ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA States discussion

It took me almost two days poring over brackets to come up with predictions that look a lot like the ones up there. Maybe a little difference in the order, but El Jefe and I have probably 95% of the same kids up there.

I must be doing something wrong if El Jefe can whip that up this quick. ;)
Jefe did his in two hours...but he had a good teacher

Yes, they did rank the regional champs. Rankings not listed on the brackets, but usually not too difficult to figure out.

It's extremely easy to ID in AAA -- there are 5 regional champs. So, any time 2 regional champs meet in the quarters, they're the 4 and 5, and the winner gets the 1 in the semis. The regional champs in the other half will be the 2 and 3.

Also, without going back to look: I think the #1 seed is the first guy at the top of every bracket. Could be wrong about that, but after a while it sure looked like a pattern.

That's basically what I thought: 1 seed at the top, 2 seed at the bottom. They didn't label them, that was all.

Hong lost in Round 1 too. So much for that pick.

Like I said, picks 100% guaranteed to be wrong.
Surprised to see Luke Kemerer lost in the first round to Zach Ortman 8-3

those look like the most notable upsets from Day 1
also -- Campbell from Boyertown lost at 126
McCracken from Waynesburg Central lost at 195
Enck from Daniel Boone lost at 220

Is there a reason "trackwrestling" doesn't carry results (brackets) from Pennsylvania high school wrestling

PIAA Finals

Probably already been posted but is there a stream for it? TIA

Ho vs Trampe right now is worth $13.

Edit: Ho goes down to Trampe

Probably already been posted but is there a stream for it? TIA
MSAsports.net

Go to it, then on the side you will see the sessions, two different broadcasts to choose from. Let me know when you get on bro.

Edit: Radio only. For tv, it's on PCN tomorrow, but someone else is streaming free I believe, workin on it. As Jefe said, they charge you 10 bucks or something.

Courtney in a bit of trouble vs Andrews of Bishop McCort, down 2-0 first.

Reversal Courtney, ties it at 2-2, still first.

Escape Courtney, up 3-2 in the 2nd...

Takedown Courtney, goes up 5-2 in 2nd..

Andrews escape, 5-3 Courtney, 1:30 left in the match.

Brian Courtney wins a close one over Carnell Andrews, 5-3.

Last edited:
AA 106 Final: Bayless(Reynolds) vs Boozel(Mount Union)
AA 113 Final: Lane(Southern Columbia) vs Shields(Bishop McCort)
AA 120 Final: Park(Brookville) vs Rhone(Benton)
AA 126 Final: Teasdale(Jefferson Morgan) vs Doesn't matter
AA 132 Final: Courtney(Athens) vs Griffiths(Southmoreland)
AA 138 Final: Murin(Central Cambria) vs Matthews(Reynolds)

That's so far...

Derek Yingling(West Branch) wrestles for 7th tomorrow, All State for the Bainey/Q club.

My cousins' boy, Jon Dale(Moshannon Valley), goes R12, just misses all state, only a sophomore though!

In shocking news from the AAA semi finals, Spencer Lee was held to a rather unconvincing, 15-zero tech fall that took a whole minute and 44 seconds.

Disappointing.

In shocking news from the AAA semi finals, Spencer Lee was held to a rather unconvincing, 15-zero tech fall that took a whole minute and 44 seconds.

Disappointing.
Well, not that it won't happen, but the AAA semi-finals won't be until tomorrow morning.

Lee faces Ryan Anderson from Beca, while Austin DeSanto (also blowing people away) wrestles Noah Levitt from Kiski.

Well, not that it won't happen, but the AAA semi-finals won't be until tomorrow morning.

Lee faces Ryan Anderson from Beca, while Austin DeSanto (also blowing people away) wrestles Noah Levitt from Kiski.

Correct. Typo. Quarters.

Credit to Austin DeSanto, who moved down for the match.

Correct. Typo. Quarters.

Credit to Austin DeSanto, who moved down for the match.
Ruuuuuuuuth in the finals at 152 as a Soph...Has the state runner up from last year who just teched his guy in the semis......Ruth will be the MUCH better wrestler in college....Kid is a FREAK exactly like his brother....I WANT HIM MORE THEN ANYONE....

Ruuuuuuuuth in the finals at 152 as a Soph...Has the state runner up from last year who just teched his guy in the semis......Ruth will be the MUCH better wrestler in college....Kid is a FREAK exactly like his brother....I WANT HIM MORE THEN ANYONE....

Gonna be close: Ruth beat Biddle 8-5 in quarters, Biddle and Patrick went back and forth all year. I like Ruth to win, something like 5-2.

Garcia lost 3-2 to defending state champ Oliver.

I watched the match. Garcia's strategy was to keep away from tying up with Jake. Bonaccorsi did that at KOM, but had some quickness to score. Garcia really did not do anything, and, probably should have been hit for stalling beyond the one warning he received.

I watched the match. Garcia's strategy was to keep away from tying up with Jake. Bonaccorsi did that at KOM, but had some quickness to score. Garcia really did not do anything, and, probably should have been hit for stalling beyond the one warning he received.

He's 3 years younger than Oliver, I'll give him a pass.

MUCH closer than Oliver would have liked. This might be the last time Garcia loses in high school. Oliver was pinning everyone, literally, until this match.

Garcia also lost to McGill from Chestnut Ridge in Consi Semi's 6-4.

MUCH closer than Oliver would have liked. This might be the last time Garcia loses in high school. Oliver was pinning everyone, literally, until this match.
Yeah, and that's the same Gaige Garcia who broke his ankle in November. He might turn out OK.

not a pretty match but the next one was worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT