ADVERTISEMENT

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has died. RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
“ Enemy of the people “ and dictator go pretty much hand in hand. I could settle for wannabe dictator since we have some guidelines.
given that the media knowingly made up Russian Collusion and calling the KKK "good people"....why would you expect him to say anything else? I can certainly understand why he thought that and a big part of me agrees. When the media is no longer focused on reporting blatant truth, the media is the enemy of the people, IMHO

Xeptin he didn’t do that. He would talk for an hour everyday with the media clowns from all media outlets with no restrictions. And he loved taking on those that were against him like Acosta 🤡. He threw out a couple that were dishonest.
Dishonest, like lying about an election? Kick out anyone who you don’t like. Pillar of democracy.😂😂😂😂😂😂

My favorite all time media move over the past year of Trump's presidency was during any sit down interview, the first question being "Sirrrrr are you a white supremacist?" A question way more befitting of Biden considering his ACTUAL ties to KKK members and history of segregationist talk.

My favorite all time media move over the past year of Trump's presidency was during any sit down interview, the first question being "Sirrrrr are you a white supremacist?" A question way more befitting of Biden considering his ACTUAL ties to KKK members and history of segregationist talk.

And actions. Biden took tangible actions to back up his words.

"Save us from stuff we don't want to hear"

"There's another board for this isn't there"

"Delete the test board"

Same people - censorship abounds.

Zero, zero self-awareness.

Tom has said time and time again he doesn't want this stuff on his board. So, you, and others participating in this back and forth, are breaking his rules - on purpose, since you know there is a place for this kind of talk. Take it there please.

Tom has said time and time again he doesn't want this stuff on his board. So, you, and others participating in this back and forth, are breaking his rules - on purpose, since you know there is a place for this kind of talk. Take it there please.

You are good at posting images distracting images. They seem to change board narrative like no other.

Reactions: Midnighter2
Careful you are censoring them. I hope this thread gets trashed. It deserves to for the very reason you said. They just cannot follow the rules. 😂

You are good at posting images distracting images. They seem to change board narratove like no other.

I feel like you're trying to suggest I do something....I did create a new 'Free Board' poll on the new page. Check it out if you haven't...

"Save us from stuff we don't want to hear"

"There's another board for this isn't there"

"Delete the test board"

Same people - censorship abounds.

Zero, zero self-awareness.

Your level of praise, its just.... lacking. It's not like this board hasn't discussed Colin Kaepernick before, and here you have Ruth Bader's comments censored by the media and pointing that out is the part that offends some people.

Last edited:
But someone was saying where in history were the censors the good guys. I was just pointing out some hypocrisy...nothing more than that. You're 100% correct it happens all over the place.
It's all good and agreed. Kind of a weird world we live in now - everyone seems to be a censor and gives us their version of the news through their own lens.

Reactions: LaJollaLion
This one is beautiful. Some possibilities. There are more if you want to get nuanced. A man of your taste and ease (chai latte and pumpkin spice cones in October de rigueur) is likely to be more nuanced.

Maybe Katie Couric - a transparent fraudster - is lying and David Brooks never said that.
Maybe David Brooks said that, didn't believe it, but only did so to confirm what Katie Couric wanted to believe (help his friend) so that she could censor the sensitive remarks with a "clear conscience."
Maybe David Brooks said that and believed it.

Did RBG understand the question? I think the answer is yes. At least to me, her answer sounds like the answer of someone who understood that question. She most likely later backtracked on the part of the answer that was made public at the advice of others. She was being forthright when she answered the question. Katie Couric? Um, not so much. Katie Couric is a poster child for the paradox of, "The Cretan said that all Cretans are liars."

I’m willing to cut Katie some slack. She‘s always had a “Be right back“ quality.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-28-at-9.32.29-PM.png

yeah....perhaps the most troubling aspect of the media in my lifetime. Almost 5,000,000 people dead of COVID and there seems to be almost no curiosity as to why. There is more curiosity, worldwide, about the nature of Sean Clifford's injury than the origins of COVID

PSU’s QB room sure could benefit from some gain of function.

• Haha
Reactions: Obliviax
Your level of praise, its just.... lacking. It's not like this board hasn't discussed Colin Kaepernick before, and here you have Ruth Bader's comments censored by the media and pointing that out is the part that offends some people.

It's not offensive. I think it's shameful and unethical. I also think it doesn't belong on this thread. Like those who don't want to see kneeling football players when they go to a game, I don't want to see an 'RIP Thread' (which are generally given a lot of latitude when it comes to whether or not they are considered 'test/political board material') devolve into a discussion (not really the right word...) about the media. Trying to think of what I can do to rustle up some Hawkeye fans since at least then, we all had the same enemy....

It's not offensive. I think it's shameful and unethical. I also think it doesn't belong on this thread. Like those who don't want to see kneeling football players when they go to a game, I don't want to see an 'RIP Thread' (which are generally given a lot of latitude when it comes to whether or not they are considered 'test/political board material') devolve into a discussion (not really the right word...) about the media. Trying to think of what I can do to rustle up some Hawkeye fans since at least then, we all had the same enemy....
you bring up several good points:
  • we need a Seinfeld-like discussion on how long must we wait after death to trash a person?
  • kneeling is that weird nexus between sport and news. it is interesting to me that it has quietly gone away. NBA as well. It would seem the polls and ratings trump ethics.
  • We have lost focus on what binds us instead of what divides us. As a kid, we were taught to seek out other people's opinions and ask why they feel that way. You might never agree, but you'll often get a well-thought-out line of reasoning that never occurred to you before. And with that, understanding.
  • That brings me back to the press. They actively exploit such disagreements and are the basis of the division. They often show worst-case scenarios and paint that as mainstream. Today, for example, you'd think going to a national park is a death sentence. Or, you'd think catching COVID at age 18 is life-threatening. Sadly, the media has lost so much credibility, they are less than worthless.

you bring up several good points:
  • we need a Seinfeld-like discussion on how long must we wait after death to trash a person?
  • kneeling is that weird nexus between sport and news. it is interesting to me that it has quietly gone away. NBA as well. It would seem the polls and ratings trump ethics.
  • We have lost focus on what binds us instead of what divides us. As a kid, we were taught to seek out other people's opinions and ask why they feel that way. You might never agree, but you'll often get a well-thought-out line of reasoning that never occurred to you before. And with that, understanding.
  • That brings me back to the press. They actively exploit such disagreements and are the basis of the division. They often show worst-case scenarios and paint that as mainstream. Today, for example, you'd think going to a national park is a death sentence. Or, you'd think catching COVID at age 18 is life-threatening. Sadly, the media has lost so much credibility, they are less than worthless.

Is the intent to trash RBG? I thought it was more to slight the media. Anyway, I reported to Mods to move the thread and that's gonna end my participation here. If you don't like the media in the US, I highly recommend living somewhere else in the world for any significant amount of time. Or, serve abroad in the military. Really. You will beg to see Tucker Carlson or Anderson Cooper. Laters.

Is the intent to trash RBG? I thought it was more to slight the media. Anyway, I reported to Mods to move the thread and that's gonna end my participation here. If you don't like the media in the US, I highly recommend living somewhere else in the world for any significant amount of time. Or, serve abroad in the military. Really. You will beg to see Tucker Carlson or Anderson Cooper. Laters.
IlliterateCheeryKingfisher-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: Midnighter2
fair enough. I've spent enough time in Russia and Vietnam to know of what you speak. But I grew up trusting the news. I think they were better years ago. for every Dan Rather (lying POS) there was a Tim Russert. For every David Brinkley, a Sam Donaldson. I will never get over the press's knowing lies about Russia! and COVID 19...never.

I have served abroad. Just because there are countries where the media are even worse behaving than the US does not make what the media in the US is doing acceptable. Don't like it. I don't care. Take your ball and go home.

Reactions: 84Lion and 91Joe95
F**K 89! Hey dickhead...take your shit to the asshole board where you thrive. This is a sports board! I look at the moron boards threads and I don't see one thread about football, wrestling or the new basketball coach. Nobody is trying to censor you...go to your site, f**k yourself, and bitch to your hearts content. Asshole!
emoji_snowflake_thumb.jpg

I have served abroad. Just because there are countries where the media are even worse behaving than the US does not make what the media in the US is doing acceptable. Don't like it. I don't care. Take your ball and go home.

Just because it's "better" doesn't mean it's doing a good job and/or above criticism.

Reactions: 84Lion

Never said that. But, the institutions we have are only as good as people will allow, and as good as the people serving them, and what we have oftentimes is in service to very different realities (or interpretations of them). In essence, we get the media we deserve.

Thanks for your service. ✌️

Reactions: LaJollaLion
Just because it's "better" doesn't mean it's doing a good job and/or above criticism.

I'm not asking that you stop criticizing (though I am asking you have your children serve in the military if you haven't.... ;); just do it somewhere else. That is it.

Hotshoe must be under a horse again.

I'm not asking that you stop criticizing (though I am asking you have your children serve in the military if you haven't.... ;); just do it somewhere else. That is it.

Hotshoe must be under a horse again.
Let’s head over to the moron board and start a few threads about our linebacker play, running game, or basketball recruiting!

F**K 89! Hey dickhead...take your shit to the asshole board where you thrive. This is a sports board! I look at the moron boards threads and I don't see one thread about football, wrestling or the new basketball coach. Nobody is trying to censor you...go to your site, f**k yourself, and bitch to your hearts content. Asshole!

Now this would make George Carlin proud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT