ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue depth chart: Wow! Experienced team...

Sounds like you should focus on the NFL then. If you can’t enjoy games just for the game itself, you might want to look for different interests.
I do enjoy the games hence I watch the games. You're not making sense.
Like right now--Texas-Bama, Miami-USM, Wake-Vandy, etc are all interesting games to watch unlike the scrimmage we're laying today,

I do enjoy the games hence I watch the games. You're not making sense.
Like right now--Texas-Bama, Miami-USM, Wake-Vandy, etc are all interesting games to watch unlike the scrimmage we're laying today,
But every team plays what you call scrimmage games. You can’t play power house after power house all year long. That would be dumb.

Wait...so you are saying that in order to have an opinion on Hackenberg, one must have experience playing on an NFL roster? Geez, in that case, not one soul on this board is allowed to have an opinion, including you.
I think that hack did some good things at Penn State and he got a chance in the pros. Not everybody ever gets that opportunity. I love the fact that hack stayed with Penn State when everybody was dodging. We get on these boards and give all kinds of opinions, but everybody doesn't make it big. One of my greatest memories was Hack hitting Robinson to bring us back against Michigan. I do not know if getting beaten down every game affected his game or not, but it sure cannot have helped him develop any confidence.

Reactions: PSUQBKeeper
I think that hack did some good things at Penn State and he got a chance in the pros. Not everybody ever gets that opportunity. I love the fact that hack stayed with Penn State when everybody was dodging. We get on these boards and give all kinds of opinions, but everybody doesn't make it big. One of my greatest memories was Hack hitting Robinson to bring us back against Michigan. I do not know if getting beaten down every game affected his game or not, but it sure cannot have helped him develop any confidence.
He gave 💯 every game. He stayed during the sanctions but did leave a year early. There were plenty of positive things, and with that said, he was very limited in respect to how well he played the position. This is just how it was. I didn't play a snap in the NFL but this is how I saw it

He gave 💯 every game. He stayed during the sanctions but did leave a year early. There were plenty of positive things, and with that said, he was very limited in respect to how well he played the position. This is just how it was. I didn't play a snap in the NFL but this is how I saw it
Parker, we're cool. I keep pulling for our kids whether they "make it" or not!

Reactions: Parkerdam555
Because we (unintentionally) destroyed Hack his final two seasons here. That's just reality. I'm sorry that bothers you. If QBs aren't developed properly they can't recover from 2 years of regression especially with the lack of protection he had. It broke him. See David Carr when he got to the Texans.
Bull spit. Great players overcome adversity. Kurt Warner had to play arena football and pack groceries....guess that didn't break him......Warren Moon went to Canada and worked his way into the NFL Hall of Fame.
Sorry you can't accept the fact that Hack is a great kid....and leave it at that.

Bull spit. Great players overcome adversity. Kurt Warner had to play arena football and pack groceries....guess that didn't break him......Warren Moon went to Canada and worked his way into the NFL Hall of Fame.
Sorry you can't accept the fact that Hack is a great kid....and leave it at that.
And those are the exceptions to the rule. Usually once they're done they're done.
Let's not pretend we did him any favors or him staying wasn't a huge mistake. It's why the new transfer system is superior.

And those are the exceptions to the rule. Usually once they're done they're done.
Let's not pretend we did him any favors or him staying wasn't a huge mistake. It's why the new transfer system is superior.
It wouldn’t have made any difference if he left…he would have been an average QB anywhere else in the P5 and may have ended up not even starting.

Reactions: marshall23
Same with Levis right?
The jury's out as to who is the better QB.....Cliff or Levis. Only one could play. Cliff has proven he can QB an 11 win team....Will a 10 win team. Both have career QB ratings 20 points higher than Hack. Regardless, their situation has nothing to do with Hack crapping the bed at the next level.

The jury's out as to who is the better QB.....Cliff or Levis. Only one could play. Cliff has proven he can QB an 11 win team....Will a 10 win team. Both have carreer QB raitings 20 points higher than Hack. Regardless, their situation has nothing to do with Hack crapping the bed at the next level.
I'm sorry--what jury is out?
Because Hack didn't leave--he stayed in a bad situation which was his fault
The point is--leaving often helps people as you well know but keep pretending it's the same result regardless instead of simply acknowledging reality

The point is--leaving often helps people as you well know but keep pretending it's the same result regardless instead of simply acknowledging reality

Acknowledge reality? Hack was beyond awful for every single NFL team he played for. The reality is he just wasn't very good - sorry you can't handle reality Blowhardius.

Reactions: marshall23
The reality is that Hack had a 121.4 career rating. Despite chances with 4 NFL teams, never took a regular season snap and got benched after less than two minor league games......and you are saying he was a victim of circumstance. LOL His HS completion percentage was 51.8. He actually improved that in college.

Acknowledge reality? Hack was beyond awful for every single NFL team he played for. The reality is he just wasn't very good - sorry you can't handle reality Blowhardius.
Because of the lack of development and us breaking him mentally behind the line

The reality is that Hack had a 121.4 career rating. Despite chances with 4 NFL teams, never took a regular season snap and got benched after less than two minor league games......and you are saying he was a victim of circumstance. LOL His HS completion percentage was 51.8. He actually improved that in college.
Why do you keep talking about the NFL or his QB rating? Him staying is the reason for both of those.
Amazing how his rating was 134 as a true freshman QB under O'Brien. What changed because typically people get better, right? He completed almost 59% as a freshman and 53.5% as a junior. The stats prove YOU wrong as you damn well know.
If you're going to argue football with me then know the sport. Take off the blue & white shades and think for once. When you're ready to have an intelligent conversation you let me know. Okay kiddo?

Because of the lack of development and us breaking him mentally behind the line
Lando, what is your point about vigorously defending Hack and blaming Franklin for his performance. Are you trying to say Allar will regress and be a train wreck all because Franklin can't develop QBs, the system is all wrong and doesn't fit, blah, blah, blah? Sounds a lot like Wally and Delco, hmmm? Asking for a friend.

Yeah, playing in the NFL wouldn't require him to be mentally tough.
It would him to be but we broke that--again see David Carr with the Texans
You don't recover and he didn't. You can blame O'Brien all you want for not recruiting OL but don't pretend we didn't do damage.
You're better than this--you're buddy in this thread isn't

Lando, what is your point about vigorously defending Hack and blaming Franklin for his performance. Are you trying to say Allar will regress and be a train wreck all because Franklin can't develop QBs, the system is all wrong and doesn't fit, blah, blah, blah? Sounds a lit like Wally and Delco, hmmm? Asking for a friend.
Has nothing to do with Allar
I'm saying that not acknowledging the damage that was done because Hack didn't fit the offense is pure ignorance and "homerism". This is why the transfer rules are better now. Hack needed to leave. Franklin needed Hack to leave. Instead both were put in a no win situation.

35-31 against Purdue in which we were unimpressive shouldn't be "happy". It should be concerned. But you're okay with being 3rd in the Big Ten and going to meaningless bowl games.
Unimpressive to you, because you have unrealistic expectations. You view PSU as having the talent such that PSU fans should expect a blowout of a team as talented as Purdue with a talented QB playing away, like what you believe Bama, oh-high-ya, or UGA would do to them. But those teams have top 5, maybe top 3 talent. Whereas PSU does really not even have top 15 talent.

Maybe being more realistic in your expectations would cause your posts to be more realistic.....

Last edited:
Reactions: ryoder1
Why do you keep talking about the NFL or his QB rating? Him staying is the reason for both of those.
Amazing how his rating was 134 as a true freshman QB under O'Brien. What changed because typically people get better, right? He completed almost 59% as a freshman and 53.5% as a junior. The stats prove YOU wrong as you damn well know.
If you're going to argue football with me then know the sport. Take off the blue & white shades and think for once. When you're ready to have an intelligent conversation you let me know. Okay kiddo?
134 Isn't that good. Both Levis and Cliff are in the 140's. What changed Allen Robinson?
Know the sport? Are you Hack's mother?
Since Hack
Trace, Cliff and Will are all better than he was. Okay kiddo?

134 Isn't that good. Both Levis and Cliff are in the 140's. What changed Allen Robinson?
Know the sport? Are you Hack's mother?
Since Hack
Trace, Cliff and Will are all better than he was. Okay kiddo?
As a true freshman
Robinson wasn't all that change. Did O'Brien leave?
Trace was a better fit for the offense--hence Franklin would have been better off had Hack left?

As a true freshman
Robinson wasn't all that change. Did O'Brien leave?
Trace was a better fit for the offense--hence Franklin would have been better off had Hack left?
Empirical evidence shows Hack left.....and failed at 5 different locations.

Empirical evidence shows Hack left.....and failed at 5 different locations.
The NFL (and other pretend pro leagues) is not college as I think you know
The lack of development and the mental issues that were created in his final two years here destroyed his future.
Why does the belief that him leaving would have been best for him bother you when you know it's true?
I guess you're used to people here just listening to your nonsense and agreeing with you to support Penn State instead of being honest

Has nothing to do with Allar
I'm saying that not acknowledging the damage that was done because Hack didn't fit the offense is pure ignorance and "homerism". This is why the transfer rules are better now. Hack needed to leave. Franklin needed Hack to leave. Instead both were put in a no win situation.
Okay who cares, ancient history.

Unimpressive to you, because you have unrealistic expectations. You view PSU as having the talent such that PSU fans should expect a blowout of a team as talented as Purdue with a talented QB playing away, like what Bama, oh-high-ya, or UGA would do to them. But those teams have top 5, maybe top 3 talent. Whereas PSU does really not even have top 15 talent.

Maybe being more realistic in your expectations would cause your posts to be more realistic.....
I agree and there is no guarantee any of those teams would blow out Purdue at Purdue. Look at Texas battling Bama today. In the world of talent being the uber above everything, Bama should thump inferior talent like Texas even if Texas is not that far behind them in talent. Did that happen? No. If you are Bama are you now thinking the season is in jeopardy and you could lose a couple games? The game is not played by robots and a computer simulation.

I agree and there is no guarantee any of those teams would blow out Purdue at Purdue. Look at Texas battling Bama today. In the world of talent being the uber above everything, Bama should thump inferior talent like Texas even if Texas is not that far behind them in talent. Did that happen? No. If you are Bama are you now thinking the season is in jeopardy and you could lose a couple games? The game is not played by robots and a computer simulation.
Yes, Bama fans are nervous right now especially about the WRs when they struggled with Texas and their backup QB who was limping throughout.

It amuses me......LOL
Ok. I am a hypocrite because I am guilty of responding on the Auburn is lousy thread. Auburn has had top 10 to 20 recruiting classes from 2018 to 2021 and now we should expect to beat them, and they are lousy because of how they looked this week.

Yes, Bama fans are nervous right now especially about the WRs when they struggled with Texas and their backup QB who was limping throughout.
You mean like their game against Florida last year prior to going on to win the conference?

Ok. I am a hypocrite because I am guilty of responding on the Auburn is lousy thread. Auburn has had top 10 to 20 recruiting classes from 2018 to 2021 and now we should expect to beat them, and they are lousy because of how they looked this week.
Like us they were awful last year as well
Our recruiting classes are consistently better
Losing to Auburn isn't shameful if we lose but the expectation is for us to win. I don't even know how you or someone would dispute that. I already said I give us credit for scheduling them

Bama then lost to A&M and didn't win a title--so, yes, for Bama fans that's not good enough, right?
The point is they didn’t give up on their team, they didn’t want to fire their coach and I’m sure they enjoyed the season as it went along.

The point is they didn’t give up on their team, they didn’t want to fire their coach and I’m sure they enjoyed the season as it went along.
How many titles has Saban won?
Franklin has been here for how many years and we've yet to make the playoffs--why are you okay with that?
Yes, they enjoyed beating teams like Ole Miss and Georgia the first time. They also got a playoff win. We can't relate to that.
What was our record last year? How about in 2020?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT