ADVERTISEMENT

Relative time intervals between PSU matches - Rd 1

Maddog

May 29, 2001
Was looking at the brackets to get a general idea of how long the wait will be between PSU matches tomorrow morning. Looking at match numbers:

RBY- 40
Nick- 51
Berge- 64
Nolf- 75
Cenzo- 106
Hall- 107
Shak- 138
Bo- 139
Cassar- 170

So four long waits of at least 30 matches (before RBY, Nolf-Cenzo, Hall-Shak, Bo-Cassar) and two that could be going on at the same time or even reversed (Cenzo-Hall, Shak-Bo).

Was looking at the brackets to get a general idea of how long the wait will be between PSU matches tomorrow morning. Looking at match numbers:

RBY- 40
Nick- 51
Berge- 64
Nolf- 75
Cenzo- 106
Hall- 107
Shak- 138
Bo- 139
Cassar- 170

So four long waits of at least 30 matches (before RBY, Nolf-Cenzo, Hall-Shak, Bo-Cassar) and two that could be going on at the same time or even reversed (Cenzo-Hall, Shak-Bo).

Dont put much stock in those match numbers, there are 8 mats, and every match time varies, count on this, we WILL have 2 guys going ( if not 3) going simultaneously, first round is crazy that way.

Watch for upcoming matches and mats on track or Flo

Dont put much stock in those match numbers, there are 8 mats, and every match time varies, count on this, we WILL have 2 guys going ( if not 3) going simultaneously, first round is crazy that way.

Watch for upcoming matches and mats on track or Flo
I realize these numbers are definitive, which is why I used "relative" in the thread title. However, I will feel fairly confident that I can take a short break from the screen after Nolf, Hall, and Bo wrestle.

I realize these numbers are definitive, which is why I used "relative" in the thread title. However, I will feel fairly confident that I can take a short break from the screen after Nolf, Hall, and Bo wrestle.

Ok, i thought you meant you wanted to meet up with your long lost cousin...:D:D

Reactions: Maddog
Flo Arena has a notification feature that allows you to select individual wrestlers or teams in advance and you will receive text or email messages (you can specify your preference) of mat assignments. I used this for Big 10s and it is a very nice feature. You may have to renew this for each session.

Reactions: carlygirlpeterson
Flo Arena has a notification feature that allows you to select individual wrestlers or teams in advance and you will receive text or email messages (you can specify your preference) of mat assignments. I used this for Big 10s and it is a very nice feature. You may have to renew this for each session.
Pro feature or everyone?

It did not work for me. Do you need an account?

p.s. ignore I should have read the remaining posts before asking the question.

RBY- 40
Nick- 51
Berge- 64
Nolf- 75
Cenzo- 106
Hall- 107
Shak- 138
Bo- 139
Cassar- 170

Except that pigtail matches will occur first, then their matches with the #1 seeds will *not* occur immediately thereafter. Someone said they'll occur around when 157 would go. So, Rivera's "match 11" will not be the 11th match to be contested. Especially for all the PSU #1 ranked guys, you'll get some odd ordering, I think.

Reactions: diggerpup
Except that pigtail matches will occur first, then their matches with the #1 seeds will *not* occur immediately thereafter. Someone said they'll occur around when 157 would go. So, Rivera's "match 11" will not be the 11th match to be contested. Especially for all the PSU #1 ranked guys, you'll get some odd ordering, I think.

The required rest period between matches is now only 30 minutes so Match 11 could occur while 133 is going on. IMHO, they should get a much longer wait in this situation where only one of the wrestlers had a previous match. There is no reason to rush get those matches in but that is what has always happened in the past.

The required rest period between matches is now only 30 minutes so Match 11 could occur while 133 is going on. IMHO, they should get a much longer wait in this situation where only one of the wrestlers had a previous match. There is no reason to rush get those matches in but that is what has always happened in the past.

Pig tails are stupid.

I was just going off of memory when I said they go around 157 during the schedule thread in hopes that somebody would correct me if I am wrong. That may very well be the case but I just don't want you to miss anybody in case they go sooner/later than that.

Last year I spent too much time trying to juggle 8 mats on EPSN3, and was missing more than I was gaining; I think I finally gave up.
This year I am going to pick 4 mats and leave them on.
Having said that..is there any way to choose the 4 mats that will have more PSU matches than the other 4 mats?
Maybe the center mats, which ever they might be?
I am thinking the answer is NO.
Any suggestions?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT