ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Iowa Dual Thread

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
I'm setting this up in advance. Please use this thread for pre-dual discussion, for discussion of each match, for PBP, etc. If responding to another post, please use the Quote function. I should be able to provide PBP. In addition, I believe Tim will be in press row for the dual, and hope that he'll post his observations and insights from the dual.

Dual Time: 8 pm EST

TV:
the dual will be shown on BTN. If you subscribe to BTN via your cable or DISH package, you should be able to watch the dual on your TV

Video Streaming:
IF you are a BTN subscriber, but not near a TV, you can watch the dual on your computer or on your SmartPhone, via BTN2GO, at:

https://www.btn2go.com/game/iowa-at-penn-st-on-02102018

Audio Streaming:
Byers PSU wrestling radio network PBP will be streamed on computer, with the pre-match show starting at 7:40 pm EST, at:

http://www.gopsusports.com/collegesportslive/?media=565459

If you don't have access to a TV, don't subscribe to BTN, and for whatever reason can't access or listen to Byers's PBP, you can follow the dual scoring on TrackWrestling, at:

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/se...09&pageName=DualMatches.jsp&dualId=6137338009

We Are ...

- building toward the postseason
- interested to see how Kuhn looks against Spencer Lee
- have no idea who will wrestle 197 for PSU, but expect that whoever takes the mat will do a nice job
- have a lot of respect for Brandon Sorensen, and am curious to see how he does in his 5th match with ZPain
- still on a buzz from the Ohio State dual, and the Philadelphia Eagles' Super Bowl win

... Penn State!

Retherford vs Sorensen #5. Two decisions, a major, and a fall. I'm thinking a comfortable decision, though I've been wrong before, especially re. the fall. :) Sorensen seems like a really nice kid...

Reactions: 12bflying
[QUOTE="
- still on a buzz from the Ohio State dual, and the Philadelphia Eagles' Super Bowl win

... Penn State![/QUOTE]

Me too.....just started getting my voice back around Wednesday. Now I'm ready to whoop it up again! Let's go! :)

Retherford vs Sorensen #5. Two decisions, a major, and a fall. I'm thinking a comfortable decision, though I've been wrong before, especially re. the fall. :) Sorensen seems like a really nice kid...

Bold prediction, not sure I see Sorensen getting the fall over Zain but you are the expert.

how goes 197? guessing Raptor

57 guessing shocker. Don't know the shocker but shocker.

I am guessing Rasheed, Cael has been switching up. If it is Caesar then I say the decision has been made for the tournaments.

Last edited:
Last week I had total hip replacement on Friday and watched the Ohio State match from hospital bed on a blurry 19 inch antique tv, in some discomfort.
I'm home tonight and I'm going to be watching the match from my living room on an old 32 inch console (wife likes it for decour). I wish I trusted myself to go down in Rec room to watch on my 55 inch flat screen. Too many steps.
The 2 matches that will be telling for us if Nolf doesn't come back solid are:
1.How well Joseph performs against a kid that will be aggressive.
2.How Nevills does against a quality opponent.
Let's get through the match healthy.

I just hope the ref keeps it fair. I think he should make Cael hand Tom a $1million check before the match to help even things out. And I hope he stops the 149 match every so often to see that Brandon’s okay. And I hope he doesn’t let Shak do that arm across the face make the guy ball up thing because it makes the bout end early which is bad for wrestling. And I hope he has a talk with Bo about thinking about the other guys self-confidence, because he sure didn’t seem to care against the Iowa guys last year.

But seriously, there could be a handful of seriously contested bouts. Hope everybody gets out of tonight as healthy as they went in, including you guys lucky enough to live within driving distance.

Last week I had total hip replacement on Friday and watched the Ohio State match from hospital bed on a blurry 19 inch antique tv, in some discomfort.
I'm home tonight and I'm going to be watching the match from my living room on an old 32 inch console (wife likes it for decour). I wish I trusted myself to go down in Rec room to watch on my 55 inch flat screen. Too many steps.
The 2 matches that will be telling for us if Nolf doesn't come back solid are:
1.How well Joseph performs against a kid that will be aggressive.
2.How Nevills does against a quality opponent.
Let's get through the match healthy.

I had my left hip replaced in November. Good luck on your recovery and hope it goes well.

I'm in Las Vegas for the Flyers game tomorrow. I asked the sports book here for a market on this dual but they told me no because they can't get accurate injury info (thanks Cael). I can't watch live because we have dinner then a show.

Should I try to avoid the result until Tuesday? Is listening to Byers on delay tomorrow morning an option? Will the matches be on Flo by then? Or should I just try to follow as soon as I can?

I'm in Las Vegas for the Flyers game tomorrow. I asked the sports book here for a market on this dual but they told me no because they can't get accurate injury info (thanks Cael). I can't watch live because we have dinner then a show.

Should I try to avoid the result until Tuesday? Is listening to Byers on delay tomorrow morning an option? Will the matches be on Flo by then? Or should I just try to follow as soon as I can?
I believe they will be on flo if you're a flopro subscriber, also if you get btn through your cable provider or subscribe to btn plus, you can always watch the replay on btn2go.

Last edited:
Reactions: psumacw
[QUOTE="psu

I can't watch live because we have dinner then a show.

[/QUOTE]

Enjoy dinner and the show. The rest of us will be watching The Show :)

Reactions: psumacw
I've definitely seen a change in how guys are wrestling Zain. He wins, but I think many of his wins will be ugly, and full of stalling and head slaps. That really cuts down on the wrestling time. Question is, does his opponent take down?

I had my left hip replaced in November. Good luck on your recovery and hope it goes well.
I know you boxed. I boxed as a teenager but continued hitting the bags religiously into my 40s. I'm a southpaw (so a lot of right hooks). Been having some right hip issues. A lot of torque on the hip from right hooks. I don't hit the bags anymore because it aggravates the hip. Do you think your issues were boxing related? I'm almost certain mine are.

trsusho3tb3l9uryzvhj

I'm settled in up here. You got PBP then Tom? I can keep everyone updated on the Brands' two-step and when the fans call for stalling, you kno, things like that

I know you boxed. I boxed as a teenager but continued hitting the bags religiously into my 40s. I'm a southpaw (so a lot of right hooks). Been having some right hip issues. A lot of torque on the hip from right hooks. I don't hit the bags anymore because it aggravates the hip. Do you think your issues were boxing related? I'm almost certain mine are.

Yeah I boxed a long time and even after I gave it up competitively I still worked out. Had my own little gym and trained kids on the side and still ran and sparred with them. I did a lot of running all my years on my backroads which I am sure did not help my hips either. Supposed to get right hip replaced in a year or so. Honestly I think it’s probably a mix of everything with the running and boxing. It really stinks cause I can no longer hit a bag really like I would want to. Even shadow boxing hurts.

I had 5 injections in my left hip before just getting it replaced. Just got my first one for my right hip. If I had any advice I guess I wish I would have stretched my hips and did the exercises to help them. Strengthen the leg muscles and glutes and some other stuff to help the hip. I would def look into ways to get your hip better before it gets much worse. My first injection took pain away for almost a year. Though I know that is just a temporary fix. Good luck man and I think that’s cool you boxed and still hit the bag.

The "norm," unfortunately -- the audio stream has not started at the published time.

Edit: it started 6 minutes late

Guessing we may be held up by basketball game on BTN again. 3 minutes left

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT