ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs Purdue predictions

Purdue 30. PSU 24
I expect a close game since this a night game on the road w/sold out stadium. If PSU can mount a credible running attack which opens up play action passing, they win. If not, will be difficult to keep defense fresh and could start off with an "L".

I am terrible @ score predictions. Will leave that to others.

PSU 34 - PU 27.......

Purdue will score on just about everyone.....I am counting on our DBs and pass rush to cause some turnovers.

I believe that we will be able to run (I'm being serious) on Purdue and force them to cover some pretty good WRs in 1 on 1 situations.

PSU 34 - PU 27.......

Purdue will score on just about everyone.....I am counting on our DBs and pass rush to cause some turnovers.

I believe that we will be able to run (I'm being serious) on Purdue and force them to cover some pretty good WRs in 1 on 1 situations.
Fingers Crossed....

I expect a close game since this a night game on the road w/sold out stadium. If PSU can mount a credible running attack which opens up play action passing, they win. If not, will be difficult to keep defense fresh and could start off with an "L".

I am terrible @ score predictions. Will leave that to others.
Looking at tickets on the Purdue site, the game is far from sold out at this point.

Reactions: lazydave841
Defensively, our best hope is to rely on our superior athletics to hold up in the back end allowing the ends to do their job. However, Diaz likely lacks the ability to use such a strategy and we will go at the QB early and often from all angles leading to an early lead and a late collapse as Brohm adjusts.

Offensively, We need to consistently move the chains to keep Purdue off the field. However, we don't do that. We rely exclusively on explosive plays. We get out to an early lead and a late collapse as MY does his thing.

Two results, either we are in a nail biter into the fourth and the better coach wins (Not CJF) in a close one, or we get up early, Purdue catches up and Franklin and company do something stupid out of desperation and Purdue pulls ahead winning by a couple of scores. Going with the later where it is anyone's game in the last five minutes.

Purdue 37
Penn State 34

PSU 34 - PU 27.......

Purdue’s strength is their DL.

Game should declared a forfeit because PSU will be afraid to show up against the mighty Boilermakers!!

I think losing Bell and PSU losing Datson is a wash. They lost Milton Wright who was their #1 heading into season. That hurts some. I think it all comes down to our front applying some pressure on O'Connell and LBs keeping up in coverage, especially with their TE who looks very good. Singleton alone could produce more in the run game than we have seen in years since JB. It will be close but 27-24 PSU

Here is another reality check - Lee has decent moves and strength but slow as molasses in open field. Singleton would probably score on numerous plays where Lee got tackled from behind, 10 yards down field. That is a game changer.

Reactions: lazydave841
Purdue has a history of pulling off big upsets against top ranked teams. But we are not in that stratosphere so therefore we will win easily. 31-17.
Purdue beat down two teams that were quite a bit better than we were last year in Iowa and Michigan State. Let that sink in. One instance is an anomaly, two is a trend. Now, que up the trolls who will say we dominated Iowa before Cliff got hurt, Cliff's injury's didn't matter. Iowa played us to a draw before Cliff's injury matter and all the metrics pointed in Iowa's direction. Deal with it.

Purdue wins this 34-13. At some point in the next eight weeks reality will begin to set in... Penn State's football program is simply not that good. It is going to be a looooooong season and who knows how long it takes before the BOT decides it is time to move on from the joker running this crap show.

Purdue wins this 34-13. At some point in the next eight weeks reality will begin to set in... Penn State's football program is simply not that good. It is going to be a looooooong season and who knows how long it takes before the BOT decides it is time to move on from the joker running this crap show.
10 more years.

Purdue beat down two teams that were quite a bit better than we were last year in Iowa and Michigan State. Let that sink in. One instance is an anomaly, two is a trend. Now, que up the trolls who will say we dominated Iowa before Cliff got hurt, Cliff's injury's didn't matter. Iowa played us to a draw before Cliff's injury matter and all the metrics pointed in Iowa's direction. Deal with it.
Touchdowns are 6 points......field goals 3 points....how many points is a metric worth?
Does a metric fit into a round or square hole?

Official NNNNNCAC press release......"don't bother to play this season." All the metrics are pointing against you.

I will start.
Purdue 31 Penn State 10
Dude, c'mon man! You really think that? Are you cheering for Purdon't? I think you are. At this point you want Franklin to fail (yes I know he already has in your mind) to validate your genius football mind.

Reactions: marshall23
Go put money where your mouth is. Give State 21, you will get great odds. Do it man c'mon lay the cash!!

Here we go Boilers, Here we go!

Go Purdue, Beat Penn State!!

Yeah Baby!!! Right on Wallace! Jeff Brohm is the best coach in America.

I'm thinking 35-0 Boilers. Only 5 first downs for the Nits and 100 yards of offense. Purdon't passes for over 300 yards!!! Hip Hip Hooray!!!

Purdue may beat us......but your one point against Iowa is not correct. PSU was up 17-3 when Clifford was injured at their place........ it was not even.

It will be a long season if PSU starts out 1-2.... no way they should lose to Purdue. No way. Auburn maybe but not Purdue.

Reactions: psuno1
Purdue may beat us......but your one point against Iowa is not correct. PSU was up 17-3 when Clifford was injured at their place........ it was not even.
It was a one score game before Clifford's injury mattered. Iowa had essentially played us dead even at that point and had momentum. That is reality, not the delusion that we were up two scores.

I will start.
Purdue 31 Penn State 10
PSU 38 Purdue 24

A first game. Night game. Thursday night.....a lot of weirdness and uncertainty. This game, more than any other, will be about limiting turnovers and mistakes.

Offense
  • We have an old man at QB, should be a good thing for a first game. He needs to add confidence, stability, and leadership.
  • We have a great WR crew, one of the best.
  • We have a great TE crew, looking for better blocking from them in the run game
  • OL? Who the **** knows? But these guys have taken a lot of crap and need to nut up. They should have a serious chip on their shoulders and come out mean and mad.
  • RB's? Is it the OL or RBs? I think they are talented but not what we've gotten used to at PSU. They need holes. I expect a better game from them.
Defense
  • We should have a very good to great DB. We have a lockdown corner, first-round pick.P lost their two best WRs (Bell to graduation and their second best to grades). Bell had 93 receptions for 1200 yards. Shefflield appears to be their best returning WR who had 36 catches for less than 400 yards all season. They do have some Xfers who are kind of a wild card.
  • Our DL is not the greatest but should be serviceable. A challenge will be the pass rush on a pass-happy team. Purdue will test our depth here as they'll probably pass 40 or more times. Our DL will be gassed by the end of the game.
  • LBers. Can Purdue exploit this obvious weakness? They haven't been particularly impressive with using RBs as receivers. King, their top RB, only caught 20 passes for 160 yards last year. Durham, their TE, caught 45 passes for 500 yards.
One has to assume special team will be a plus given our recruiting and depth at the skill positions.

I look for P to come out swinging and take an early lead. Our team settles down in the middle of the second quarter and starts to take control. By the start of the 4th quarter, P is in high risk offense and makes a few turnovers leading to a healthy W for the Lions.

PSU will have to get to the Purdue QB - he's one of the top 5 or 6 in the country and will be a high NFL draft pick when he comes out. If that happens,

PSU 38 - Purdue 24

Reactions: Obliviax
It was a one score game before Clifford's injury mattered. Iowa had essentially played us dead even at that point and had momentum. That is reality, not the delusion that we were up two scores.
PSU up 17-3 moving effortlessly against Iowa........PSU has the ball, Clifford gets hurt, PSU stops moving the ball, Iowa wins.....that is the story of game. The background story may be that PSU did not have a 2nd string QB ready, fine, mistake on PSU, but the thought that the Clifford injury did not matter in the Iowa game, or was not the turning point in the game is viewing history through a black and gold lens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT