ADVERTISEMENT

PIAA State Quarterfinal Scores

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
First final is in. Berks Catholic defeats Shippensburg 37-13 for the D3 4A title. BC plays the winner of ECP-TJ.

Reactions: PSU77sh
First Half:

6A: North Penn 28 Garnet Valley 14

5A: Archbishop Wood 35 Whitehall 7

5A: Springfield 9 Academy Park 8

5A: Harrisburg 27 Manheim Central 6

5A: West Allegheny 27 Meadville 7

4A: Imhotep 32 North Pocono 7

4A: Cathedral Prep 13 Thomas Jefferson 0

Reactions: monkhoward
Final Scores:

6A: North Penn 48 Garnet Valley 38

5A: Archbishop Wood 56 Whitehall 13

5A: Academy Park 24 Springfield 18

5A: Harrisburg 48 Manheim Central 20

5A: West Allegheny 47 Meadville 20

4A: Imhotep 38 North Pocono 7

4A: Cathedral Prep 30 Thomas Jefferson 13

Reactions: kevin310
Thanks for the scores, Relayer.

Harrisburg has a ton of talent and is rolling. They're using Micah Parsons some at Running Back and he's a beast. He's caught the attention of PSU coaches who apparently are thinking about using him both ways.

Final Scores:

6A: North Penn 48 Garnet Valley 38

5A: Archbishop Wood 56 Whitehall 13

5A: Academy Park 24 Springfield 18

5A: Harrisburg 48 Manheim Central 20

5A: West Allegheny 47 Meadville 20

4A: Imhotep 38 North Pocono 7

4A: Cathedral Prep 30 Thomas Jefferson 13
What a shock. Once again domination by catholic and charter schools.

EVEN THE DAMN PLAYING FIELD.

I was at the ABWood/Whitehall game. The talent gap between the two teams was enormous. Why wouldn't it be? One school had a bunch of kids who grew up playing together, while the other school had a roster full of exceptional athletes brought together from near and far, to win football games.
The PIAA sold it's soul to the devil when it allowed District 12 into the Association. It was done to end the State Legislature's probe into the dealings of Cashman, Lombardi and others. They were admitted and the probe ended. Even in high school athletics, this state is corrupt.

Reactions: BrianS
I was at the ABWood/Whitehall game. The talent gap between the two teams was enormous. Why wouldn't it be? One school had a bunch of kids who grew up playing together, while the other school had a roster full of exceptional athletes brought together from near and far, to win football games.
The PIAA sold it's soul to the devil when it allowed District 12 into the Association. It was done to end the State Legislature's probe into the dealings of Cashman, Lombardi and others. They were admitted and the probe ended. Even in high school athletics, this state is corrupt.
To the gills my friend, to the gills.

He

Let's clear something up, Relayer. Do you condone what is going on at ABWood?

You know I'm a D1 guy first and foremost. As long as the PCL powers are in the PIAA, they should all be playing at 6A, and that includes Imhotep. I've stated that many times. These so-called state quarter-finals and semi-finals are a joke.

Hell, this is the best North Penn team in years and they will be solid underdogs to SJP next week. Let's not forget that PCC has been dominating the west too.

You know I'm a D1 guy first and foremost. As long as the PCL powers are in the PIAA, they should all be playing at 6A, and that includes Imhotep. I've stated that many times. These so-called state quarter-finals and semi-finals are a joke.

Hell, this is the best North Penn team in years and they will be solid underdogs to SJP next week. Let's not forget that PCC has been dominating the west too.

Put them ALL in 6A and let them find out who can either buy, recruit, or draft the best players from their "feeder" schools and outlying areas. That INCLUDES Bishop Guilfoyle in 1A, who does the same damn thing in Altoona.

OR, as they do in California, let all the schools who cheat, compete in the "open" division for their "champion", but right now, this is a total and complete farce and a joke, and the PIAA is a joke right along with it.

Put them ALL in 6A and let them find out who can either buy, recruit, or draft the best players from their "feeder" schools and outlying areas. That INCLUDES Bishop Guilfoyle in 1A, who does the same damn thing in Altoona.

OR, as they do in California, let all the schools who cheat, compete in the "open" division for their "champion", but right now, this is a total and complete farce and a joke, and the PIAA is a joke right along with it.

One issue with putting all of them in 6A is the bottom of the PCL was awful. So bad in fact that Neumann-Goretti had to cancel the second half of their season because they didn't have enough players. O'Hara went 11-0 playing the weak PCL schools and got trounced last week by Imhotep.

I don't know what the solution is. It's out of my control. One could argue expanding to 6 classes made things worse, not better. Expect to see SJP, Wood and Imhotep in Hershey.

Reactions: mn78psu83

I also believe several District 10 4A teams decided to play up one class to avoid ECP.

If they are the best teams so be it. I went to public school but never understood the constant complaining by some about private schools. If there was recruiting by these schools then the WPIAL and PIAA would go after the schools doing it. The advantage for those schools isn't recruiting. It is that they can accept students into 9th grade from all over the place. Not a big deal. Get over it.

-ac3f7e5b0ea769e8.jpg

2018 PSU verbal commit Micah Parsons has been playing some offense and scored on a long run.

Many of the parents of the kids at those schools pay tuition as well their local school taxes so their children can attend those schools. They want their children to have the catholic or charter school experience. It is more than just football.

So who has Bishop Guilfoyle recruited? Start naming names NOW!!

Reactions: bytir
EPC....That is correct. All but one team moved out in a coordinated effort, and the team that stayed opted out of the District 10 final against ECP.

While I am definitely not taking a stakenone way or the other in the public/private debate, I bet the farm that West Allegheny and Thomas Jefferson don't just magically raise WPIAL championship caliber kids at 10x the rate of all other publics. Those two have owned AAA (now 4A and 5A) in the WPIAL for the past 15+ years. The kids from Knoch and Ringgold probably feel the same way about TJ that TJ feels about Erie Prep

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT