ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State vs Ohio State: Let the speculation begin

Does the dual streak matter to PSU? Or is it kind of an afterthought?

Put another way, does Cael give half a rats ass if they lose this dual but go to nationals healthy?

I ask because I don’t want to make my Friday night plans to be this match just to find out I’m getting the B squads/matchups.

TIA

The dual meet is important, but not as important as what is to follow. Duke/Virginia basketball this Saturday is a big game, but they both will play bigger games before the year is out.
I doubt Cael will risk further injury to RBY or Shak. If they are medically cleared though and feel good I would expect both of them to wrestle. If not, they won't. I assume that will apply to McKenna as well.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
I agree. I don't think Shak will go, nor do I think RBY will go. I think Berge will go. I do not think McKenna is going to go, though.
I hope he does. I am interested in if he can shut down MyMars offense. the style diff between him and Cassar showed up when wrestling Moore.

Sadly the “match of the night” at 197 (1v2) probably won’t be much of a match. The only way to beat Nickal is catch him in a 50/50 (as an expression... they aren’t exactly 50/50s with him)... if he can beat Gabe dean in a conservative style match, I’m not sure anyone else out there has a chance. A full roster and this is a great dual from a team point perspective w/o a ton of individual awesome bouts.

Reactions: Lyons212
FWIW I don’t think anyone ducks and I certainly wasn’t going there. All of these guys wrestle at a much higher level than I ever did and I am not say cowardice got them there.

And if a coach ducks a guy, also doesn’t bother me (except if i went to the dual and bought tickets lol)... coaches job is to get a kid to achieve his goals. Not entertain me.

The dual meet is important, but not as important as what is to follow. Duke/Virginia basketball this Saturday is a big game, but they both will play bigger games before the year is out.
I doubt Cael will risk further injury to RBY or Shak. If they are medically cleared though and feel good I would expect both of them to wrestle. If not, they won't. I assume that will apply to McKenna as well.
go hoos

I’m going on a date with Charlize Theron. I’m worried she might not bring her red-carpet-caliber jewelry. Should I cancel the date? :)
How do you know her carpet is red? Doesn't match the blonde drapes.;)
I think the fine gentlemen on this forum are geniuses (idiot savants? :)) at finding risqué double entendres! I already changed “gown” to “jewelry”, and “wear” to “bring” to try to outsmart you guys. Better luck next time to me!

[edit: a guy can hardly ;) talk about barbecue around here before someone interprets it in a risqué way.]

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
Why bother watching Penn St vs Ohio St when you can watch the video from Utah Valley vs Rutgers ??

I was eagerly awaiting Fix vs Joisey Jumper, it finally arrived, I started watching, fell asleep, took a 30 minute snooze, woke up and guess what?? Yep,just finishing up regular time.

At least I got some ZZZZZ’s out of it.

I don't want to turn this into a ducking discussion, but McKenna certainly looked pretty healthy against Storr.

Considering OSU has essentially no shot at winning if McKenna doesn't wrestle, I'll be shocked if he doesn't go.
Sounds like he may have gotten dinged up in practice after Michigan

wasn’t coming here for trash talk. Just insight on if the dual will be as advertised or not.

Pretty simple to say “hey banjo, the dual streak is hella important. The kids hate OSU and wanna beat them”

Or “hey, cael wants ten individual march champions so a few guys who are dinged up could be held out”

I swear sometimes it’s like trying to do open heart surgery on yourself to get an answer on an internet board.
Sounds like you answered yourself why ask questions when you know the answer lol

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
I think PSU wins 6-4 ..tOSU wins the first three bouts and mymar wins. They get a total of 2 bonus points.

PSU gets likely 5 bonus out of its wins. 23-14 PSU.

That’s my prediction/hot take.
I like your thinking but something tells me this is going to the last match of the night. Which in my opinion brings in who do we start and finish with. If it's me we end with Bo because that's what we do is coming out for the night

Not even close. This Rutgers squad has three guys and I find the rest of them pretty boring. I’ll watch the first half of the dual and 157, or get the scores and rewatch the good matches later. (I would have watched Princeton but there was a funeral to go to)

If tOSU is on a Sunday id watch either way. Friday isn’t a day I wanna “waste” on a crappy dual.

I don’t know where to ask the tOSU people if their guys are gonna sit so I only asked about PSU here.
Tanning room

I like your thinking but something tells me this is going to the last match of the night. Which in my opinion brings in who do we start and finish with. If it's me we end with Bo because that's what we do is coming out for the night
It will start with 126 and end with 285. Cael is a traditionalist and, rightfully so, believes matches should start at 126. Ohio State would be silly to start anywhere else as well.

FWIW I don’t think anyone ducks and I certainly wasn’t going there. All of these guys wrestle at a much higher level than I ever did and I am not say cowardice got them there.

And if a coach ducks a guy, also doesn’t bother me (except if i went to the dual and bought tickets lol)... coaches job is to get a kid to achieve his goals. Not entertain me.
"Are you not entertained"?!!?

Actually, part of the process is entertainment.
Programs, for the most part, are supported with public funds and tickets are sold to the public. Penn State did not sell $350,000+ of tickets to the public last Friday without entertainment being part of the equation.

The athlete's health is paramount when prioritizing, but entertainment is still a significant consideration.

Actually, part of the process is entertainment.
Programs, for the most part, are supported with public funds and tickets are sold to the public. Penn State did not sell $350,000+ of tickets to the public last Friday without entertainment being part of the equation.

The athlete's health is paramount when prioritizing, but entertainment is still a significant consideration.

Fair, but I for one am not going to blame a coach for putting his commitment to the kid above his commitment to me.

I just got off the phone with the guy who empties the trash cans brother-in-law. Conaway is going at 33, Zain is gonna go at 49 but he’ll be wearing a mullet wig and call him Bo Pipher. Manville is going 65 and Joseph is bumping to 84. We’re gonna be fine.

Reactions: Esherret
It will start with 126 and end with 285. Cael is a traditionalist and, rightfully so, believes matches should start at 126. Ohio State would be silly to start anywhere else as well.

Great. The extra pound will help. Heinselman is undersized and Schnupp can bulk up with one extra pound of muscle

I just got off the phone with the guy who empties the trash cans brother-in-law. Conaway is going at 33, Zain is gonna go at 49 but he’ll be wearing a mullet wig and call him Bo Pipher. Manville is going 65 and Joseph is bumping to 84. We’re gonna be fine.

Joseph BUMPING to 84?? Thought he was walking around at 193?

Sandy is a National Treasure.

No, that was Diane Kruger.

MV5BMTM0ODk0MDEyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc4NzUyMw@@._V1_SX1500_CR0,0,1500,999_AL_.jpg

;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT