ADVERTISEMENT

Penn State Press Release

stormingnorm

Aug 2, 2017
For Immediate Release : Penn State Media Communications
November 10, 2017 University Park PA

President Barron Rewarded with Raise, Lifetime Contract

The Penn State Board of Trustees today announced changes to the contract of President Eric Barron. Effective for the 2018/2019 academic year, the President’s salary will be increased from $1,000,000 to $1,100,000. In addition, Barron’s annual Bonuses will be increased from $400,000 to $450,000.
A provision was added to the contract that automatically extends the term of the contract for an additional year at the completion of each academic year – with an annual salary increase of $100,000 per year, and an annual bonus increase of $50,000 per year.

President Barron’s personal benefits (including housing, transportation, and an entertainment allowance) all remain in place. In addition, President Barron asked for, and received, a monthly stipend of $750 for the newly opened Dunkin’ Donuts.
President Barron, in a written statement, commented that “The money is nice, but those sugar coated jelly-bellies are to die for!”

Board of Trustees Chairman Mark Dambly praised President Barron’s efforts.
“President Barron has had to make many tough choices. Many outsiders don’t realize how difficult these decisions are – to be willing to make the sacrifices to Penn State’s academic standing, and to continually pass on more and more of a financial burden to its students – are not easy decisions. But we, the controllers of the Penn State honey-pot, as the beneficiaries, appreciate his commitment”.

Past-Chairman Ira Lubert added:
“This may seem like a lot of money to pay a University President, but I can assure you, this expense is negligible compared to the massive benefits we reap as Penn State insiders – all attributable to President Barron’s willingness to sell off his integrity and provide unwavering complicity to our efforts.”

Several members of the Penn State administrative team also lauded Barron.
Provost Nick Jones stated:
“I have often gone to Eric Barron, and requested the squandering of additional funds on completely useless – and often duplicative – administrative funds. And he has NEVER said “No”. These are critical qualities we look for in higher education leadership.”
VP of Student Affairs, Damon Simms added:
“I am really not sure how it happened – but I make more money than I can spend, and I have never done anything at Penn State that has had a positive impact. I owe that all to leaders like President Erickson and President Barron.”
David Gray, VP of Finance added “Ditto.”

Please note that the solicitation of comments from any other members of the Penn State Board of Trustees is strictly prohibited under the Bylaws of the Board of Trustees.

For additional questions or requests, please direct inquiries to:

VP of Communications Helen Waite.
666 Old Main Building, University Park PA. (814) 237-00FU

For Immediate Release : Penn State Media Communications
November 10, 2017 University Park PA

President Barron Rewarded with Raise, Lifetime Contract

The Penn State Board of Trustees today announced changes to the contract of President Eric Barron. Effective for the 2018/2019 academic year, the President’s salary will be increased from $1,000,000 to $1,100,000. In addition, Barron’s annual Bonuses will be increased from $400,000 to $450,000.
A provision was added to the contract that automatically extends the term of the contract for an additional year at the completion of each academic year – with an annual salary increase of $100,000 per year, and an annual bonus increase of $50,000 per year.

President Barron’s personal benefits (including housing, transportation, and an entertainment allowance) all remain in place. In addition, President Barron asked for, and received, a monthly stipend of $750 for the newly opened Dunkin’ Donuts.
President Barron, in a written statement, commented that “The money is nice, but those sugar coated jelly-bellies are to die for!”

Board of Trustees Chairman Mark Dambly praised President Barron’s efforts.
“President Barron has had to make many tough choices. Many outsiders don’t realize how difficult these decisions are – to be willing to make the sacrifices to Penn State’s academic standing, and to continually pass on more and more of a financial burden to its students – are not easy decisions. But we, the controllers of the Penn State honey-pot, as the beneficiaries, appreciate his commitment”.

Past-Chairman Ira Lubert added:
“This may seem like a lot of money to pay a University President, but I can assure you, this expense is negligible compared to the massive benefits we reap as Penn State insiders – all attributable to President Barron’s willingness to sell off his integrity and provide unwavering complicity to our efforts.”

Several members of the Penn State administrative team also lauded Barron.
Provost Nick Jones stated:
“I have often gone to Eric Barron, and requested the squandering of additional funds on completely useless – and often duplicative – administrative funds. And he has NEVER said “No”. These are critical qualities we look for in higher education leadership.”
VP of Student Affairs, Damon Simms added:
“I am really not sure how it happened – but I make more money than I can spend, and I have never done anything at Penn State that has had a positive impact. I owe that all the leaders like President Erickson and President Barron.”
David Gray, VP of Finance added “Ditto.”

Please note that the solicitation of comments from any other members of the Penn State Board of Trustees is strictly prohibited under the Bylaws of the Board of Trustees.

For additional questions or requests, please direct inquiries to:

VP of Communications Helen Waite.
666 Old Main Building, University Park PA. (814) 237-00FU

is

He is rumored to be eligible to receive a bonus of $2.00 once he actually completes his review of the Freeh Report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT