ADVERTISEMENT

Personally I don't want the NFL to be a 12 month a year topic...

dcf4psu

Nov 7, 2003
State College
It's late May and in central PA we have had a warm dry month. A nice reward after the last two cold winters. I'm really enjoying it getting outside as much as I can. I also enjoy listening to sports radio and these days that usually means ESPN radio.

I don't care about the NFL in May! I don't want to think about it until late in the summer. I'm tired of ESPN (as well as other sports outlets on TV like NBC Sports who have nightly NFL programs year round) leading with NFL news in May. Leave me alone! I am really gong to be forced to just turn it off for now. It's spring! Summer hasn't even started. I don't give a rats behind what's going on with the NFL.

Reactions: psu1969a
i can not watch NBA, NHL, boxing, and only small doses of NFL. They are ruining the sport. Still view MLB occasionally.

It's late May and in central PA we have had a warm dry month. A nice reward after the last two cold winters. I'm really enjoying it getting outside as much as I can. I also enjoy listening to sports radio and these days that usually means ESPN radio.

I don't care about the NFL in May! I don't want to think about it until late in the summer. I'm tired of ESPN (as well as other sports outlets on TV like NBC Sports who have nightly NFL programs year round) leading with NFL news in May. Leave me alone! I am really gong to be forced to just turn it off for now. It's spring! Summer hasn't even started. I don't give a rats behind what's going on with the NFL.

I'm with you. Summer is for America's pastime and outdoor activities, not NBA, NHL, and NFL.

When you're a Redskins fan, as I am, blocking out postseason stories is easy. Get on the Bandwagon!

The listening public dictates what they talk about. It's all about ratings so radio stations are going to discuss whatever gets people listening and calling in.

Reactions: EPC FAN
GG is correct, while you and I both may agree on the idea, Ratings and advertising dollars are what speaks. Personally I'd like to see all pro sports knock 2 weeks off of their schedules but it wont happen.

Uh, your first problem: listening to ESPN radio.
Now, I know its central PA - but damn, sir...you are aware that radios are now equipped with these little dials/scanners that allow you to change the station?

Kinda just kidding you here - but this is symptomatic of anybody who complains about something they don't like - stuff on cable TV, stuff on the radio, stuff in book stores, stuff on the internet - for goodness sakes, people - if you don't like it don't buy it, don't watch, don't listen.

Geez, if I spent time bitching about how bad Justin Bieber was, I'd go crazy. Its much easier to ignore terrible entertainment than to complain about it.

When there is absolutely nothing on the radio...and even with 50 channels it happens...I pop in a CD.

Actually, try an experiment - if you hate listening to programming on the radio, stop doing it for a week, or a month.

I used to be addicted to listening to 610 WIP the big sports station in Philly. After the media nonsense post-Sandusky, I boycotted WIP. And ~4 years later now - I found out that I don't miss it at all, and that there is plenty of other stuff to listen to in the car.

Reactions: psuguy04
i can not watch NBA, NHL, boxing, and only small doses of NFL. They are ruining the sport. Still view MLB occasionally.
NHL playoff hockey is exceptional. I have been glued to the eastern conference playoffs and Chicago in the west. The NHL season is longer than I would like but you could say that about all sports now days. Don't see why you think it has been ruined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT