ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Trustees call special meeting on Friday to discuss Freeh Report

Once again, OGBOT and their rear guard are equating PSU's interest as their own. With certain alumni trustees leaving there is panic that what they discovered in the Freeh source materials is about to go public. Just my opinion. Last time a claimant got access to source materials Ira thru millions at him. Surprise?

The "oracle" in me predicts the following:

- A9 gives glittering generalities about source material, states that the Freeh Report was BS

- No one says anything else, and no board action is taken

- This will be news for 30 seconds in local PSU newspapers

- The BWI/McAndrew Board will get riled up about "changing the false narrative" and how the public just needs more information. And they get bent out of how the meeting is portrayed in the Patriot-News.

- In reality, nothing will change. After the meeting, I will make a post pointing out the fact that no one cares. I will then be summarily attacked by JoeBots.

- A9 gives glittering generalities about source material, states that the Freeh Report was BS

- The BWI/McAndrew Board will get riled up about "changing the false narrative" and how the public just needs more information. And they get bent out of how the meeting is portrayed in the Patriot-News.

- In reality, nothing will change. After the meeting, I will make a post pointing out the fact that no one cares. I will then be summarily attacked by JoeBots.

I want to avoid the rush and start attacking you now:

Get bent!

The phrasing about a 'matter of reputational harm to the university' is curious, though. Phrased that way, it makes it seem that whatever is to be discussed is harmful to PSU. That might be the OGBOT spin. Or, it might be something new (doubtful).

If it is the Freeh review results, it is more likely (but not certain) that the reputational harm is more toward individuals than the U as a whole.

Whatevs, Friday could be interesting, or could be yet another nothing burger in a long string of nothing burger picnics. I'm cynical anymore.... pass the empty salt shaker for me to make my nothing burger even more tasteless. But please let my cynicism be completely unfounded!

The likely veracity of your post aside, you shouldn't be summarily attacked. No, for using the word JoeBot here, you should be summarily executed. It is a wholely unnecessary term that you are using merely to inflame the masses and throw sideways shade at Joe.

If you ever get hit by a truck, please make sure someone in your family posts it here and lets us know.

1 of 3 options
1- Freeh billed them another $14M and they haven’t paid. Their reputation is tarnished as dead beats and they vote to pay him.
2- The statute of limitations is running out and they need to do Something - a big fund raiser is in the near future.
3 - MSU has hired our Board collectively as consultants to advise them. They will vote to keep MSU in the B1G.

We will never get the truth. There are too many politicians and skeletons around to get the truth. I hold no hope to get an honest answer from them and their ilk.

What makes anyone think the "OGBOT" called for or supports this meeting?

Doesn't anyone remember how these things work?

Good point. Could be the 2 out-going A9s getting in a parting shot in front of a limited audience.

Shall we pass the empty pepper mill? (I'm trying to be a pragmatic optimist... it ain't easy being me).

Reactions: nits74
The likely veracity of your post aside, you shouldn't be summarily attacked. No, for using the word JoeBot here, you should be summarily executed. It is a wholely unnecessary term that you are using merely to inflame the masses and throw sideways shade at Joe.

If you ever get hit by a truck, please make sure someone in your family posts it here and lets us know.

LOL

JoeBot is a 4-letter word. Got it. Thanks for proving my point.

The phrasing about a 'matter of reputational harm to the university' is curious, though. Phrased that way, it makes it seem that whatever is to be discussed is harmful to PSU. That might be the OGBOT spin. Or, it might be something new (doubtful).

If it is the Freeh review results, it is more likely (but not certain) that the reputational harm is more toward individuals than the U as a whole.

Whatevs, Friday could be interesting, or could be yet another nothing burger in a long string of nothing burger picnics. I'm cynical anymore.... pass the empty salt shaker for me to make my nothing burger even more tasteless. But please let my cynicism be completely unfounded!
I’d be almost certain that the alumni trustees consider the Freeh Report to be a matter that brought reputational harm to the university. As such, their report on the report is also a matter of reputational harm to the university.

I'm already prepared to be "underwhelmed". One possibility is that the Confidentiality Agreements signed by Lubrano et al had an "expiration date" which is coming up soon and the BOT wants to have the "first word".

@demlion I know you are limited in what you can disclose about what you saw/discovered in your review, but are you able to share whether the CA you executed was for "perpetuity" or was "time limited"? If the CA had "unmuzzling" terms, are you free to comment on same?

Last edited:

Well, you do make some good points, but then ruin it with your hackneyed JoeBots reference. Dale Carnegie anyone?

One of the tweets in the link might answer some of your questions ... "There's a rush to get this investigation of the Freeh report out, before Lubrano and McCombie (two Freeh critics) end their terms July 1."

This may just be the A9 calling a meeting before those 2 leave. I’m sure the old guard will send out an email to the rest of the board later today suggesting no one needs to show up (like they did previously).

I probably shouldn't bother (and I will ignore it after this), but - for folks who might be mislead by the TWITTER headlines:
This "meeting" is not being called for by the OGBOT (in fact, it is likely just the A9, and maybe Capretto and Deligatti)….. and I would be shocked if any of the others even attended (that way there will not be a quorum, and the content of the "meeting" never even officially happens).

As such - trying to "read tea leaves" wrt "what it means" wrt a change in the OGBOT landscape, is idiotic. It don't mean dick (aside from No Cattle's last chance to square dance).
Can you remind us the procedure for calling a meeting? Why are members allowed to essentially boycott?

Let’s not forget that they’ll likely authorize finding more victims and allocatemore money to pay them. Or maybe just give Barron a raise

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
"Those trustees are now reportedly ready to present their findings on the source materials to the board of trustees as a whole."

Reactions: PeetzPoolBoy
th
Take that F'n hat off and expose yourself Storm'n :p

Reactions: stormingnorm
So they'll announce they found some circumstantial things that show what a farce the Freeh report was. And they'll be 100% correct. But, there will be no smoking gun, therefore the OGBOT will downplay the A9 as being Joebots and the national media won't give it one lick of attention.

Anyone (on the Board) can call for a meeting.
Anyone can choose to either show up... or not.
If less than 1/2 show up, there is no quorum, and no University business (or votes) can take place.

For 6 years - no one on the Board (including the elected folk) ever stood up to oppose this (or any of dozens of other) FUBARs of governance. They simply didn't care (or were too lazy.... or both).

In the meantime, they have had at least 18 fully attended public meetings (more like 50-100, if you include public committee meetings) - with quorums present - within which to raise and discuss their concerns.... On the record.
They have chosen not to.

So, the better question might be "Why have they never utilized those opportunities? To discuss this or any other topic of University Governance?"

Alas.

F Them.

FWIW - Anyone here (on this Board) has had the opportunity to hear about "what they did or didn't find" wrt the cluster-hump called the "Freeh File Review".
That information has been - for whatever reasons - banned from this site. (FWIW, it is well past the expiration date for any of it to matter, aside from a purely informational issue for the few folks who still give a damn - - - - - if there ever was a time when it would have mattered).

The assigned task was the equivalent of having the Benny Hill cast evaluate the works of Schrodinger and Einstein.

C'est La Vie.

Not my Monkey. Not my Circus.
Thanks for the info. So I guess this speaks to the need to for a smaller board (or at least a board where there is more balance between appointed and elected trustees). But we already knew that.

Regarding your final point "FWIW - Anyone here (on this Board) has had the opportunity to hear about "what they did or didn't find" wrt the cluster-hump called the "Freeh File Review".
I monitor this board pretty closely (although I'm not on here every day) and definitely do not remember seeing this information (although I do recall folks complaining about posts/threads getting deleted).

Surely this information must exist somewhere else on the internet. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I am honestly very curious.

Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT