ADVERTISEMENT

Predicting every college football game this fall

bdgan

May 29, 2008
http://collegespun.com/acc/syracuse...me-of-every-college-football-game-this-season

Let's hope this guy is wrong.

PSU 45, Kent 20 (1-0)
Pitt 20, PSU 17 (1-1)
PSU 23, Tem 20 (2-1)
Mich 31, PSU 14 (2-2)
PSU 28, Minn 27 (3-2)
PSU 20, MD 14 (4-2)
OSU 55, PSU 20 (4-3)
PSU 25, PUR 7 (5-3)
PSU 41, Iowa 20 (6-3)
Indy 49, PSU 15 (6-4)
PSU 41, Rut 0 (7-4)
MSU 28, PSU 25 (7-5)

My thoughts:
  • PSU is in trouble if they give up 20 pts to Kent State
  • PSU is in trouble if we can only beat Temple at home by 3
  • Can PSU really score 41 on Iowa?
  • Can our defense really give up 49 to Indy?
  • Something's wrong because it looks like we have 7 wins, but the standings show only 6 wins (0-2 in conference after beating Minny 28-27)?

Did he get the Indiana and Iowa games mixed up?
Aside from what looks like a "flip-flop" of the Indy and Iowa scores.....that is probably one of the most realistic looks at the 2016 PSU schedule - - - - with the obvious caveats that in college football there is a whole lot of shit that can happen between now and September (and November).

..written from his mother's basement. Most of these teams haven't named a starting QB or a depth chart. I guess they have to write something....

Reactions: Rollin Stone
.....that is probably one of the most realistic looks at the 2016 PSU schedule - - -

I hope you're wrong. PSU has higher rated players than all of our opponents except OSU, UM, and MSU. Pitt might have a slight advantage because of the matchup (senior OL vs. our young inexperienced DTs). I'm not sure about Iowa.

Anything less than 8 wins would be a huge disappointment IMO.

He has a weird way of getting there, but 7-5 would be my preseason prediction as well. Maybe 8-4.

http://collegespun.com/acc/syracuse...me-of-every-college-football-game-this-season

Let's hope this guy is wrong.

PSU 45, Kent 20 (1-0)
Pitt 20, PSU 17 (1-1)
PSU 23, Tem 20 (2-1)
Mich 31, PSU 14 (2-2)
PSU 28, Minn 27 (3-2)
PSU 20, MD 14 (4-2)
OSU 55, PSU 20 (4-3)
PSU 25, PUR 7 (5-3)
PSU 41, Iowa 20 (6-3)
Indy 49, PSU 15 (6-4)
PSU 41, Rut 0 (7-4)
MSU 28, PSU 25 (7-5)

My thoughts:
  • PSU is in trouble if they give up 20 pts to Kent State
  • PSU is in trouble if we can only beat Temple at home by 3
  • Can PSU really score 41 on Iowa?
  • Can our defense really give up 49 to Indy?
  • Something's wrong because it looks like we have 7 wins, but the standings show only 6 wins (0-2 in conference after beating Minny 28-27)?

College Spun? Is this even legit?

Yes. I'll go for that.
Personally, I would be extremely surprised if OSU beats PSU 55-20 in Happy Valley. First of all, it's in Happy Valley, which is always a tough venue. Second, we are coming in after playing on the road at Wisconsin the week before, while PSU has the previous week off. Third, with all of the players we are replacing, I just don't see us playing at a level of putting up 55 points at that point in the season. I think this will be more like a 14-17 pt. spread, not 35.

Reactions: Marshall30
Personally, I would be extremely surprised if OSU beats PSU 55-20 in Happy Valley. First of all, it's in Happy Valley, which is always a tough venue. Second, we are coming in after playing on the road at Wisconsin the week before, while PSU has the previous week off. Third, with all of the players we are replacing, I just don't see us playing at a level of putting up 55 points at that point in the season. I think this will be more like a 14-17 pt. spread, not 35.

So we'll only beat you by 14-17? :)

I'm "bullish" on this team and they exceed expectations this year...

Kent st (W 44-13)
pitt (W 37-17) cant handle the up tempo with the talent at the skilled positions
Temple (W 35-14)
Michigan (L 27-24)
Minny (W 40-16)
MD (W 48-10)
OSU (L 30-27 OT)
Pur (W 51-20)
Iowa (W 27-16)
IU (W 38-20)
Rut (W 44-20)
MSU (W 27-20)

10-2 Capital One Bowl

The reality is that we have no idea how this team is going to do until we see the offensive line perform. If, as I suspect, the line takes a big step forward this can be a very good team. I know we have a new quarterback but I am confident that whoever it is will be just fine. Our skill positions match up favorably with anybody on the schedule. The defense may not be dominant, but I think they will develop into a slightly above average unit as the season progresses.While I think a lot of the criticism that has been directed at Coach Franklin has been unfair, he does have a lot to prove. There were legitimate excuses his first two years. That stuff goes away this year. I am not saying we are all the way back, but if he is a good coach there should be significant improvement. I think we will win at least 8 games this year. The only game on the schedule I don't give us a shot a winning is Michigan. Clearly we are underdogs in other games but Ohio State and Michigan State are at home and I think we will split those two games. If we can beat Pitt ,which I view as a pick em,I think a 9 or 10 win season is very possible. That is very optimistic, but I really believe the offensive line is going to be much better and if that is the case this team is going to score a lot of points and win a lot of games. If I am wrong then it is going to be another 6 or 7 win season and Franklin is going to be in real trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT