ADVERTISEMENT

Poor initial defensive gameplan cost us the game

fkkkjm

Jun 2, 2007
its clear to me that Pry did not have defense ready for the Pitt running attack. We got blitzed by inside/outside/inside/outside and were down 28-7 after the first 20 or so minutes. Once we saw what they were doing and adjusted, we slowed them considerably, and won 3
Of 4 quarters.

My point is--we had the personnel to win this game, with or without injury. Pry and Franklin's initial defensive game plan cost us the game. Should have run a 4-4-3 type with Bowen and Brown on the outside and WW and Bell up the middle.

Also, I know one game does not define someone, but I think Moorhead knows his s***.

Or even slide Allen or Golden into the box if you argue the Cam brown redshirt burn

I don't think we have enough LB's to play a 4 - 4 - 3. I know some don't have enough experience. The tackling was awful for the second week. I'm sure it was a combination of personnel and scheme / preparation, otherwise, we would not have improved in the second half.
Huard kept saying we had to bring safeties into the box.

its clear to me that Pry did not have defense ready for the Pitt running attack. We got blitzed by inside/outside/inside/outside and were down 28-7 after the first 20 or so minutes. Once we saw what they were doing and adjusted, we slowed them considerably, and won 3
Of 4 quarters.

My point is--we had the personnel to win this game, with or without injury. Pry and Franklin's initial defensive game plan cost us the game. Should have run a 4-4-3 type with Bowen and Brown on the outside and WW and Bell up the middle.

Also, I know one game does not define someone, but I think Moorhead knows his s***.
LINK: PSU expected Pitt to run different style of offense

Of 4 quarters.

Spot on!

Or even slide Allen or Golden into the box if you argue the Cam brown redshirt burn

This is what burns me about IDIOTS like this dolt
It's one thing to have differing opinions - and from time to time one sees that
But on weekends like this one the overwhelming volume is NOT differences of opinion - it is pure ignorant idiocy like this clown's ramblings

Well, PSU DID play some 4-4
When they did they had to use a S as the fourth - rather than a true LBer - since they were simply out of LBers

And when they did play the 4-4 look, they gave up a couple of the biggest gainers that Pitt had all day.

So you have a guy who is obviously completely brain-dead-as-a-bag-of-hair who is:

- completely ignorant of what actually went on
- criticizing the staff for not using a scheme - - - which they did use
- and claiming that his "brilliant, overlooked scheme" would have solved PSU's problems (despite the fact that when it was used it only compounded the problem)

That IS NOT a differing opinion issue

That's a special kind of genius right there

And we've been flooded with them by the score - coming out of the woodwork, the sewer pipes, and falling from the heavens - for the last 24 hours

Good Grief

Of 4 quarters.

two fumbles deep in our end plus a KO return to the 9 set up 3 short Pitt scores. That was the game.

Reactions: 1 and mn78psu83
But on weekends like this one the overwhelming volume is NOT differences of opinion - it is pure ignorant idiocy like this clown's ramblings

When they did they had to use a S as the fourth - rather than a true LBer - since they were simply out of LBers

And when they did play the 4-4 look, they gave up a couple of the biggest gainers that Pitt had all day.

So you have a guy who is obviously completely brain-dead-as-a-bag-of-hair who is:

- and claiming that his "brilliant, overlooked scheme" would have solved PSU's problems (despite the fact that when it was used it only compounded the problem)

And we've been flooded with them by the score - coming out of the woodwork, the sewer pipes, and falling from the heavens - for the last 24 hours

Good Grief

So only your opinion carries any weight? I will say that whatever Defense we played was pathetically uninspired and an unacceptable showing. If this is the best we got, buckle your chin strap.

Since you are all-knowing, what would you suggest Penn State do to start to turn this program around? Or is "all well?"

Good Grief

Wow, way out of line. He didn't attack anyone, just gave an opinion. Man, it's clear you're simply a bully and a class A jerk.

Reactions: BBrown
Of 4 quarters.

Agree. Just bringing the safeties into the box and the CB's in man would have helped.
Not sure why the "adjustments" took so long.

So only your opinion carries any weight? I will say that whatever Defense we played was pathetically uninspired and an unacceptable showing. If this is the best we got, buckle your chin strap.

Since you are all-knowing, what would you suggest Penn State do to start to turn this program around? Or is "all well?"
When you state something as fact, and it is provably and clearly absolutely not correct - it AIN'T an "opinion".......its "wrong"

When you say "vanilla is the best flavor of ice cream"......that's an opinion

When you say "the sun rises in the west".....that is NOT an opinion, that is "wrong"

You are not the only knucklehead who says shit that is simply "wrong"......and then gets all uppity when someone calls you out - and then acts all offended because your "opinion" is not being respected

Here's a clue for ya' Junior: "wrong" ain't worthy of any respect

Maybe you still don't understand that
Maybe you are not capable of understanding that
Maybe you refuse to understand that

I can't help you with that
I'm not a numbskull whisperer

That's a "You" problem

Wow, way out of line. He didn't attack anyone, just gave an opinion. Man, it's clear you're simply a bully and a class A jerk.
Are you another guy who doesn't understand the difference between an "opinion" and "being wrong"?

Really?

Are you another guy who doesn't understand the difference between an "opinion" and "being wrong"?

Really?

I know 2+2=5 is being wrong. I also know that "you are a jerk" is an opinion...one that is shared by many on here I believe. So yes, I think I understand the difference. Thanks for asking.

two fumbles deep in our end plus a KO return to the 9 set up 3 short Pitt scores. That was the game.

Exactly correct. And, those quick turnovers didn't allow of defense much time on the sideline to a) rest on a hot day and 2) to view photos and make adjustments.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT