ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue depth chart: Wow! Experienced team...

Yea, I felt kind of honored that he saved one of my posts. A pretty high compliment!! As most of them just fade away into the bit bucket.... :(

Is "Delco" a place? Maybe we should call the local police there and get them to check on him. He said he'd see us here on September 2nd, so I'm starting to worry about him.o_O
Maybe he’s just too depressed still. It’s tough for some of these “fans” to bounce back after a win.

Yea, I felt kind of honored that he saved one of my posts. A pretty high compliment!! As most of them just fade away into the bit bucket.... :(

Is "Delco" a place? Maybe we should call the local police there and get them to check on him. He said he'd see us here on September 2nd, so I'm starting to worry about him.o_O
School started. He's riding the short bus.

Reactions: GregInPitt
He's long gone and will show up under a different name once PSU loses a game. Same for Wallace.
Coach Wally posted his official analysis of the game this morning. Game went like he predicted. PSU didn't win....Purdue lost. OL...square pegs....round holes.....7-5 blah, blah, blah......LOL
Imagine how lucky we are to have a guy right here who knows more football than the entire PSU coaching staff?

Coach Wally posted his official analysis of the game this morning. Game went like he predicted. PSU didn't win....Purdue lost. OL...square pegs....round holes.....7-5 blah, blah, blah......LOL
Imagine how lucky we are to have a guy right here who knows more football than the entire PSU coaching staff?
I have the pleasure of missing that scintillating analysis.

Reactions: marshall23
So who would have known that the best part of Penn State beating Purdue would be that it would rid us of Delcolion915 for the year?!?!

If he returns under a pseudonym, who will spot him first? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: GregInPitt
So who would have known that the best part of Penn State beating Purdue would be that it would rid us of Delcolion915 for the year?!?!

If he returns under a pseudonym, who will spot him first? 😂

LandoCodildo's posts in this thread were also quite illuminating as to who he is - sadly, the troll hasn't crawled back under the bridge he came from.

Reactions: NittanyChris
We do acknowledge Franklin did destroy him, right? Not saying Canton lock but Franklin-Hack was a horrible fit. Hack should have transferred.
Oh the revisionist history. Hack was destroyed by transfers and scholarship limitations. How long did he last with the Jets? Perhaps we can blame them too…

Reactions: PSU_Nut
LandoCodildo's posts in this thread were also quite illuminating as to who he is - sadly, the troll hasn't crawled back under the bridge he came from.
I’ve placed that troll on ignore. Great decision that I’m enjoying very much.

Oh the revisionist history. Hack was destroyed by transfers and scholarship limitations. How long did he last with the Jets? Perhaps we can blame them too…
You think the offense Franklin brought in was well suited for Hack?

Not particularly, no.

The fact that no offense he played for there after seemed to be well suited for him also tells me that perhaps the issue wasn't Franklin.

Hack was who he was.
And a lot of the issues with Hack was lack of development. It's not Franklin's fault. Franklin didn't recruit Hack but let's not pretend Franklin didn't hinder Hack's development. Worst decision Hack ever made was staying. Franklin may have been better off had Hack left too. That's just how things work. I don't understand why admitting Franklin hurt Hack is hard for people to do. It's not even a criticism of him. Just didn't fit.

Reactions: bison13
Maybe you can inform the board which professional team gave you a shot????

Maybe you can inform the board which professional team gave you a shot????
Wait...so you are saying that in order to have an opinion on Hackenberg, one must have experience playing on an NFL roster? Geez, in that case, not one soul on this board is allowed to have an opinion, including you.

And a lot of the issues with Hack was lack of development. It's not Franklin's fault. Franklin didn't recruit Hack but let's not pretend Franklin didn't hinder Hack's development. Worst decision Hack ever made was staying. Franklin may have been better off had Hack left too. That's just how things work. I don't understand why admitting Franklin hurt Hack is hard for people to do. It's not even a criticism of him. Just didn't fit.
I don't understand why some won't admit that if Hack had NFL talent he'd still be playing???
Four NFL opportunities, a minor league and private coaches.....
Hack was an above average college QB who was miscast as a "5" star prospect. It happens.
Nice young man.....a loyal Lion.....a movie star QB right out of central casting.
Check his high school stats....not impressive.
Could it be that one of Christian's issues might have been that he blamed Franklin?
He did so when interviewed at the combines. If ones failings are someone else's fault....perhaps you pass up the opportunity to correct your issues? Christian was in denial, just like some here.
No internal clock, trouble reading blitzes, bad footwork, refused to put the ball down and run when no one was open.....finally he lost confidence in himself.
If he was NFL stock, why didn't Bill O'Brien take him and put him on his practice squad?

Reactions: lazydave841
I don't understand why some won't admit that if Hack had NFL talent he'd still be playing???
Four NFL opportunities, a minor league and private coaches.....
Hack was an above average college QB who was miscast as a "5" star prospect. It happens.
Nice young man.....a loyal Lion.....a movie star QB right out of central casting.
Check his high school stats....not impressive.
Could it be that one of Christian's issues might have been that he blamed Franklin?
He did so when interviewed at the combines. If ones failings are someone else's fault....perhaps you pass up the opportunity to correct your issues? Christian was in denial, just like some here.
No internal clock, trouble reading blitzes, bad footwork, refused to put the ball down and run when no one was open.....finally he lost confidence in himself.
If he was NFL stock, why didn't Bill O'Brien take him and put him on his practice squad?
Because we (unintentionally) destroyed Hack his final two seasons here. That's just reality. I'm sorry that bothers you. If QBs aren't developed properly they can't recover from 2 years of regression especially with the lack of protection he had. It broke him. See David Carr when he got to the Texans.

Many here continually try to claim Purdue is a good win and we should be happy about it
Should Iowa fan be thrilled about beating South Dakota State? They were a top 5 FCS team and are considered a strong contender this year. Their D outscored SDSU's offense. Iowa fans seem highly disappointed--maybe that speaks to our low expectations

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Because we (unintentionally) destroyed Hack his final two seasons here. That's just reality. I'm sorry that bothers you. If QBs aren't developed properly they can't recover from 2 years of regression especially with the lack of protection he had. It broke him. See David Carr when he got to the Texans.
Then maybe he shouldn't have come here. BOB was given a roster gutted of its high end talent (Redd and Fera alone were probably worth 4 wins in his 2 years here) and sanctions hit the scholarships. He then recruited like 3-5 OL over his 2.5 years here or something absurdly low (I've looked it up before, but I see no need today).

QB is hard. Why do you think OSU QBs struggle in the League? They've not been hit as much in their college career as they'll take in one NFL game. Saying Hack was ruined is a cop out. He didn't suffer a career ending injury. He couldn't throw a swing pass to save his life. 51% passer.

Many here continually try to claim Purdue is a good win and we should be happy about it
Should Iowa fan be thrilled about beating South Dakota State? They were a top 5 FCS team and are considered a strong contender this year. Their D outscored SDSU's offense. Iowa fans seem highly disappointed--maybe that speaks to our low expectations

Good lord, you are digging deep trying to say the Purdue win means nothing. You have made your point; many others have made their's. Let's reassess it in 10 weeks.

Reactions: royboy
Really, really dumb comparison. Comparing an FCS school to a conference member that has a legit show at winning one of the divisions in that conference is quite a reach. And to win it the way they did compared to how we won is night and day. I bet if Iowa beat them 44-10 their fans would be thrilled.

Time to set the record straight on Hack:
1. He was a square peg in a round hole with that Donovan offense. He fit better with Obriens offense his freshman year.
2. His mechanics were poor. Footwork, balance, pocket awareness etc
3. He was a very inaccurate passer, particularly on short throws and screens.
4. He lacked decision making skills, even the most basic of them.
5. The Penn State qb he reminded me most of was the Anthony kid form 2006 and 2007. Huge arm, nothing else, literally.
6. James Franklin had, literally, NOTHING to do with his inability to play the position. None of it was his fault.

Really, really dumb comparison. Comparing an FCS school to a conference member that has a legit show at winning one of the divisions in that conference is quite a reach. And to win it the way they did compared to how we won is night and day. I bet if Iowa beat them 44-10 their fans would be thrilled.
Just let him go. Beat an experienced team with a solid QB on the road in game one. Whether he is being intellectually dishonest or not makes no difference. Not worth the time.

We're now pretending the west isn't horrible?
They wouldn't be thrilled. Just like Ohio State fans weren't happy they ONLY beat #5 ND by 11. Other fan bases want to be successful--we clearly don't. See mediocrity.

We're now pretending the west isn't horrible?
They wouldn't be thrilled. Just like Ohio State fans weren't happy they ONLY beat #5 ND by 11. Other fan bases want to be successful--we clearly don't. See mediocrity.
Being happy about a win isn’t not wanting to be successful….good lord.

Being happy about a win isn’t not wanting to be successful….good lord.
35-31 against Purdue in which we were unimpressive shouldn't be "happy". It should be concerned. But you're okay with being 3rd in the Big Ten and going to meaningless bowl games.

35-31 against Purdue in which we were unimpressive shouldn't be "happy". It should be concerned. But you're okay with being 3rd in the Big Ten and going to meaningless bowl games.
No, I’m okay with winning each week. They’re not all going to be perfect and no team is going to blow out every team they play. In 2016 we beat Minny in OT and went on to win the conference. I know it’s hard for so called “fans” like you to be happy about anything, but life’s too short to worry over not winning by enough.

No, I’m okay with winning each week. They’re not all going to be perfect and no team is going to blow out every team they play. In 2016 we beat Minny in OT and went on to win the conference. I know it’s hard for so called “fans” like you to be happy about anything, but life’s too short to worry over not winning by enough.
Why would I be happy about beating Minnesota is OT> Relieved is a better word for it. I'm not the "worried" about it. I'm not not okay with mediocrity like you are. Just like Tomlin should be fired for not winning in the post-season. The goal of sports is to win titles. Nothing else should be "accepted" or "make people happy"

Why would I be happy about beating Minnesota is OT> Relieved is a better word for it. I'm not the "worried" about it. I'm not not okay with mediocrity like you are. Just like Tomlin should be fired for not winning in the post-season. The goal of sports is to win titles. Nothing else should be "accepted" or "make people happy"
So you obviously haven’t been happy for a very long time.

• Haha
So you obviously haven’t been happy for a very long time.
???
The Pens have been a great franchise even with some disappointing losses especially recently
But I can enjoy watching games like Northwestern-Nebraska in Ireland or even Texas-Bama right now. I enjoy college football and I'm a Penn State fan. It's just a shame Penn State isn't relevant.

???
The Pens have been a great franchise even with some disappointing losses especially recently
But I can enjoy watching games like Northwestern-Nebraska in Ireland or even Texas-Bama right now. I enjoy college football and I'm a Penn State fan. It's just a shame Penn State isn't relevant.
Sounds like you might want to follow Bama or Georgia.

Sounds like you might want to follow Bama or Georgia.
Why? THe only time I'd be happy then is if I was a Georgia fan and they beat Bama.
You're not comprehending that I'm not happy about beating teams we should beat. Like the Ohio game today is basically a scrimmage. It doesn't show us anything about how good or bad we are. It's why I'm looking forward to the NCAA ceasing to exist soon.

Why? THe only time I'd be happy then is if I was a Georgia fan and they beat Bama.
You're not comprehending that I'm not happy about beating teams we should beat. Like the Ohio game today is basically a scrimmage. It doesn't show us anything about how good or bad we are. It's why I'm looking forward to the NCAA ceasing to exist soon.
Sounds like you should focus on the NFL then. If you can’t enjoy games just for the game itself, you might want to look for different interests.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT