ADVERTISEMENT

Football Penn State announces plans of "Legacy Plaza" addition to Beaver Stadium

Will they let me buy a brick and put somebody else's name on it? I was thinking about using the name "Joe Paterno." Thoughts?
hmm, that's actually an interesting question. I imagine the plaques for each season will have the head coach's name on it for each season... if it was just the name Joe Paterno, I'd probably guess no but if you incorporated a message, then perhaps. Just my best guess.

Reactions: Obliviax
hmm, that's actually an interesting question. I imagine the plaques for each season will have the head coach's name on it for each season... if it was just the name Joe Paterno, I'd probably guess no but if you incorporated a message, then perhaps. Just my best guess.
I appreciate you formulating a response to my smart-ass comment!

It will be interesting to see how prominent Joe will be. What will they do if they can't bring themselves to put the old statue somewhere? And not promoting Joe is like Apple no longer discussing Steve Jobs. Microsoft not talking about Bill Gates. Tesla not talking about Elon Musk. The Masters not talking about Jack Nicklaus. Boxing not talking about Ali.

Please leave all statue questions below, and in advance, no, I don't know where it is.

Because my family had season tickets to both the Pirates and Steelers, we have bricks outside of both PNC Park and Heinz Field (yeah, I know that it's called something else). However, it seems as if the writing on the bricks has diminished over the years.

This might turn out great but a plan to let alumni and fans buy bricks sounds more like something we do here at our schools for the walkways in the school gardens. In fact when my wife and I take walks down past the grade school our now 30-something boys went to we see those bricks. Not something worth a major announcement by the PSU athletic dept. Go find the statue and do something worth while......

Couldn't the non-profit university just raise the syrocketing tuition and cover their nut on a brick "gift" to each incoming student? The money grab never ceases.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT