ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs Purdue predictions

You didn't say anything could happen. You called for a psu win. It's comical how you are ALREADY walking it back in literally just a day lol. Don't vanish.
Reading a problem for you.

I said and I believe that PSU is considerably more talented across the board other than at QB, and that I believe PSU will win the game. But as with any game upsets do happen when underdogs win the turnover battle.

Newsflash: It's why they actually play the game, and why fans show up to watch.

Yes, your crying is worthy of a "lol"

Why would I vanish? Because of a 300 post crier that puts my opinions under his pillow?

Reactions: marshall23

I said and I believe that PSU is considerably more talented across the board other than at QB, and that I believe PSU will win the game. But as with any game upsets do happen when underdogs win the turnover battle.

Why would I vanish? Because of a 300 post crier that puts my opinions under his pillow?
Fanboys really don't understand the concept of competitive sport.
In high school when the ball was kicked off they were wetting the clarinet reed ;)

Most believe that PSU's offensive line has been weak for years, especially run blocking. But yet in 2019 the last time these teams played, PSU beat Purdue 35-7 outscoring them 21-zip in the 1st quarter and essentially locking up the game after 15 minutes of play. PSU gained 264 yards on the ground to Purdue's -19, obviously due to some sacks. How about 10 sacks, led by YGM and Toney. How many sacks are Isaac, Robinson, DDS and the rest of PSU's defense going to get in this year's game? Likely not 10. But likely enough to get the Purdue QB dancing and throwing some bad balls.

Oh, and PSU outgained Purdue 460 to 104 in total yards. The score could have easily been a shutout as I believe Purdue only scored after a PSU turnover and due to a couple big plays from their WR's one of which was by Bell. Levis came into the game and threw 7 passes and was generally terrible, including a fumble, preventing PSU from adding to the score. Purdue even won the turnover battle 3-1 as they only lost 1 fumble and PSU lost 2 fumbles along with a Clifford pick.

Sure, Purdue has a top QB this season. Yes, and 2019 was Clifford's first season as a starter. But other than the QB matchup does anyone here really believe there is a position on the field where Purdue will field as talented a player as PSU will field? One of the LB's maybe.

The disparity of talent is across the board, other than possibly at QB, which is the most important position on the field. Hamler and Dotson had big plays for PSU in 2019, and the PSU WR's will likely do the same this season.

The 2019 game was at Beaver Stadium, so Purdue will get some adrenalin from the crowd. But as long as PSU does not lose the turnover battle too bad I can't see a PSU loss to Purdue.

That team was Darrell hazell players. Rondale moore and Elijah sindelar had gotten hurt on the same play vs Minnesota so you had Jack plummer starting I think his second game as a RS Fr. plummer even as an older player ended up being nothing more than a rich man’s Spencer petras … as a new youngster he was a one read QB. I think that team had two players who would start on this team. True freshmen David bell and George karlaftis.

Jeff brohm also hadn’t established a network good enough to hire coaches of the caliber of mark hagen, Ron English etc.

I have Purdue losing this game close If both teams play well but this Purdue team might beat that Purdue team 49-0. That teams lines wouldn’t even be good in the MAC

Fanboys really don't understand the concept of competitive sport.
In high school when the ball was kicked off they were wetting the clarinet reed ;)
Clowns such as yourself who played JV football but think they know more than most using specious claims of coaching high level football as a way to cut off discussion don't understand the concept of truly competitive sports.

Still thinking about going? Call the Purdue ticket office, tickets can be had for $35 per ticket.

Clowns such as yourself who played JV football but think they know more than most using specious claims of coaching high level football as a way to cut off discussion don't understand the concept of truly competitive sports.
What else would you expect from a loudmouth T-shirt fan? Didn't even attend PSU, just another wannabe that couldn't make the grade.

You are a coward who tried to hedge his bet.

You'd be hard pressed to find posts where I'm giving advice to D1 coaches. Guys like CJF forget more football during a nights sleep than I ever knew. Only Couch Coaches such as you are delusional enough to think you have insight.
For once you are right.....I did play jv football at Southern Columbia. My freshman and some of my sophomore seasons....played varsity from that point on. My high school Coach was Joe Sarra. He flushed more football knowledge each morning than you'll ever have! LOLLOLLOLLOL

• Haha
Reactions: slanina
What we have so far:
Those predicting a Purdue victory:

Delcolion915

Cincinnati Kid

Wallace Breen

sss

BBHorn86

mediaexpert

Those predicting a Penn State victory:

PSU Soupy

bison13

Hugh Laurie

knickslions

SLion

The Spin Meister

LafayetteBear

Ian

Obliviax

NittanyPirate

psualt

GregInPitt

wolve1972

MacNit07

EMCLION

MWes11

ryoder1

Woodpecker

I didn't include those who didn't make an overt prediction. Please note any errors/necessary corrections and, for those who are willing to go on record one way or the other, let us know.

Last edited:
What else would you expect from a loudmouth T-shirt fan? Didn't even attend PSU, just another wannabe that couldn't make the grade.
It would have been my dream to play at PSU. You are correct, I wasn't good enough to play there,
How about you Sally?
Tell us precisely where you played and coached.

• Haha
Reactions: slanina
You are a coward who tried to hedge his bet.
What bet?

You're a clown that is trying to make something bigger than it is. You're being adamant about your opinion does not make me adamant about mine. It's a football game. Nothing more.

No, I'm not putting my life savings on the game. Feel free do do so to back up your life or death opinions.

No, you and I do not even have a bet on the game.

This is a message board where opinions are posted. I posted mine. You posted yours. Grow up.

What bet?

You're a clown that is trying to make something bigger than it is. You're being adamant about your opinion does not make me adamant about mine. It's a football game. Nothing more.

No, I'm not putting my life savings on the game. Feel free do do so to back up your life or death opinions.

No, you and I do not even have a bet on the game.

This is a message board where opinions are posted. I posted mine. You posted yours. Grow up.
You posted a double sided post to cover your a$$ so you could have an excuse when psu loses. I posted a straight up loss.

Big difference.

• Haha
Reactions: Lion8286
What we have so far:

Delcolion915

Cincinnati Kid

Wallace Breen

sss

BBHorn86

ryoder1

PSU Soupy

bison13

Hugh Laurie

knickslions

SLion

The Spin Meister

LafayetteBear

Ian

Obliviax

NittanyPirate

BCfanatic2020

psualt

GregInPitt

wolve1972

MacNit07

Woodpecker

I didn't include those who didn't make an overt prediction. Please note any errors/necessary corrections and, for those who are willing to go on record one way or the other, let us know.
Now we know who will vanish September 2nd.

• Haha
You posted a double sided post to cover your a$$ so you could have an excuse when psu loses. I posted a straight up loss.

Big difference.
I don't need an "excuse". I'm not playing or coaching. Nothing I do or say will affect the outcome of the game. As with you and your adamant opinions.

Post what you want.

I'll be here as I always am. But I won't see your bazaar logic or posts as you'll be on ignore. I try to only converse with rationale human beings and have most of the board wacko's on ignore already. But I had missed one.....

Cheers.

Penn state is more star talented. Purdue is bringing a lot of guys ready to play their best game right now. Are broc Thompson, Charlie Jones and tj sheffield as good as Parker Washington and the great transfer tinsley? Maybe not. Are there 6 other guys right now who don’t drop off from those three and have experience with oconnell? Yes. Do all three starters have plenty of experience with Oconnell? Yes.

this team lost two stars, but it’s a team that… regardless of the talent level, the entire 22 has played and is experienced together. Like.. snap one against you guys.

there is no “well let’s see how Juice Scruggs does at center, he’s good and we hope the transition is smooth.” Its “hey these five all played together last year together like the bowl game was yesterday, as did Oconnell, as did the TE, receivers and backs.”

so for that reason, and because it’s a road game for you guys and you won’t have any time for more talented newcomers to gel before this game, it should be a great clash of different types of teams and a great matchup. As I’ve seen more I’ve moved it to a pick em IMO. Either team doesn’t play their A game and it could get away from them. Aidan Oconnell can’t feel the heat and throw a pick. Your defense can’t try to get aggressive and blow a coverage.

There are very few guys you’ll see in the first couple drives where we are taking a wait and see approach as fans.

Penn state is more star talented. Purdue is bringing a lot of guys ready to play their best game right now. Are broc Thompson, Charlie Jones and tj sheffield as good as Parker Washington and the great transfer tinsley? Maybe not. Are there 6 other guys right now who don’t drop off from those three and have experience with oconnell? Yes. Do all three starters have plenty of experience with Oconnell? Yes.

this team lost two stars, but it’s a team that… regardless of the talent level, the entire 22 has played and is experienced together. Like.. snap one against you guys.

there is no “well let’s see how Juice Scruggs does at center, he’s good and we hope the transition is smooth.” Its “hey these five all played together last year together like the bowl game was yesterday, as did Oconnell, as did the TE, receivers and backs.”

so for that reason, and because it’s a road game for you guys and you won’t have any time for more talented newcomers to gel before this game, it should be a great clash of different types of teams and a great matchup. As I’ve seen more I’ve moved it to a pick em IMO. Either team doesn’t play their A game and it could get away from them. Aidan Oconnell can’t feel the heat and throw a pick. Your defense can’t try to get aggressive and blow a coverage.

There are very few guys you’ll see in the first couple drives where we are taking a wait and see approach as fans.
thanks for the post. I agree. I sure hope PSU doesn't think this is a fly-by game. This reminds me of the PSU Indiana game that we lost (maybe) on the last play. We were horribly unlucky (injuries to RBs) and dumb (two really bad INTs and key times). This PSU team doesn't have the chops to come in cocky or unprepared.

thanks for the post. I agree. I sure hope PSU doesn't think this is a fly-by game. This reminds me of the PSU Indiana game that we lost (maybe) on the last play. We were horribly unlucky (injuries to RBs) and dumb (two really bad INTs and key times). This PSU team doesn't have the chops to come in cocky or unprepared.
Neither do the boilermakers. As I’ve told other fans. If they think you guys are gonna be as sloppy and unsound as Tennessee they’re sorely mistaken.

it is basically the same team that already played against Tennessee with a bunch of additions and very few subtractions (a seventh round RB and a couple other vets splitting time with returning starters like Jackson anthrop.. eh, ok. I like me some Jackson Anthrop but eh). That said, this Nittany Lions team is not gonna be a team that just lays out a bunch of gimme yards and doesn’t block right or tackle right.

What we have so far:

Delcolion915

Cincinnati Kid

Wallace Breen

sss

BBHorn86

ryoder1

PSU Soupy

bison13

Hugh Laurie

knickslions

SLion

The Spin Meister

LafayetteBear

Ian

Obliviax

NittanyPirate

BCfanatic2020

psualt

GregInPitt

wolve1972

MacNit07

EMCLION

Woodpecker

My prediction for a Purdue win was sarcastic.

I am going 28-24 PSU.

Put me down for a push and previously a penn state win. I’m less certain about the outcome either way than any game I can remember. I’ve told friends not to bet it

Wisconsin beats Purdue because they manhandle their DL. If PSU does that, they win by 10. However, IMO this will be a slugfest because Purdue's DB are not 100%. Nevertheless, O'Connell will pick apart the LB's, so I say Purdue 38-35. The good news is that Franklin is fired!

• Haha
Wisconsin beats Purdue because they manhandle their DL. If PSU does that, they win by 10. However, IMO this will be a slugfest because Purdue's DB are not 100%. Nevertheless, O'Connell will pick apart the LB's, so I say Purdue 38-35. The good news is that Franklin is fired!
After one game? 70 million dollars says your nuts.

Reactions: GregInPitt
Wisconsin beats Purdue because Purdue goes small and fast on the DL .. that’s hard to do against 6’7” 330 lb DL when you don’t rotate your DL. The portal has changed that as now Purdue adds Brevard (who won’t start and isn’t as good as Lawrence Johnson but who will be relevant against Wisconsin). Wisconsin already had a full rotation on the OL.

cory trice and Jamari brown are back this week. Jamari brown and safeties cam Allen and Chris Jefferson are the bowl game lineup. Then trice takes his spot back (injury) from the addition by subtraction that was dedrick Mackey.. one of the last holdovers from the hazell hangover (his classes plus what brohm had to take in a pinch when he got the job).

Oconnell won’t throw for huge yards if mustipher is back and a very disruptive force. If He’s limited or out, I’ll feel very good. If he is back to his old self Ill be worried you may get to Oconnell before he can make things happen on your DBs, or worse, interceptions will happen.

sigh, this game could go so many ways

After one game? 70 million dollars says your nuts.
We can dream can't we?

BTW, I am still pissed that most fans wanted Joe fired. How PSU fans could say that Joe cared more about winning games than the welfare of his players is beyond me. Nevertheless, he had assembled a great team the year the BOT dumped him. And furthermore, I still believe PSU would have been in the NC game the following year. The only chink in their armor in 2011 was their OL and it was improving as the year went on. A year later of playing together and getting stronger proved to be a strong point. They lost two games early on that Joe would have never lost plus they one of the best backs in the country rightly transferred out.

We can dream can't we?

BTW, I am still pissed that most fans wanted Joe fired. How PSU fans could say that Joe cared more about winning games than the welfare of his players is beyond me. Nevertheless, he had assembled a great team the year the BOT dumped him. And furthermore, I still believe PSU would have been in the NC game the following year. The only chink in their armor in 2011 was their OL and it was improving as the year went on. A year later of playing together and getting stronger proved to be a strong point. They lost two games early on that Joe would have never lost plus they one of the best backs in the country rightly transferred out.
Agreed. The team BOB inherited was loaded with NFL talent.
Joe was the greatest educator/coach in the history of sport IMO.
If you think he was just about football, I feel sorry for you.

Reactions: MacNit07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT