ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball GAMEDAY THREAD: Penn State versus Purdue

First time this year that I’ve played against us (got Purdue -17.5)…it’s a few points too low.

Hope that we make it a game…getting two quick ones on Edey seems like the most realistic path (and shooting WAY better than we have been).

What happened? Game was supposed to be on BTN and now it's gone. Was in the listing yesterday and now it's not on. Anybody know what's going on?

pretty much no chance in this one with purdue coming off a loss. this team is not equipped to take down a #1 on the road

Reactions: GSPMax
You sure you weren't paused on BTN or something along those lines? Weird that you'd be that far behind naturally.
Reasonable but I was watching through the internet with Dish anywhere. Im in CO and my hardware is in MD. Actually closed and reopened the website more than once. Just very weird. Dish anywhere is actually not very good, better than it used to be, but that's what you get when you hire 6 year old programmers. I used to report bugs but that was a waste of time. I think I would have been better off if I never got the game.

PUR won rebounds 43-24. It's nearly impossible to win that way.

Edey was 10-12 shooting and had 20 rebounds. That's what a $million in NIL money buys.

Last edited:
We did a decent job of keeping it respectable after getting our doors blown off early (Purdue getting a little disinterested helped too). Just no match for Edey, and they did whatever they wanted at the offensive end.

We did a decent job of keeping it respectable after getting our doors blown off early (Purdue getting a little disinterested helped too). Just no match for Edey, and they did whatever they wanted at the offensive end.
we were decent in the first 5 minutes, a good effort. i did not understand the stretch where they put o'boyle on edey

Reactions: 87 Penn St8
I guess the thinking is that if he get a hot and hits 4 or 5 threes, it increases our chances a lot. but if that doesn't happen it seems to go south
He’s only hit 9 threes all year, so that doesn’t seem like a solid plan to me. He gets beat on defense like he stole something, so playing him ever doesn’t make much sense to me.

I understand the move with O’boyle at the offensive end, trying to pull Edey out of the lane and make him guard the perimeter. But if we’re going that route, I’d think we need to collapse and go zone at the other end. Don’t get why we’re trying that and still going man.

Reactions: bison13
I understand the move with O’boyle at the offensive end, trying to pull Edey out of the lane and make him guard the perimeter. But if we’re going that route, I’d think we need to collapse and go zone at the other end. Don’t get why we’re trying that and still going man.
I miss the days when we had Dread covering Edey.

So many coaches are so anti-zone and I don’t understand it. That’s something Rhoades should do more often to try and help our defensive rebounding.

Maybe one of these years Edey will actually go to the NBA.
I'll be interested to see how it goes for him in the NBA next year. He doesn't fit into the "modern" game of what most teams want at the 5...but with the right coach/system, I think we could be very successful.

I'll be interested to see how it goes for him in the NBA next year. He doesn't fit into the "modern" game of what most teams want at the 5...but with the right coach/system, I think we could be very successful.
I don’t think he’s athletic enough.

He’s only hit 9 threes all year, so that doesn’t seem like a solid plan to me. He gets beat on defense like he stole something, so playing him ever doesn’t make much sense to me.
it worked vs ohio state, so i am guessing they will keep trying it for the rest of the year. they are trying to use him kind of like Funk last year, but it's not the same

it worked vs ohio state, so i am guessing they will keep trying it for the rest of the year. they are trying to use him kind of like Funk last year, but it's not the same
Might help if they passed the ball. When they play team ball they aren't terrible on offense. Unfortunately that's a bit top rare.

Might help if they passed the ball. When they play team ball they aren't terrible on offense. Unfortunately that's a bit top rare.
To support that with numbers, we’re 291st in the country in Assists/FGM. We were better today…Ace actually had 13 assists (and 5 steals). He’s picked up his play to the level I was expecting the last 3 games.

To support that with numbers, we’re 291st in the country in Assists/FGM. We were better today…Ace actually had 13 assists (and 5 steals). He’s picked up his play to the level I was expecting the last 3 games.

yeah that's been good to see (Ace). It's not going to be much of a season, but the wins over Ohio State and Michigan were encouraging. Rhoades did a nice job of pulling something together after the program was totally gutted. He knows what he is doing.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT