ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PENN STATE VS NORTHWESTERN - PREVIEW & GAME THREAD

Tired PSU defense doesn't guard Buie but he misses.

Up 2 with 16 seconds. Catch the ball and make FTs

Ugh! 2 FTs would have sealed it but couldn't do it.

Buie intentionally misses and guess what? NW gets the rebound.

Ugh! 2 FTs would have sealed it but couldn't do it.

Buie intentionally misses and guess what? NW gets the rebound.
What the hell was Dread doing on that foul shot? He went off to the left behind the NW guy and left the paint wide open.

Ok tell me that 11 missed foul shots and 15 turnovers was a thing of beauty I guess. Great finish but that game shouldn’t have gone to OT.
Yet we still won and NW only had four turnovers and shot 17-21 from the foul line…there is some beauty in that.

It just felt all night like NW was underachieving...maybe the announcers spin made it feel inevitable that we'd collapse. But really, we didn't capitalize on so many opportunities. We coukd have easily won going away.

Seth was our player of the game, with Jalen #2 and Funk/ Kanye splitting #3.

Ugly but exciting. We Are (a good basketball team!)

What the hell was Dread doing on that foul shot? He went off to the left behind the NW guy and left the paint wide open.
My issue was with Pickett on that one...clearly need someone to box out the shooter, and it appeared like it was his responsibility. Dodged a bullet.

Reactions: bdgan
It just felt all night like NW was underachieving...maybe the announcers spin made it feel inevitable that we'd collapse. But really, we didn't capitalize on so many opportunities. We coukd have easily won going away.

Seth was our player of the game, with Jalen #2 and Funk/ Kanye splitting #3.

Ugly but exciting. We Are (a good basketball team!)
That’s what is frustrating and exciting about this game, we could have won this game by 20.

So here we go. We win this one by seven. Get a good match up on Thursday and win again. Pull off a minor upset next game before bowing out
Those there wins get us a bid with a decent seeding in the dance and win yet another before the season ends.

How’s that for some early March Madness?
Quote from thread BEFORE Maryland game….Who said that?

Hate to toot my own whistle but no other way to spin it…..🤷🏿‍♂️

This win puts PSU in the Tournament for sure now
I think there would have to be a half-dozen bid steals or teams below PSU in the various "bracketology" rankings winning a big game in order for PSU to NOT be in the NCAAs.

Now we can get greedy and hope PSU earned a bye and doesn't have to "play-in". If PSU could somehow move up to a 10-seed, that would historically put them in good position for an upset win in the 7-10 matchup.

Agree to disagree. It was an exciting finish but that game wasn’t pretty. Obviously winning is all that matters. I’ll be in the United center tomorrow and Sunday. See you there?
I’m jealous….wish I could be there, but I can’t.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT