, a New York Times journalist, who advised her that Ginsburg probably didn't understand the question, even though she was still serving on the Supreme Court at the time."

Good grief.

I’m sure it’s all just a misunderstanding.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Not at all.

Imagine that you have a disruptive media person and you're speaking. So, they simply get to disrupt you, and you can't speak? Is that how this is supposed to work?

Of course not.
So the leader of the free world saying the media is the enemy of the state is a good thing? Suspending reporters is a good thing. That is why so many past Presidents from the left and right made those statements. This is coming from someone who said nobody was ever right that tried to censor people....your words, not mine....unless you didn't mean what you said or only hold some people to those standards.

nod-ok.gif

giphy.gif
by now, you should be recognizing that they are the enemy of the state. Just yesterday, Katie Couric revealed sh manipulated the news on RBG. Sanjay Gupta admitted that CNN lied about Ivermectin on Joe Rogan's podcast. And don't get me started about three years of Russia! when the entire DNC, FBI and Congress knew the Steele Dossier was a complete fabrication. the FBI freely admits it and an FBI agent was indicted for knowing using it to get a FISA warrant.

They are the enemy of the state. Worse than the political parties. I mean, I expect the Red Sox and Astros to cheat. But I expect the umps to call balls and strikes as fairly as they can. when the umps decide they will call balls and strikes different to affect the game, they are the enemy of the game.

So the leader of the free world saying the media is the enemy of the state is a good thing? Suspending reporters is a good thing. That is why so many past Presidents from the left and right made those statements. This is coming from someone who said nobody was ever right that tried to censor people....your words, not mine....unless you didn't mean what you said or only hold some people to those standards.

nod-ok.gif

The media is the enemy of the Republican party/Trump supporters. That's without dispute. Calling them such is simply truthful and an acknowledgement of reality.

Trump suspended no reporters - he simply kicked disruptive ones out of his press conferences.

Neither of these are censorship, and we are not moving the goalposts.

Reactions: Ski
I’m sure it’s all just a misunderstanding.
This one is beautiful. Some possibilities. There are more if you want to get nuanced. A man of your taste and ease (chai latte and pumpkin spice cones in October de rigueur) is likely to be more nuanced.

Maybe Katie Couric - a transparent fraudster - is lying and David Brooks never said that.
Maybe David Brooks said that, didn't believe it, but only did so to confirm what Katie Couric wanted to believe (help his friend) so that she could censor the sensitive remarks with a "clear conscience."
Maybe David Brooks said that and believed it.

Did RBG understand the question? I think the answer is yes. At least to me, her answer sounds like the answer of someone who understood that question. She most likely later backtracked on the part of the answer that was made public at the advice of others. She was being forthright when she answered the question. Katie Couric? Um, not so much. Katie Couric is a poster child for the paradox of, "The Cretan said that all Cretans are liars."

by now, you should be recognizing that they are the enemy of the state. Just yesterday, Katie Couric revealed sh manipulated the news on RBG. Sanjay Gupta admitted that CNN lied about Ivermectin on Joe Rogan's podcast. And don't get me started about three years of Russia! when the entire DNC, FBI and Congress knew the Steele Dossier was a complete fabrication. the FBI freely admits it and an FBI agent was indicted for knowing using it to get a FISA warrant.

They are the enemy of the state. Worse than the political parties. I mean, I expect the Red Sox and Astros to cheat. But I expect the umps to call balls and strikes as fairly as they can. when the umps decide they will call balls and strikes different to affect the game, they are the enemy of the game.

You forgot some. Like when there was a worldwide pandemic and for over a year the media pretended it was a conspiracy theory to say it originated in a lab in China (while at the same time Big Tech simply de-personed such people).

We are a year and a half into a historic pandemic and the mainstream media in the most powerful country in the world still has not made any meaningful effort into determining the origin of the pandemic. Think about that for a minute.

This one is beautiful. Some possibilities. There are more if you want to get nuanced. A man of your taste and ease (chai latte and pumpkin spice cones in October de rigueur) is likely to be more nuanced.

Maybe Katie Couric - a transparent fraudster - is lying and David Brooks never said that.
Maybe David Brooks said that, didn't believe it, but only did so to confirm what Katie Couric wanted to believe (help his friend) so that she could censor the sensitive remarks with a "clear conscience."
Maybe David Brooks said that and believed it.

Did RBG understand the question? I think the answer is yes. At least to me, her answer sounds like the answer of someone who understood that question. She most likely later backtracked on the part of the answer that was made public at the advice of others. She was being forthright when she answered the question. Katie Couric? Um, not so much. Katie Couric is a poster child for the paradox of, "The Cretan said that all Cretans are liars."
Well, I respected RBG. She was a great woman and accomplished a lot. I disagreed with her on many issues but certainly understand why she took the positions she did based on her life and background. But I respected her more for speaking her mind, being forthright, and defending her positions. I don't, won't, and can't respect the media for altering the truth. RBG was fully capable of defending her words. If she had declined, she had no right to remain on the SCOTUS.

The media is the enemy of the Republican party/Trump supporters. That's without dispute. Calling them such is simply truthful and an acknowledgement of reality.

Trump suspended no reporters - he simply kicked disruptive ones out of his press conferences.

Only a leftist would think censorship is someone kicked out of a televised press conference. Now would you consider not airing a Presidential press conference censorship? Or cutting away from one when the President is saying something you don't like? Not sure what you'd call that but it must have a name.

You forgot some. Like when there was a worldwide pandemic and for over a year the media pretended it was a conspiracy theory to say it originated in a lab in China (while at the same time Big Tech simply de-personed such people).

We are a year and a half into a historic pandemic and the mainstream media in the most powerful country in the world still has not made any meaningful effort into determining the origin of the pandemic. Think about that for a minute.
yeah....perhaps the most troubling aspect of the media in my lifetime. Almost 5,000,000 people dead of COVID and there seems to be almost no curiosity as to why. There is more curiosity, worldwide, about the nature of Sean Clifford's injury than the origins of COVID

That is false. Trump did suspend credentials on Jim A from CNN in a clear attempt to censor.

yeah....perhaps the most troubling aspect of the media in my lifetime. Almost 5,000,000 people dead of COVID and there seems to be almost no curiosity as to why.

The reason why is clear. I don't buy into the Fauci stuff I just think he goes with whatever direction the wind blows. It shouldn't be blasphemous to state the obvious when it comes to the origin and the intent of where it came from.

Reactions: bison13 and Ski

nod-ok.gif

The leader of the free world saying that the media is the enemy of the people is a lot less bad than the leader of the free world sitting down each year and yukking it up and backslapping with the media, which is supposed to be the watchdog of power (and I'm speaking of the White House Correspondents Dinner). THAT is what people should be complaining about.

In 2012, in addition to the annual backslapping event between the powerful President and the powerful media, it turned that that at that exact time our troops were carrying out a project to get bin Laden. Instead of the President (who is also Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces) being back at the White House to be instantly available in case anything happened, he was out at some ridiculous media event, currying favor with the media, who in turn was currying favor with the President. And what was the overwhelming media coverage of this event? It was...wait for it...Donald Trump. If that wasn't an omen of what was to come then nothing is.

There is no actual news important enough to be covered by the media if there is some ridiculous nonsense the media can sidetrack us with instead.

The leader of the free world saying that the media is the enemy of the people is a lot less bad than the leader of the free world sitting down each year and yukking it up and backslapping with the media, which is supposed to be the watchdog of power (and I'm speaking of the White House Correspondents Dinner). THAT is what people should be complaining about.

In 2012, in addition to the annual backslapping event between the powerful President and the powerful media, it turned that that at that exact time our troops were carrying out a project to get bin Laden. Instead of the President (who is also Commander-in-Chief of the armed forces) being back at the White House to be instantly available in case anything happened, he was out at some ridiculous media event, currying favor with the media, who in turn was currying favor with the President. And what was the overwhelming media coverage of this event? It was...wait for it...Donald Trump. If that wasn't an omen of what was to come then nothing is.

There is no actual news important enough to be covered by the media if there is some ridiculous nonsense the media can sidetrack us with instead.
Truth!

As a friend said about the political parties, "one stabs you in the back while the other stabs you in the chest".

He said that people trying to censor people have never been on the right side of history. I pointed out where this was said recently....so apparently you only think it's ok for certain people to censor. Just munching on popcorn watching the hypocrisy....it's funny watching people spin from their own words and line of thinking.

That is false. Trump did suspend credentials on Jim A from CNN in a clear attempt to censor.
So, Trump wouldn't allow a disruptive reporter into his press conference.

Yes. That's not censorship.

Jim Acosta was free to write what he wanted.

Free to share his views.

He just wasn't allowed into Trump's room.

Acosta wasn't kicked out for his views, he wasn't kicked out for what he wrote, threatened to write, or otherwise.

Jim Acosta was kicked out because he was being disruptive. It was appropriate and was the right thing.

Any other statement is simply a lie.

So, Trump wouldn't allow a disruptive reporter into his press conference.

Yes. That's not censorship.

Jim Acosta was free to write what he wanted.

Free to share his views.

He just wasn't allowed into Trump's room.

The man made a press conference impossible and was purposefully disruptive. This happens in sports when you have an outliar nutjob. Not censoring. Just creating space for some form of sanity even amid a pandemic.

Does CNN not have any other reporters?
Could CNN not report on what was going on?

You know both those answers...Acosta is a hack.
remember when he grabbed the microphone and wouldn't let go? good times. how about the time when they stated that Trump called the KKK "good people" (he didn't) or that there was a Russian collusion based on the Steele Dossier (there wasn't and they knew that).

Really good times. Stellar.

nod-ok.gif

Well at least you stopped using the word censor. Baby steps.

“ Enemy of the people “ and dictator go pretty much hand in hand. I could settle for wannabe dictator since we have some guidelines.

• Haha
Reactions: LaJollaLion
Xeptin he didn’t do that. He would talk for an hour everyday with the media clowns from all media outlets with no restrictions. And he loved taking on those that were against him like Acosta 🤡. He threw out a couple that were dishonest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT