ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Trustees call special meeting on Friday to discuss Freeh Report

This may just be the A9 calling a meeting before those 2 leave. I’m sure the old guard will send out an email to the rest of the board later today suggesting no one needs to show up (like they did previously).

I considered that. It could just be Lubrano and McCombie sitting by themselves.

Fundraising must be in the shitter.
:eek: It’s going to be there for,well, a loooooonng time...
561727ceb31d6.jpeg

WRT impeding or preventing any “new info” (if by that, one refers to the “Freeh Review” findings :) ) the “Old Guard” has zero input, influence, or - quite frankly - concern in that regard....... and that has been the case for some time now.

That "new info" has been out there for years and no one will reveal it. Who knew Surma had so much power?

Last edited:

Hopefully, it’s not another PC statement in which they try to claim a Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier were deceived by the “master manipulator” that is Jerry Sandusky.

At the very minimum they should admit there was no “rape in the shower”, that half of the men paid settlements by PSU didn’t even know Sandusky, and that claims against PSU by some trial accusers completely contradicted their respective trial testimonies.

I have long been sceptical of the A9.

I am optimistic about this. The timing coincides with some key departures.

They have a court order allowing study. They have an obligation to bring findings to full board before anyone else.

If they claim to have findings and terms expiring, they have "no choice" but to call a meeting of the board to discuss. Time is if the essence.

If there is no quorum, I expect that they may have been advised by an attorney that they have done their best to comply with the court order, & can discuss openly.

Just my guess.

Original A9s going all in.

They can't "admit" matters that weren't in play from Nov 2011 to July 2012. This review surrounded how Freeh's narrative was shaped. If the review implicates scoundrels who then went on to mismanaged the claims process, that's a bonus. Of course we already have evidence the shower rape was fiction, provided by Eshbach herself. It would be nice to know who else knew that before the Freeh report was released.

Reactions: Zenophile and Bob78
Well..... you’re record is intact.

You are still batting 1.000 wrt being an absolutely idiotic dick...... who couldn’t score a 25% on a True/False year. :)

The only thing @TenerHallTerror (the OP, just for example) and I agree on is probably StarWars/StarTrek stuff & this other one thing ... you are wrong about everything actually, blithering, blathering, badgering, and spewing bile instead of constructive commentary. Why do you carry such vitriol? Let it go! It's possible to disagree about stuff without calling people names.

Anyhow, what's a "True/False Year"? You're perfect? I don't think so.

The OGBOT are corrupt, spineless, pieces of donkey ________t. I am sorry but its the truth. Remember what they did to Joe. Nothing will happen here of any good. A political stunt. The narrative will only change when some of these power brokers no longer have influence.

This sounds like it will be both (1) productive and (2) ground-breaking.

(eye roll)

11 Board members (including Jay --- OF COURSE) will be there, 27 Board members won't be.

It is what it is. Anthony Lubrano's "last gift" as a Trustee to Dear Old State.

This sounds like it will be both (1) productive and (2) ground-breaking.

(eye roll)

11 Board members (including Jay --- OF COURSE) will be there, 27 Board members won't be.

It is what it is. Anthony Lubrano's "last gift" as a Trustee to Dear Old State.

You are raining on the crybabies parade.

You are raining on the crybabies parade.

It's fine. Let the press conference commence.

I do wonder who does PR for these folk. Why release news than the Friday afternoon immediately prior to a (very long) Holiday weekend?

Last edited:
Were you opposed to the baseball stadium at PSU being named after a certain "Trustee"? ;)
no. I was way way not paying much attention then. I remember (or mis-remember) maybe the issue.

At the time my only thought was that it's a bit goofy to be naming stadiums/arenas after people who were ... not necessarily all that significant to PSU .. "in the big picture".

Like, I don't know who "Beaver" was but he/she must have been something way back to have a main street & a stadium named after them. But Bryce Jordan? Tuition may have doubled during his tenure, zero championships in major sports, joined the Big10. Name an arena for him?

The hockey & baseball arenas? I get it ... big donations. More than half the buildings on campus are probably named after a big donor or past president (lots mostly forgotten but their names, which I guess is the point).

Paterno deserved his name on the Library & I don't recall anyone evr suggesting THAT be taken down.

I just don't get the angst, I guess.

no. I was way way not paying much attention then. I remember (or mis-remember) maybe the issue.

At the time my only thought was that it's a bit goofy to be naming stadiums/arenas after people who were ... not necessarily all that significant to PSU .. "in the big picture".

Like, I don't know who "Beaver" was but he/she must have been something way back to have a main street & a stadium named after them. But Bryce Jordan? Tuition may have doubled during his tenure, zero championships in major sports, joined the Big10. Name an arena for him?

The hockey & baseball arenas? I get it ... big donations. More than half the buildings on campus are probably named after a big donor or past president (lots mostly forgotten but their names, which I guess is the point).

Paterno deserved his name on the Library & I don't recall anyone evr suggesting THAT be taken down.

I just don't get the angst, I guess.
You don’t know who General Beaver was?
James Addams Beaver (October 21, 1837 – January 31, 1914) was an American attorney, recruiter and field commander of PennsylvaniaInfantrywho was wounded four times during the Civil War, and politician who served as the 20th Governor of Pennsylvania from 1887 to 1891. He also served as the acting president of the Pennsylvania State University from 1906 to 1908.[1]

Hopefully, it’s not another PC statement in which they try to claim a Paterno, Curley, Schultz, and Spanier were deceived by the “master manipulator” that is Jerry Sandusky.

At the very minimum they should admit there was no “rape in the shower”, that half of the men paid settlements by PSU didn’t even know Sandusky, and that claims against PSU by some trial accusers completely contradicted their respective trial testimonies.

oops you are questioning "victims" que LaJolla any second now

You don’t know who General Beaver was?
James Addams Beaver (October 21, 1837 – January 31, 1914) was an American attorney, recruiter and field commander of PennsylvaniaInfantrywho was wounded four times during the Civil War, and politician who served as the 20th Governor of Pennsylvania from 1887 to 1891. He also served as the acting president of the Pennsylvania State University from 1906 to 1908.[1]

Not a fan.

Wounded 4 times? That's not the goal in war, to see how much you can be wounded.

"ACTING president?" Not even the "ACTUAL" president of PSU?

How's it even possible that the stadium is still called Beaver & not Paterno Stadium (or Amazon/facebook/Tesla stadium)

Not a fan.

Wounded 4 times? That's not the goal in war, to see how much you can be wounded.

How's it even possible that the stadium is still called Beaver & not Paterno Stadium (or Amazon/facebook/Tesla stadium)

How's it possible that a "fan" of PSU football didn't know who James A. Beaver was?

Not a fan.

Yeah, he's no hero. He was wounded four times. I prefer people who didn't get wounded, OK??

Reactions: 91Joe95
The likely veracity of your post aside, you shouldn't be summarily attacked. No, for using the word JoeBot here, you should be summarily executed. It is a wholely unnecessary term that you are using merely to inflame the masses and throw sideways shade at Joe.

If you ever get hit by a truck, please make sure someone in your family posts it here and lets us know.

^^^^ THIS ^^^^
Looking at the evidence and concluding that Joe was thrown under the bus with little evidence and wondering why the BOT prevented the 2nd mile from being looked into does not make one a blind loyalist to Joe Paterno.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT