ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Final 16

knickslions

Feb 2, 2005
Okay first two rounds are over. Some big matchups this week. Who is the pick to win it all based on who’s left. I have bets on Iowa State and Creighton to win. Both have really tough games coming up. Purdue/Gonzaga looks like toss up. UConn still the team to beat?

Reactions: NedFromYork
Okay first two rounds are over. Some big matchups this week. Who is the pick to win it all based on who’s left. I have bets on Iowa State and Creighton to win. Both have really tough games coming up. Purdue/Gonzaga looks like toss up. UConn still the team to beat?
I still think UCONN is the team to beat. Duke is playing much better as is UNC. Gonzaga or Iowa State might surprise.

Reactions: Ian and NedFromYork
I still think UCONN is the team to beat. Duke is playing much better as is UNC. Gonzaga or Iowa State might surprise.
Duke Houston should be good too especially if Duke continues to shoot well. Expect UNC Bama to be like nba game

UConn has been impressive
Zona Creighton and Iowa State are three teams I really like right now so they'll all probably lose in the Sweet 16

I've got 12 of the 16 but screwed the pooch by changing from Duke to Kentucky coming out of that bracket.

Watched them throttle Tennessee in SEC tourney and wrongly thought Coach Cal had them ready. Was happy to see them lose even though it blew me up.

I picked UConn like 80% of my pool but would be happy to see a non traditional winner (except Houston- maybe a Phi Slamma Janna hangover?).

I'm on vacation this week and ready to watch lotsa hoops!

UConn still rolling
Yes, they look like a championship team once again. I had Zona beating Clemson so I lost out there. UNC/BAMA game is fun to watch. Watching these teams in the Sweet Sixteen you realize the distance PSU bball has to go to become a consistent tournament team.

UConn is clearly the team to beat and I have doubts anyone can beat them. They caught a break thanks to Yale beating Auburn like they needed a break to begin with.

Maybe Purdue has a shot at them if Edey can have a big game. The Duke vs Houston winner could be dangerous.

UConn is clearly the team to beat and I have doubts anyone can beat them. They caught a break thanks to Yale beating Auburn like they needed a break to begin with.

Maybe Purdue has a shot at them if Edey can have a big game. The Duke vs Houston winner could be dangerous.
Illinois might be able to push them or at least make them look beatable. Illinois was the only team in that region I thought had any shot. Bama/Clemson as their semifinal matchup is almost too good to be true.

UConn, Clemson, Bama = 3 of the Elite 8's

...Illinois/Iowa St 70-64 and looking like Illinois will join the party
I missed on three of four games yesterday. My only pick moving on from yesterday is UCONN and they certainly look like the team to beat.
UNC looked tired in the last few minutes of that very fast paced game. Alabama seemed to have more energy. Didn't like seeing Alabama coach Oats let Pringle continue to play, he was obviously hurting and struggling to get up & down the court

Betting on the Illinois-UConn game will likely be one of the biggest "sharps vs squares" games in a while.

Houston looked horrible. They should not have been ranked so highly.

When Shead went down, I didn’t think it would be close. Not just Houston’s best player, but one of the top 5 to 10 in the country IMO. They beat Duke with him.
I only have UCONN & Tennessee left in my bracket. I do have UCONN repeating as champions.

Wolfpack defense had a lot to do with that- smothering wing defense. A lotta high level defense all around by the teams left. The intensity of the defense and physicality in that Duke-Houston game, or the defense Tennessee plays. Tenn-Purdue will be interesting cause Purdue has a lotta guys shooting red hot from 3 right now.

Nc State Sport GIF by NC State Athletics

Even better, they're taking down Duke
That Duke team is very young. Four of five starters are Sophmores. They will probably be in the hunt next year. NC State is very experienced (3 graduate players), play so very well together. Pleasure to watch D.J. Burns. He reminds me of Wes Unseld (throw back to the old NBA Washington Bullets for you youngsters). Only lacks the lazer-like outlet passes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT