141: Woods DEC Bartlett 3-6
149: Rathjen DEC Kasak 3-9
157: Franek DEC Haines 3-12
165: Mesenbrink DEC Caliendo 6-12
174: Starocci MD Kennedy 10-12
184: Truax DEC Riggins 13-12
197: Brooks MD Glazier 17-12
HVY: Kerk TF Hill 22-12

Predicting Iowa to rebound from Michigan and have a much better showing.

125: Ayala DEC Davis 0-3
133: Nagao DEC Schriver 3-3

If it’s 3-12 after 157, this board will be in total meltdown. Better get a case of white claw for this one.

If it’s 3-12 after 157, this board will be in total meltdown. Better get a case of white claw for this one.
As much as I want to see PSU win every match, think the two freshman get carvered and Woods/Franek pull out close ones.

As much as I want to see PSU win every match, think the two freshman get carvered and Woods/Franek pull out close ones.
Theory Is It Though GIF by PragerU

The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

I’m going out on a limb and predicting Caliendo over Mesenbrink. When I’m wrong, I will be back to take my medicine. But if I’m right….

• Haha
Reactions: Rocky_Smith
IMO, there is more pressure on the Hawks to perform in front of their home crowd than on us as the visitors.

Especially so for Ayala and Woods. They know they have to win; Davis and Beau don't.

Reactions: District four
I’m going out on a limb and predicting Caliendo over Mesenbrink. When I’m wrong, I will be back to take my medicine. But if I’m right….

What do you think the path to victory for Caliendo is??
My thought is he'd have to have a game plan and execute it.. If he goes out and mixes it up I'm not sure the outcome is what he'd hope for.
I think Psycho lets it fly to see what happens..

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
My thought is he'd have to have a game plan and execute it.. If he goes out and mixes it up I'm not sure the outcome is what he'd hope for.
I think Psycho lets it fly to see what happens..
Score more points.

Thanks Cael..
But seriously, Caliendo is very athletic and I think he can counter Mesenbrinks aggressiveness. Getting the first takedown would be huge and then putting on a strong ride. If it turns in to a takedown contest, then it could get ugly for Caliendo.

Reactions: Cstroke
But seriously, Caliendo is very athletic and I think he can counter Mesenbrinks aggressiveness. Getting the first takedown would be huge and then putting on a strong ride. If it turns in to a takedown contest, then it could get ugly for Caliendo.
Most don't think it possible but I'll say it. Caliendo runs out of gas in the third he won't be able to take that pace. His only chance is to slow it down and I'm not sure that's in messinbrinks universe

Reactions: diggerpup and Ski

I'm not going to pick it, but Caliendo is really good, too, and he'll almost certainly be on the podium in the toughest and deepest weight class when all is said and done. An upset tonight wouldn't be too shocking. Iowa really has a chance for an upset at all of the first 6 weights. I think they'll most likely win 2 of them, 3 tops. What would be shocking is not any individual win, but upsets at more than 2 or 3 of them.

Not swayed by most transitive results, I don’t find it farfetched. Not given MC’s speed, attack rate, and seeming size and power advantage. He’s ranked higher, too, so he’s favored. I mean, where's the limb? MM certainly ain’t steamrolling Cal like he did Amine.
But if you’re right, go easy on any smackdown. Lions have a knack for reversing dual losses come March.

Reactions: jmadden1998
Not swayed by most transitive results, I don’t find it farfetched. Not given MC’s speed, attack rate, and seeming size and power advantage. He’s ranked higher, too, so he’s favored. I mean, where's the limb? MM certainly ain’t steamrolling Cal like he did Amine.
But if you’re right, go easy on any smackdown. Lions have a knack for reversing dual losses come March.
I have to get my smack down in when I can because it’s few and far between.

Here's the thing: I've never once commented on the GIA board. I visit over there from time to time and appreciate the knowledge that many of them have for the sport. When I go there, I expect to see jabs and barbs directed at PSU. But, out of respect for the Iowa fans, I keep my comments to myself. ,

On a PSU wrestling forum, I made a tongue and cheek comment to a fellow PSU wrestling fan that anyone with any amount of brains knew was strictly satirical......but then along comes WT who gets all umbrageous and decides that it's now his personal quest to defend his university's honor on a rival's forum. And he wonders why I call him "littleman".
Holy Crap, Pittee. "umbrageous".
What do you do for a living?

I really don't think he has a chance, but for those that do, his only chance is to be on his game, telling hilarious jokes in the ties, and to see if he can muster up a very good impression of Nolf.

All I can say is that Caliendo better not fade in the 3rd. Those huge muscles of his require a lot of oxygen. I say it’s close through 2 but MM does MM things and wins by 6 or so

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT