ADVERTISEMENT

R.I.P......Tommy Nobis

One of the best during his era.

Nobis was from San Antonio, a Thomas Jefferson HS grad. He was at UT a bit before my football-following days began, but I remember how much he was loved by the San Antonio press.

I seem to recall Butkus, Nobis and Nitschki all being on the Sports Illustrated cover during their careers. All three were real slobberknockers and fun to watch.

Reactions: 46DavePSU
And I believe he would have been considered the best ever if his team had not been so absolutely horrible during his whole career. Had 12 ints in 10 years as well. Greatest college middle linebacker ever in my book. Sorry Mr. Millen

And I believe he would have been considered the best ever if his team had not been so absolutely horrible during his whole career. Had 12 ints in 10 years as well. Greatest college middle linebacker ever in my book. Sorry Mr. Millen
Millen was a defensive tackle in college.

Reactions: kgilbert78
Mr. Millen played defensive tackle at Penn State. But you knew that, right?

Alright, this was Millen’s rookie nickname he got with the Raiders ; Spike.
They called him this because his looks reminded people of Spike the Bulldog from Tom and Jerry.

Future Bad NFL Executive.
Who was the stone cold dope who hired a guy with absolutely no experience in any NFL front office, to run his team? Who paid him $40,000,000 dollars over 10 years?

There is a non profit organization not far from me in Marietta, Ga he was involved in. It's called the Tommy Nobis Center or Nobis Works also. Been around many years and has helped people with disabilities secure employment. Everyone knows he was a great linebacker but by all accounts he was a greater person. R.I.P

Mr. Millen played defensive tackle at Penn State. But you knew that, right?
No I forgot about that...noted. Thanks for correcting. Just often get pissed at his comments and thought I'd take a dig at him. Was a warrior for us though and highly successful in the NFL.

Alright, this was Millen’s rookie nickname he got with the Raiders ; Spike.
They called him this because his looks reminded people of Spike the Bulldog from Tom and Jerry.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT