ADVERTISEMENT

PSU #7 in Coaches poll and #8 in AP poll

Because the committee respects LSU
Because LSU is a brand
Because we've seen that in the past. They would have kept LSU at 5/6
Just like they hope K-State beat TCU so they can put in Ohio State.
It works by paying attention

What does paying attention have to do with Purdue and Illinois? Neither are brands. Literally, the only agenda that would make sense is to rank Purdue at least 25 to perhaps try to drum up some interest in an expected lopsided ccg. Maybe they don't care enough to.

Why does KState need to beat TCU? It's their opinion. They have guidelines. They don't have restrictions. If they think OSU is better than TCU, be it respect, brand, historical context, why don't they just leave the ratings alone?

Swap em. Set up a potential rematch in the cfp final (17 million watched Saturday, highest regular season ratings ever) with UGA vs OSU and Michigan vs TCU with a TCU loss propelling USC or Bama (if the Trojans lose).

What does paying attention have to do with Purdue and Illinois? Neither are brands. Literally, the only agenda that would make sense is to rank Purdue at least 25 to perhaps try to drum up some interest in an expected lopsided ccg. Maybe they don't care enough to.

Why does KState need to beat TCU? It's their opinion. They have guidelines. They don't have restrictions. If they think OSU is better than TCU, be it respect, brand, historical context, why don't they just leave the ratings alone?

Swap em. Set up a potential rematch in the cfp final (17 million watched Saturday, highest regular season ratings ever) with UGA vs OSU and Michigan vs TCU with a TCU loss propelling USC or Bama (if the Trojans lose).
I broke down exactly why Purdue would be ranked higher if than Illinois if those teams were actually ranked. I don't understand why people keep pretending it's illogical to believe that. I'm far from the only person.

Ranking Purdue to pretend Michigan-Purdue has any meaning could happen but likely won't because Purdue doesn't have the resume to be ranked. They literally have nothing impressive on the resume. They pointing to a close loss to a bad Syracuse team and a close loss to a top 10 Penn State as their best points?

They won't put an undefeated P5 champ behind a 1-loss team unless both made the playoffs. You and I both know that. Even though there's no question they (and most) believe Ohio State >TCU it won't happen.

I mean, aren't we going to get those matchups?

No idea. Games left. Rankings to come out this week to set narratives.

Also, why post CBS ranks and not AP and Coaches?

Both have Purdue higher. That wouldn't be it, would it?
AP and Coaches don't rank teams after 25...it's just the number of votes they got for those spots. It's not a ranking beyond that.

AP and Coaches don't rank teams after 25...it's just the number of votes they got for those spots. It's not a ranking beyond that.

Sure it is. Just because they brand it as top 25 doesn't change the fact that you can see who got votes. The people who voted voiced their opinion. Exactly just as valid.

B for effort. F for results.

Reactions: doctornick
Sure it is. Just because they brand it as top 25 doesn't change the fact that you can see who got votes. The people who voted voiced their opinion. Exactly just as valid.

B for effort. F for results.
Do people vote for 28 and 29? If not then it's not valid because it alters how the voters that didn't include them see it. Basically you're only looking at outliers. Statistics doesn't agree with you.

Do people vote for 28 and 29? If not then it's not valid because it alters how the voters that didn't include them see it. Basically you're only looking at outliers. Statistics doesn't agree with you.

No, they vote for the top 25. Which means that for teams that are "receiving votes" means there are voters who feel they are among the top 25 teams in the country. And apparently those voters overall consider Purdue to be better than Illinois given the vote totals (by quite a bit in both polls in fact).

No, they vote for the top 25. Which means that for teams that are "receiving votes" means there are voters who feel they are among the top 25 teams in the country. And apparently those voters overall consider Purdue to be better than Illinois given the vote totals (by quite a bit in both polls in fact).
Outliers

That's better than pretending the pools rank teams past 25

Projections coming in for cfp have Purdue at 25 as well. That will really dampen your mood when you have to call Purdue a good win. Or will you change your mind and maneuver around until you justify it? You flip between your opinion and the committee and CBS until you get your agenda across.

The only thing consistent about you is your insistence on being the 2nd smartest guy on the board (Wally claimed #1).

Reactions: Online Persona
Projections coming in for cfp have Purdue at 25 as well. That will really dampen your mood when you have to call Purdue a good win. Or will you change your mind and maneuver around until you justify it? You flip between your opinion and the committee and CBS until you get your agenda across.

The only thing consistent about you is your insistence on being the 2nd smartest guy on the board (Wally claimed #1).
No it won't. Couldnt care less. If they lose they won't be and if they win they are. Plus you akready establish led it's just to hype the game.

Other people are certainly smarter than be. It's just does their bias hinder that. Like truly thinking beating Purdue, Ohio and Minnesota without Morgan is impressive

No it won't. Couldnt care less. If they lose they won't be and if they win they are. Plus you akready establish led it's just to hype the game.

Other people are certainly smarter than be. It's just does their bias hinder that. Like truly thinking beating Purdue, Ohio and Minnesota without Morgan is impressive

It's kind of ridiculous to say Purdue being a good win is dependent upon them beating Michigan. Either it is today or it isn't.

Penn State would not shoot up the rankings if Purdue won. Just like teams who beat A&M didn't after they beat LSU. Upsets occur.

It's kind of ridiculous to say Purdue being a good win is dependent upon them beating Michigan. Either it is today or it isn't.

Penn State would not shoot up the rankings if Purdue won. Just like teams who beat A&M didn't after they beat LSU. Upsets occur.
It isn't though--you yourself have said repeatedly they may just be ranked so it's a matchup of ranked teams. It has no meaning
Just like Ole Miss is no longer a quality win for Bama
Michigan still killed us so despite us beating Purdue it wouldn't impact us if Purdue won

It isn't though--you yourself have said repeatedly they may just be ranked so it's a matchup of ranked teams. It has no meaning
Just like Ole Miss is no longer a quality win for Bama
Michigan still killed us so despite us beating Purdue it wouldn't impact us if Purdue won

Ole Miss was never a quality win. Backloaded schedule and SEC bias attempted to make them sound better than they actually are.

I also have never said the ranking is meaningful whereas you have used them to classify the quality of wins.

Reactions: Online Persona
Ole Miss was never a quality win. Backloaded schedule and SEC bias attempted to make them sound better than they actually are.

I also have never said the ranking is meaningful whereas you have used them to classify the quality of wins.
I agree--I don't think Ole Miss is very good but the committee had them as a quality win--just like you and I both knew Miss State would now be ranked

You don't have to use the same criteria as me but I really find it hard to believe that you think Purdue is a "big win"

Try the ignore button. I did and it is pretty nice.

Reactions: lazydave841
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT