ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Ohio State Game Thread ...

Bosa beats the oline and the fullback to deck our running back. I blame Hack.

Somehow, osu virtually always plays us with turnover free football Always kill us in special teams too

With Hackenberg going back out, i'm becoming more and more convinced that Franklin had to promise Hack that he would play every down in order to keep him from transferring back in January '14. Not sure how else to explain it.

mCsOLRYE PLAYED LAST WEEK SOO

I'm sorry Hack apologists
But he is simply not a good QB
He freezes when he sees pressure
Time to work the second guy in

Reactions: psu00
I said this early in the week. Meyer would find the weak link and expose it. That's what Bosa does. Just line up across from that weak link and go after it. But what surprises me (or should I be surprised) is that we have continued to play right into our own weakness. Another game where we came in totally unprepared.

Look, I'm not hyperventilating, but Hack did not play well, both 4th downs were makeable, Barkley was wide open on the 2nd one. The play calling is bad and uninspired but Hack hasn't shown much, he's a Junior, it is what it is. Miss a 4th down checkdown. Please.

Can you imagine Barkley if we ran stretch plays or pitch him outside?
We don't cause our QB can't move enough to execute those plays
We are so handcuffed by our QB and playcaller

Reactions: jim cummings
I do not care if we had Tom Brady under center. With this off line he would look bad.
Yeah wrong, the O-Line played well considering the competition. Mahon's sack was the worst of it and I don't remember Paris having a truly bad play. It was all there, the running game, decent O-line protection, on critical down and distance the decision making wasn't good and that my friends is all there is to it.

Sadly Ohio state probably goes on to national championship
And if hack sees Barkley or could move its 24-17 as bad as we played we are in it in the 4th
We are not that far from being good but the Donovan-hack era has to end
Put DClark in this offense an what's score

I do not care if we had Tom Brady under center. With this off line he would look bad.
Yeah wrong, the O-Line played well considering the competition. Mahon's sack was the worst of it and I don't remember Paris having a truly bad play. It was all there, the running game, decent O-line protection, on critical down and distance the decision making wasn't good and that my friends is all there is to it.

Eventually we will see a post complaining that the other teams defense is hitting our poor boys too darn hard.
Sorry all...just frustrated. Can't help thinking how we wouldn't be where we are if our "leaders" would have stood up for our university 3+ years ago.

Everyone was saying Palmer doesn't have it, that Palmer was the weak link on the O-Line, that Franklin should bench Palmer and move Nelson to LT.

Well guess what? Palmer did one hell of a job tonight. Nelson and Gaia got Hack nearly killed. Nelson got pushed back into Hack at least 5 times that I counted. Hack had very little to no pocket all game. Unreal.

And yes if any of you watched The Steelers prior to 2 years ago you would know what not having a good OLine can do to a quarterback, even a mobile one. The OLine is CRITICAL to an offense's success, no matter how well your QB can run, how elusive your RB is, or how fast your WR are. Oh and you can't blame the QB when he is hitting guys in the hands and they drop the ball like a little girl afraid to get hit.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT