ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt fans say the darndest things

pitt is the #1 public university in the northeast per the Wall Street Journal?

I am in Newark airport this morning -- Yes, I suck. -- and to their credit, but also out of need I suppose, pitt advertises here like crazy. One of their ads makes the above claim, citing the Wall Street Journal. I am not familiar with this ranking. Was it straight-up academics, value, smallest home football crowds?

#1 University in Northeast Pittsburgh. No wait, that would be Carnegie Melon.

People actually love Narduzzi????

http://triblive.com/sports/college/...r-lyke-discusses-her-vision-recent-challenges

Pitt hopes to target specific groups of fans, enhance the tailgating experience and honor the two-time Stanley Cup champion Penguins. A James Conner bobblehead giveaway is also planned.

She said fans must step up, too.

“That goes back to the question about Coach Narduzzi and keeping him,” she said. “Every person who loves him and the vision and direction of our program, then come to the game.”

They don't love their school enough to support their football program. That's why they don't even have their own football stadium and are at the mercy of the Rooneys and the Steelers. They have more than enough alumni to fill Heinz Field but oh no their stadium is too big. That's laughable and such a loser's excuse.

I always enjoy the drunk incoherent ramblings of Crapstain O Reilly:

"PITT-PostScript-After all you exhibit more than anyone Penn State Shame as a Penn State Fan and they are ashamed of how you post on BWI with same traits you blame other Penn Staters, You Are Penn State Cult Dolt Culture of Lack of Values and Shame Penn State's Name just what you attempt to Post on everyday!"

Looks better in crayon

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
Courtesy of President Stache - Pantherlair]

That being said, I am pretty tired of hearing about the penn state game last year, here is the depth chart from their website last year...

http://victorybellrings.com/2016/09/05/analyzing-penn-state-depth-chart-pitt-game/

They were hardly young
[/QUOTE]

Quite a bit of revisionist history here to make themselves feel better. Easy to look at that depth chart game week a year later and forget (or more than likely in his case, ignore):

Lets start with he DL -
Schwann played 6 snaps vs. Pitt. His backup (Torrance Brown) was a sophomore with 1 career starts vs. Kent...and 1/3 of the snaps here went to RS Freshman Shareef Miller.

Givens started at on DT was hurt by a teammate on Pitt's 2nd drive. He was a RS Freshman and his backup (Curtis Cothran) was not dressed, which means we were basically down to 3rd string at one DL position...and that fell on Antoine White, a sophomore with 0 career starts.

Parker Cothran (1 careers start vs, Kent) started at the other DT but was spelled on 40% of the snaps with Windsor (RS Freshman).

The only seasoned piece on the DL to start and play the whole game was Sickels...and he was relieved on 1/3 of the snaps by RS Freshman Buchholz.

This is not even getting into the LB issues, which were as bad, and completely ignore that Haley did not suite up in the secondary too. Cabinda did not play, forcing Wartman White and Bowen to play out of their natural roles. Compounding issues here, Bell was injured in 2nd quarter and basically played the rest of the game on 1 leg. He would miss the next 6 weeks.

Add this all up and it's not exactly surprising that Pitt gouged PSU on the ground in the 1st half of that game. However, should point out that over the final 42 minutes of play, PSU outscored Pitt 31-14...and after toying with PSU's D up and down the field through the 12 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, Pitt managed 1 scoring drive longer than 10 yards over the final 42 minutes, and twice in the 4th quarter was held to three and out when trying to run out the clock....and oh yeah, despite being down 21 pts, turning the ball over 3 times and playing with the D in its described state, PSU still had the ball in Pitt territory to win the game in the final minute.

Pitt deserved to win the game but the one thing I always disliked about that matchup was where it fell on the schedule given the inexperience of the PSU DL and Pitt's strength on the OL and running game. This year, the shoe is on the other foot so we'll see how that turns out.

Last edited:
Courtesy of President Stache - Pantherlair

]I totally agree about our lineman not being there, but I do think Oneil is better than Johnson and Biz, or I should say will be better.

That being said, I am pretty tired of hearing about the penn state game last year, here is the depth chart from their website last year...

http://victorybellrings.com/2016/09/05/analyzing-penn-state-depth-chart-pitt-game/

They were hardly young. Just because we beat them all to hell and knocked out guys doesnt mean we didnt dominate.

I think you should give the edge to UPS for no other reason than they are playing at home. Looking at the rosters, I dont think they are a better team than Pitt. More stars?? Sure, but they had far more stars last year too.

SERIOUSLY if UPS played our schedule last year, at best they would have had our record. I think its a pick'em game and since UPS is home give them the edge.
[/QUOTE]

Apparently the 13th youngest team in CFB doesn't qualify as "young"

Quite a bit of revisionist history here to make themselves feel better. Easy to look at that depth chart game week a year later and forget (or more than likely in his case, ignore):

Lets start with he DL -
Schwann played 6 snaps vs. Pitt. His backup (Torrance Brown) was a sophomore with 1 career starts vs. Kent...and 1/3 of the snaps here went to RS Freshman Shareef Miller.

Givens started at on DT was hurt by a teammate on Pitt's 2nd drive. He was a RS Freshman and his backup (Curtis Cothran) was not dressed, which means we were basically down to 3rd string at one DL position...and that fell on Antoine White, a sophomore with 0 career starts.

Parker Cothran (1 careers start vs, Kent) started at the other DT but was spelled on 40% of the snaps with Windsor (RS Freshman).

The only seasoned piece on the DL to start and play the whole game was Sickels...and he was relieved on 1/3 of the snaps by RS Freshman Buchholz.

This is not even getting into the LB issues, which were as bad, and completely ignore that Haley did not suite up in the secondary too. Cabinda did not play, forcing Wartman White and Bowen to play out of their natural roles. Compounding issues here, Bell was injured in 2nd quarter and basically played the rest of the game on 1 leg.

Add this all up and it's not exactly surprising that Pitt gouged PSU on the ground in the 1st half of that game. However, should point out that over the final 42 minutes of play, PSU outscored Pitt 35-14...and after toying with PSU's D up and down the field through the 12 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, Pitt managed 1 scoring drive longer than 10 yards over the final 42 minutes, and twice in the 4th quarter was held to three and out when trying to run out the clock....and oh yeah, despite being down 21 pts, turning the ball over 3 times and playing with the D in its described state, PSU still had the ball in Pitt territory to win the game in the final minute.

Pitt deserved to win the game but the one thing I always disliked about that matchup was where it fell on the schedule given the inexperience of the PSU DL and Pitt's strength on the OL and running game. This year, the shoe is on the other foot so we'll see how that turns out.[/QUOTE]

Excellent post.
I knew it was bad but not that bad.
I forgot about Haley not playing.

People actually love Narduzzi????

“That goes back to the question about Coach Narduzzi and keeping him,” she said. “Every person who loves him and the vision and direction of our program, then come to the game.”

I suspect the next "Yellow Out" dominated by chair backs will confirm how many people love him, care out him, or even know his name.

Reactions: psute
pitt is the #1 public university in the northeast per the Wall Street Journal?

I am in Newark airport this morning -- Yes, I suck. -- and to their credit, but also out of need I suppose, pitt advertises here like crazy. One of their ads makes the above claim, citing the Wall Street Journal. I am not familiar with this ranking. Was it straight-up academics, value, smallest home football crowds?
Apparently it's real: WSJ
I haven't yet figured out their metrics but apparently PSU has poor resources?

Pitt hopes to target specific groups of fans, enhance the tailgating experience and honor the two-time Stanley Cup champion Penguins. A James Conner bobblehead giveaway is also planned.
Honor the Penguins? That's funny. How exactly do they expect to do that? Duquesne, CMU and RMU could do it too and it would make as much sense.

Maybe Northwestern will honor the Cubs this year.

Penn State and especially Paterno have driven them to the limits of their mental endurance. Most of them have gone over the edge, and need care. They've become little more than drooling, mouth breathers that have to make crap up so they can feel good about how lousy Pitt is and has been for decades.

I'd love to know how the "Environment" was scored. UPenn has a 6.9, PSU has a 5.4.

I guess some people prefer the scum of market street, packed trolleys, and trash over the clean, safe and beautiful surroundings of Happy Valley.

Reactions: jomouli23
I'd love to know how the "Environment" was scored. UPenn has a 6.9, PSU has a 5.4.

I guess some people prefer the scum of market street, packed trolleys, and trash over the clean, safe and beautiful surroundings of Happy Valley.

Pitt only seems to do well in irrelevant "world" rankings. That's because compared to a third world country, Oakland doesn't seem so bad.

Reactions: PSUoh90
Wow, look at all the ASWP fans going crazy! LMFAO.

DH1_2662.jpg

ASWP's pay-for board should be called "Between Delusion and Obscurity" rather than "Between Fifth and Forbes" (BTW, isn't Heinz Field between Reedsdale Street and North Shore Drive on the "North Side"?).

Rumor has it, per Pantherlair, if Pitt lands all of its remaining targets they will finish 52nd with last years rankin

Chris Peak apparently transposed the numbers when he said top 25 and meant top 52? :confused::eek:

His offer list is weird. He's heading to East Carolina, according to TOOS, instead of some significantly better programs. Has to be a story there.

His offer list is weird. He's heading to East Carolina, according to TOOS, instead of some significantly better programs. Has to be a story there.

He will fit right in at Pitt. Most of their commits could not commit to most teams on their offer lists either

That's got to be it. No way he would otherwise pick East Carolina (or Pitt) over a few of those other "offers".

From Pitt fanboy (and Trib writer extraordinaire) Kevin Gorman:

I'm on record as saying that Pitt should start its season against one and end it against the other, preferably playing Penn State over Labor Day weekend and West Virginia over Thanksgiving weekend. These games should be mandatory between the schools, especially the in-state game. I'm even for state politicians getting involved and demanding that Pitt and Penn State play annually.

No excuses.

Yeah, that's it Kevin...with all of the other shit going on in the commonwealth, let's get the corrupt politicians involved. Brilliant!!

Reactions: JJTopp99 and bytir
Bless their hearts.

This is classic southern, love it...

From Chris Jokish Dokish:

"Dokish wrote, “In the second group we have very good programs that could flirt with top 10 status with the right coach. That group includes Louisville, Virginia Tech, Miami, North Carolina, Pittsburgh, West Virginia, Oklahoma State, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Stanford, Washington, Oregon, UCLA, Arizona State, Utah and Texas A&M. None of these programs are always excellent, but they’ve proven that they are good enough programs that with an excellent coach they can be among the elite.”

How many generations of Pitt fans and student classes have gone through Pitt without experiencing a major bowl victory or a top 10 ranking and Jokish states Pitt has proven they can be among the elite???? Pitt propaganda at its finest.
#What is he smoking?

Pretty sure we have the right coach, 1st 2 years in the PAC were the only down years due to depth. Yes, there is a difference between P5 and G5. Have been ranked top 25 the last 3 years at the end of seasons where we started unranked. Have been ranked in every CFP poll since it started. In good company in that respect, but still building depth, have had a couple of "November collapses" because of it.
Not sure of this year though, had 8 players drafted and 8 more sign free agency contracts...

You'd think from the way that the Pitt folks scour the Sandusky threads, that they would realize what we learned: the state legislature is absolutely powerless when it comes to Penn State. They can't make the university do anything.

You'd think from the way that the Pitt folks scour the Sandusky threads, that they would realize what we learned: the state legislature is absolutely powerless when it comes to Penn State. They can't make the university do anything.

If Pitt fans were smart, they wouldn't have chosen to go to Pitt. Granted many were rejected by PSU and had no choice, but my point still stands.

From Pitt fanboy (and Trib writer extraordinaire) Kevin Gorman:

I'm on record as saying that Pitt should start its season against one and end it against the other, preferably playing Penn State over Labor Day weekend and West Virginia over Thanksgiving weekend. These games should be mandatory between the schools, especially the in-state game. I'm even for state politicians getting involved and demanding that Pitt and Penn State play annually.

No excuses.

Yeah, that's it Kevin...with all of the other shit going on in the commonwealth, let's get the corrupt politicians involved. Brilliant!!

This idiotic shit was attempted by Bill Robinson, I believe, who wanted to withhold money from both schools. It went down in flames. If there was a market to play this game, it would be played. Another pathetic attempt to bail out Pitt and its miserable athletic programs.

Reactions: pomppomp01

Looks like he had a severe shoulder injury last season and had surgery in the Winter. Assume some schools backed off. Does have good speed, is a VA state track champ and runs a sub 4.4 40. I bet he eventually ends up in the ACC South of the Mason Dixon Line.

Here is a solid one from known bwi account creator GT74

New Some PSU fans are demeaning Pitt fan's excitement over the recent recruiting. So, curiously I checked some numbers on the differences of theirs and ours. Of course, perception starts with stars and rating, and extends to offers. Not taken into account is an athlete's intangibles, including work ethic, motivation, coaching, and others. The ratings so far show PSU's current class at slightly over a 5.8, while Pitt's is slightly over 5.6. The star cutoff is 5.8 to be a 4*, and currently Pitt has five that are 5.7, so a slight upgrade changes any of those to a 4*. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying PSU does not outrecruit Pitt, because they do, but Pitt is having a good recruiting run, not only with quality, but with priorities. The bottom line though, is results. They had a great year last year, but a few close losses kept Pitt from having a great one, however, as MSU had success with Michigan despite having less stars, all that matters is if Pitt can beat teams that supposedly have more talent. Let's hope can beat PSU and other teams with that elite 'perception' often enough to have a shot at championships. If they do, then the 'star ratings' will not be meaningful to fans.

After doing some digging, GT found that Pitt is landing just over mid 3 stars on average and Penn State is landing just over 4 stars on average.....what an astute observation. Penn State projected to finish in the top 8 recruiting classes currently and Pitt projected to finish 52, but then again what is the difference!!!!

I mean after all they did hold on to beat Penn State with recruiting classes from Obriens era being JRs and SRs that should translate going forward and Narduzzi has coached up their D bigtime!

They have to hold onto their little victories as best as they can. They can't admit to themselves that Chryst was a better recruiter than their current head coach, but within another year or two it will become painfully obvious.

Wasn't NarDouchey supposed to be the second coming of Bud Ryan as a defensive genius??? ASWP ranked 101st of 128 FBS teams giving up 453 ypg and 6 yards per play!

They have to hold onto their little victories as best as they can. They can't admit to themselves that Chryst was a better recruiter than their current head coach, but within another year or two it will become painfully obvious.

It's amazing their fan base is too dumb to realize that last years game consisted of veteran players from the Chryst and Obrien eras in which Pitt recruited the same or better than Penn State) and young underclassmen from Franklin and Narduzzi eras.

That is why PennState, which started mostly underclassmen, was overwhelmed in the first 20 minutes of that game by Pitt's experience and dominated it from midway thru the second qtr on.

It's also why Penn State is going to dominate Pitt's inexperience this year. The difference is Penn State is way more talented than Pitt will ever be and Pitt will never catch up now

He coached them down. Pitt needs to bring Matt House back

The good news is that after the next 3 severe beatings, and the concomitant effects on their statewide recruiting, they will never want to play us again.

Reactions: step.eng69
The laughs will be plentiful today it appears

From Buffetparrothead

True!
A "bad" coach can convert 4 and 5 stars to 2 star players in a second. Think Nitter!
A "great" coach can move 3 and 4 star players to 5 stars in a second. Think PITT!

Plus good recruiting includes adding players for positions in need, players who fit the system , and buy into the coaching staff philosophy.

IMO this is the intangible that will separate PITT in a positive way from other teams with higher recruiting rankings.

As results improve so will recruiting ranking plus we'll have the intangible benefit of a coaching staff that knows what it wants and needs to do!

I forget was it Pitt that finished 7th in the nation and just outside of the college playoff or Penn State LOL. I swear Narduzzi was a defensive coach and finished 101 that is coached up

16lwcaa.jpg

The laughs will be plentiful today it appears

From Buffetparrothead

True!
A "bad" coach can convert 4 and 5 stars to 2 star players in a second. Think Nitter!
A "great" coach can move 3 and 4 star players to 5 stars in a second. Think PITT!

Plus good recruiting includes adding players for positions in need, players who fit the system , and buy into the coaching staff philosophy.

IMO this is the intangible that will separate PITT in a positive way from other teams with higher recruiting rankings.

As results improve so will recruiting ranking plus we'll have the intangible benefit of a coaching staff that knows what it wants and needs to do!

I forget was it Pitt that finished 7th in the nation and just outside of the college playoff or Penn State LOL. I swear Narduzzi was a defensive coach and finished 101 that is coached up

16lwcaa.jpg

Yea, I just pointed this out in a post as well.... NarDouchey is really "coaching 'em up" - he had a better defense than 27 of the 128 schools!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT