ADVERTISEMENT

Real to Hawks

Vak is a great Hawk fan. We now have a pretty good group of them that contribute here. Enjoy their work.

If I were to rank my top 5 Hawk fans on the boards…

1. JRod
2. JMadden
3. JS
4. Vak
5. IAChief

Kind words. Flattery will get you everywhere with me!!! 😁😁

No way should I be at the top though. Here's the correct order for the top 3 anyway:

1. @IAChief32 - He's a legend for a reason. Great insights, obvious passion for the Hawks, credibility through the roof. He doesn't post on here much, so can see that lowering him a bit...

2. @jmadden1998 - GIF game alone puts 'em at #2

3. @js8793 - he has the ability to do some pretty detailed breakdowns that I find very informative. Also appears to be fairly objective. Not afraid to mix it up with either fanbase when he feels that his view is correct.

I haven't had much interaction with @The Vak but seems like a good poster from what I can remember. Also a shoutout to @Nashville_Hawkeye. Haven't met him in person, but just seems like a good dude that likes wrestling.

Kind words. Flattery will get you everywhere with me!!! 😁😁

No way should I be at the top though. Here's the correct order for the top 3 anyway:

1. @IAChief32 - He's a legend for a reason. Great insights, obvious passion for the Hawks, credibility through the roof. He doesn't post on here much, so can see that lowering him a bit...

2. @jmadden1998 - GIF game alone puts 'em at #2

3. @js8793 - he has the ability to do some pretty detailed breakdowns that I find very informative. Also appears to be fairly objective. Not afraid to mix it up with either fanbase when he feels that his view is correct.

I haven't had much interaction with @The Vak but seems like a good poster from what I can remember. Also a shoutout to @Nashville_Hawkeye. Haven't met him in person, but just seems like a good dude that likes wrestling.
Picking up what you’re putting down but yeah… gotta leave you #1. You bring great stuff to the mix but another reason is because you’re one of the few Hawk fans that ever had my back on anything and you did it few times. Lol. That’s rare for me…

Last edited:
The Woods story won't be the last for all or most of the top teams looking to make a weight class or two (or three, etc.) stronger. It's been said by a few already, with the depleteion at Iowa and Michigan, Penn State has a significant point advantage on paper right now.

I like the current PSU team, and while a tweak or two may happen, other teams need more than a tweak.

Let's instead go by returning placement:
4 - Willits
5 - Matthews
6 - Woods
7 - Bergeland
8 - Composto
R12 - Alirez, Carlson
R16 - Jack, Droegemueller

Add Hart, Alvarez, and Kinner for a top 12. Bartlett should be on that podium -- and not 8th either.
Agreed. Put me down for a 5th. With Woods 3rd.

Reactions: mcpat
NCHawk wants to be ranked.

grumpy-old-man.gif
Not enough matches for his base ELO to gain.

Chief doesn't participate enough on this board to earn #1 (kind of like a wrestler going 12-0 and winning it all with 9 bonus wins but doesn't get the Hodge) but whenever he stops by, it's usually to provide a voice of reason which is unbelievable. Also, he's the same person on HR and Twitter, any PSU hate from him usually is in a harmless humorous way that involves Cael being bald.

I've seen @The Vak on TheMat and I always enjoyed his posts. Very informative and thoughtful. Anti PSU posts there are usually very humorous similar to Chief's.

For the record, I expect Anti PSU posts from Iowa posters, it's how things go ... which makes posters like @jrod65 so ... unique.

So you pay up to the PSWC yet or what?
Actually I didn't see the bet because I had been banned at that point until April 1st, but I will be happy to donate. By the same token those who were on here throwing insults and rude remarks to me, hopefully understand that I will challenge them to find me making the first attack or insult.

Actually I didn't see the bet because I had been banned at that point until April 1st, but I will be happy to donate. By the same token those who were on here throwing insults and rude remarks to me, hopefully understand that I will challenge them to find me making the first attack or insult.

You liked the post for the bet! Glad to have it settled.

I didn't insult at all, just encouraged aligning mouth and money. Buuuuut you were certainly closer to right than I wanted you to be!

Reactions: Psugo823
You could always challenge them to a “wrestling” match under some rural bridge.

That is actually cool that you didn't get a permanent ban hammer. Second chances. Yet another reason BWI, I mean Nittany Nation, is far superior to HR.

You liked the post for the bet! Glad to have it settled.

I didn't insult at all, just encouraged aligning mouth and money. Buuuuut you were certainly closer to right than I wanted you to be!
I posted what I thought. Yes, it was negative and I fully understand why I'm hated. By the same token I am not "gunsy" or whoever else I am being roasted on here about. Hildebrandt had regressed and couldn't defend his legs and I have no idea why but that's what I saw. Brady was not quite at the level he was last year and that's understandable but he deserves his love because he came back for the sake of the team. Beau has been wrestling up a weight for 2 years and it finally got in his head and I give him credit for lasting 1.5 years until it finally did. Beau will stand on the podium next year. At the end of the day we won the way we always do: We have 5 or 6 hammers who Hammer like the gods Led Zeppelin told us about lol. I stand by my point that we are not well rounded because we aren't, YET. I think Robby, Beau, and our 3 youngsters at 49 57 and 65 might finally make us so next season.

That is actually cool that you didn't get a permanent ban hammer. Second chances. Yet another reason BWI, I mean Nittany Nation, is far superior to HR.
What's the difference. I apparently got a life time ban the first time they banned me lol

Reactions: Ski
Guess I was correct when I said Henson was on the move ;) he's in the portal

Reactions: Ski
Off the top of my head Bubba Jenkins, AJ Nevills, Garrett Hammond, Cody Law, and Austin Boone did though.

Different kids with different priorities and prospects is all.

ADVERTISEMENT