ADVERTISEMENT

Pan-Am's

Remind us, this qualifies the weight for Olympics, right? Only one entry per country at each weight? How is that person chosen? And is it 57 and 65 that need qualified? How many qualify at each weight, top two?

Ok, after reading the article, this is not the qualifying event, but the country has to partipate in this to go to the qualifying event.

And I swear i read it three times before i found that part, despite the article only being a few sentences long, other than the list of participants. Oh well, I guess reading comprehension is hard…..

Ironically the qualifying event is called the Pan American Olympic Qualifier not Pan American Championship.
Maybe you should go dig around trash bins in Tulsa for a pair of glasses. They might need a little tape, though.

The Germans I spoke to in Belgrade were wondering how we left three World or Olympic Champions at home and still won the team title. I guess our team is pretty good, even without Gilman, Burroughs, and Steveson.
Drives me crazy that Steveson walked away, could have been an all time great with still plenty of time for WWE afterwards.

Drives me crazy that Steveson walked away, could have been an all time great with still plenty of time for WWE afterwards.
I wonder what impact, if anything, the McMahon scandle/ouster will have on Gable's future. Would love to see him at least make another Olympic run, but it seems less likely every day.

57 runs through Spencer Lee IMO, he's the dude who should be worried about getting the weight qualified.
He's a serious threat to win it ALL, Gilman, Richards not so much.
He's more than a serious threat. Spencer has never lost a match in his career at 100%. As long as he is 100% there are no other contenders.

Thoughts on RBY VS Spencer possibly meeting at Pan Am.
My gut tells me Lee takes him due to his great par terre O.
RBY is a dangerous guy though, quicker than Spencer.

That dude hasn't been 100% since HS
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

RBY v Lee will have to wait until the Olympics 😉.

RBY is only going to wrestle in the Olympic Qualifier. Same for Austin Gomez.

RBY v Lee will have to wait until the Olympics 😉.

RBY is only going to wrestle in the Olympic Qualifier. Same for Austin Gomez.
https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/11961877-2024-pan-am-wrestling-championship-entries-schedule
All weight classes are in the article.
Here are the 57kg entries

Davi SILVA (BRA)

Darthe CAPELLAN (CAN)

Oscar TIGREROS URBANO (COL)

Peter HAMMER CUDE (CRC)

Osmany DIVERSENT MARTINEZ (CUB)

Guesseppe REA VILLARROEL (ECU)

Jaime PEREZ CASTELLANOS (GUA)

Roman BRAVO YOUNG (MEX)

Enrique HERRERA (PER)

Jacob MORAN (PUR)

Spencer LEE (USA)

Pedro MEJIAS (VEN)

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/11961877-2024-pan-am-wrestling-championship-entries-schedule
All weight classes are in the article.
Here are the 57kg entries

Davi SILVA (BRA)

Darthe CAPELLAN (CAN)

Oscar TIGREROS URBANO (COL)

Peter HAMMER CUDE (CRC)

Osmany DIVERSENT MARTINEZ (CUB)

Guesseppe REA VILLARROEL (ECU)

Jaime PEREZ CASTELLANOS (GUA)

Roman BRAVO YOUNG (MEX)

Enrique HERRERA (PER)

Jacob MORAN (PUR)

Spencer LEE (USA)

Pedro MEJIAS (VEN)
Flo uses click bait tactics

Schultz took bronze after an injury default. Anyone have any details? Looks like he won a match after.

Schultz took bronze after an injury default. Anyone have any details? Looks like he won a match after.
I saw that. Doesn’t make sense. He forfeited his semifinal match and then wrestled his bronze match. And from what I can tell he didn’t even take the mat for his semifinal. It wasn’t like he got hurt during the match and had to injury default.

I saw that. Doesn’t make sense. He forfeited his semifinal match and then wrestled his bronze match. And from what I can tell he didn’t even take the mat for his semifinal. It wasn’t like he got hurt during the match and had to injury default.
Maybe he was warming up and ready to take the mat and Zeke pulled him at the last second. Far fetched, I know!

Rby might want to use the hand behind the back strategy. Surely he would coached up DeSanto...

RBY is not wrestling in the tournament this weekend. He is wrestling in the Qualifier next week and Spencer isn't wrestling in the qualifier.

In my opinion, RBY's weight cut is his biggest challenge. He looked like a ghost in his one tournament recently and that tournament had a +2kg weight allowance

Reactions: Ski and danoftw
RBY is not wrestling in the tournament this weekend. He is wrestling in the Qualifier next week and Spencer isn't wrestling in the qualifier.

In my opinion, RBY's weight cut is his biggest challenge. He looked like a ghost in his one tournament recently and that tournament had a +2kg weight allowance
How many spots per weight get qualified next week? I think both the US and Mexico both need to qualify yet, right?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT