ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs Pitt Game Thread

Hopefully, Miles has a nice talk with Ricky on the way home tonight as he had experiece fumbling when he was a freshman as well, so some first hand experience from the RB room leader would be nice to help him out.

Samford still leading FSU into the 4th Q.

The night could get even better!

I don’t see why people are getting up in arms about the challenge. Sure looked to me like it wasn’t a fumble. As a coach you have a true freshman running back who fumbled earlier in the game. As a player I’d want my coach to challenge it.

As for running it up....seems like if you are going to talk smack before the game you can’t complain about someone running it up.

Agree with those who say the challenge was clearly for Slade’s sake, not to try to “run it up”.

Reactions: Victor E. Bell
Something Joe would never have done.
He would't have challenged but I do remember a game against Cincinnati that ended p 81-3 , their coach got on Joe, saying I didnt think you played that way Joe and you could hear Joe say aw bullshit as the reporter was standing by

Run it up...if you don’t agree, you’re a pussy:
That seems like a major overreaction. Besides, Narducci seemed fine at the end. I don't think he really cares. Franklin obviously cares more than he's willing to admit. He should just ignore Narducci.

He would't have challenged but I do remember a game against Cincinnati that ended p 81-3 , their coach got on Joe, saying I didnt think you played that way Joe and you could hear Joe say aw bullshit as the reporter was standing by

That was Doug Graber and Rutgers in 95 not Cincinnati in 91. And it was 81-0.

But nice try.

That was Rutgers after he who shall forever go unnamed threw a late td

Reactions: herrli

How can you forget that the game was 81-0?

That seems like a major overreaction. Besides, Narducci seemed fine at the end. I don't think he really cares. Franklin obviously cares more than he's willing to admit. He should just ignore Narducci.
After the shit Narduzzi has been pulling all week, if Franklin didn’t run it up he would have lost credibility. You don’t always get a chance to rub an assholes face in it and when you do, you have to take that opportunity.

Seemed like quite a few guys on both Pitt's offense and defense were just going through the motions in the fourth quarter. Play the game or get the hell off the field. Take yourself out instead of disrespecting your school and the game of football. Those slackers deserve getting the score run up on them. Why should PSU lay down because their opponent has? Franklin was spot on right in calling both that Clifford pass and the challenge.

Glad we won, but there is a lot of work to be done if they want to compete with OSU. Third down conversions were awful to say the least. I think they came away injury free (maybe Parson's) and played better defense in the second half. My weekly call with my parents (Pitt fans) will be interesting tomorrow.

It gives pitt something to rally around next year...not that it will matter. The disperancy in talent can be measured in light years.

He cares for his players ....don't talk sh** about 18 or 19 year olds... No beef with the Pitt players, only the coach...you have to love with the consequences .... it is what it is...

It's not all about winning. Though he did literally do that more than anyone, ever. He didn't take many L's, but you just did.
Great, take all the wins you can but almost never get a NC. Maybe if he put the hammer down a bit more he would have won a couple more. And what did being a good sport get him in the end? People lined up to destroy him....screw that....take no prisoners.

May be crazy, but Hamler is looking a lot like Barkly in a WR position.

KO returns with hurdles, great runs and catches in the passing game...sure doesn't look like a freshman

I said the same thing. He passed the torch for making big plays/bailing them out. He will be so much fun to watch and to see him get better.

Agree with those who say the challenge was clearly for Slade’s sake, not to try to “run it up”.
PSU played like it was over before it was over a week ago. Guessing CJF demanded 60 mins and gave 60 mins.

That was vs. Rutgers after Mr. dick pic McQueary threw a bomb from around midfield for a very late TD in a blowout win. Rutgers coach was Doug Graber iirc.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT