ADVERTISEMENT

Real to Hawks

For those of you who are partaking in Pennsylvanias First Day of Trout Season holiday... I want to wish you good luck and stay safe. Should be a decent day for weather, at least in Potter County.

Let's talk 141 ... here's WrestleStat's Top 8 at 141 next year:
1. Cole Matthews
2. Grant Willits
3. Real Woods
4. Jake Bergeland
5. Clay Carlson
6. Allan Hart
7. Andrew Alirez
8. Sammy Alvarez

If Beau Bartlett can't infiltrate that Top 8 then that's our problem.

I agree. Assuming nobody else surprising shows up (weight changes, etc.), I like Bartlett against any of those guys or at least would assume that Bartlett would be in the match with any of them. I'm very high on Beau Bartlett at 141, but you're right, it's there for the taking for him.

So basically this means Iowa may now get a trophy at next years tournament. 2 more top transfers and they very well could get second??

1. Cole Matthews
2. Grant Willits
3. Real Woods
4. Jake Bergeland
5. Clay Carlson
6. Allan Hart
7. Andrew Alirez
8. Sammy Alvarez

Is anybody still using that website for rankings and actually taking them seriously?

1. Cole Matthews
2. Grant Willits
3. Real Woods
4. Jake Bergeland
5. Clay Carlson
6. Allan Hart
7. Andrew Alirez
8. Sammy Alvarez

Let's instead go by returning placement:
4 - Willits
5 - Matthews
6 - Woods
7 - Bergeland
8 - Composto
R12 - Alirez, Carlson
R16 - Jack, Droegemueller

Add Hart, Alvarez, and Kinner for a top 12. Bartlett should be on that podium -- and not 8th either.

Did not know that. Thanks Iowa. The other white meat. If done well it is very tasty, IMHO. 🐖
Cannot beat authentic pork carnitas. Made a batch last night. Well, minus the kettle full of pork fat. Lol.

Reactions: Grass
so is Henson in the portal yet,I bet that made his day Brands told him he was starter one day the next day sorry your out!!LOL

Reactions: nitlion6
cant wait to watch Beau beat up on woods!!
We all hope to see this; however, let us pace ourselves in our expectations. Hopefully BB will find a more offensive approach down at 141, but as it stands now he has some work to do (and undoubtedly he and the staff know this).

I am, of course, hoping my cautiousness is all for naught once next season rolls around.

It's been nice to see @The Vak back around these parts again lately.

Vak loves his time on themat.com forums. I left that site years ago after it went downhill. I only visit there occasionally for International freestyle chatter

@The Vak is one of the few rational posters left on HR. Awesome to see him over here.

I concur. One of my favorite posters on any forumn

Well this is certainly pleasant. I don't post a ton on the team boards for different reasons, but I read a lot for info! I post on the mat dot com mostly because i like the crossection of fanbases whereas the team boards can be a bit homogenous, but it can admittedly be more toxic than the team boards.

Met some really cool PSU fans this year at the tournament, we were sitting near each other for the first two days.

@The Vak is one of the few rational posters left on HR. Awesome to see him over here.
Vak is a great Hawk fan. We now have a pretty good group of them that contribute here. Enjoy their work.

If I were to rank my top 5 Hawk fans on the boards…

1. JRod
2. JMadden
3. JS
4. Vak
5. IAChief

Was curious how Wrestlestat would rank the top Hawk fans on the boards with their algorithm and the results were quite interesting…

1. TURK
2. Vodka
3. Ironbird
4. Grip220
5. Gobblin

I’d tell Turk to hang in there and get a few more years of posts in and eventually his work will get recognized but… yeah… looks as if Wrestlestat doesn’t really need to see anything more from him. :)

Vak is a great Hawk fan. We now have a pretty good group of them that contribute here. Enjoy their work.

1. JRod
2. JMadden
3. JS
4. Vak
5. IAChief

Was curious how Wrestlestat would rank the top Hawk fans on the boards with their algorithm and the results were quite interesting…

1. TURK
2. Vodka
3. Ironbird
4. Grip220
5. Gobblin

I’d tell Turk to hang in there and get a few more years of posts in and eventually his work will get recognized but… yeah… looks as if Wrestlestat doesn’t really need to see anything more from him. :)
I’d just tweak the 2nd list a little, as LoneWolfie isn’t really a tHR poster, and Grip does seem capable of humility at times. I’d swap them out for armbar and mvp, who are just miserable and bring zero value to the game.

I’d just tweak the 2nd list a little, as LoneWolfie isn’t really a tHR poster, and Grip does seem capable of humility at times. I’d swap them out for armbar and mvp, who are just miserable and bring zero value to the game.
Yeah, I had a gripe or two myself and was going to bitch about it but knew someone would just tell me to create a better algorithm if I didn’t like it.

Oh… and to donate to them. Lmao

1. JRod
2. JMadden
3. JS
4. Vak
5. IAChief

1. TURK
2. Vodka
3. Ironbird
4. Grip220
5. Gobblin

NCHawk wants to be ranked.

grumpy-old-man.gif

1. JRod
2. JMadden
3. JS
4. Vak
5. IAChief

1. TURK
2. Vodka
3. Ironbird
4. Grip220
5. Gobblin

Throw NashvilleHawk on that list also. He’s as professional as they come.

Real Woods to Iowa makes sense in that he was a Psych major at Stanford and Iowa does have a great medical school. In fact, a Penn State national champion went to Iowa's medical school.

Psychology major, while not precluding someone from applying to medical school, is no more a routine step toward this end than a major in English Literature.

So basically this means Iowa may now get a trophy at next years tournament. 2 more top transfers and they very well could get second??
History says they have never been good enough to be second to PSU's first. I wouldn't expect that to change regardless of the number of "recruit over their guys" transfers they bring in.

Real Woods to Iowa makes sense in that he was a Psych major at Stanford and Iowa does have a great medical school. In fact, a Penn State national champion went to Iowa's medical school.
So what you're saying is: someday Woods will open a practice in Boalsburg and run the NLWC.

Reactions: nitlion6
We all hope to see this; however, let us pace ourselves in our expectations. Hopefully BB will find a more offensive approach down at 141, but as it stands now he has some work to do (and undoubtedly he and the staff know this).

I am, of course, hoping my cautiousness is all for naught once next season rolls around.
There will be no expectation pacing during the offseason. Food and travel threads are great, but the what-ifs of the greatness that may just manifest are what offseason greatness is all about. Full speed ahead with all offseason expectations I say. Some may actually prove true.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT