ADVERTISEMENT

Pan Ams on ESPN3

Ironhead as Andres Cantor?

That would cause the PSU fans north of 65 to flatline every dual.
Do we have a large following among the Inuit? The sun never sets on the PSU dynasty, at least in the summer? The 65th parallel is up there. OK, I actually knew what you meant, but I think I got it out of my system. ;)

Kuhn threw Tomasello through the Spanish announcer table.
And it was goooooooooooooooooood.
giphy.gif

Ironhead's calls of Bo Nickal's pins:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Bolazo Bolazo Bolazo!

Ironhead's calls of Bo Nickal's pins:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

FIFY, to add a li'l PD3 flair, while maintaining some degree of consistency with Back To Back To Back.

nattyboh01_alcohol.jpg

Reactions: nerfstate
From USA wrestling twitter...

Miracle for gold at 62 kg WF
Mensah-Stock for gold at 68 kg WFS
Fix for gold at 57 kg MFS
Eierman for bronze at 65 kg MFS

Medal matches begin at 4:30 p.m. CT

I've been checking in and out, and one thing is constant: These Peru fans are fired up. Love it.

Also, I have watched them drop countless matches, and they just keep staying excited. A real showing of perseverance.

Worst case was one of the women's finals yesterday where it looked like they were finally gonna pick up a win, their athlete had a 2-3pt lead and just straight up stopped wrestling with like 3 sec left and gave up a 4 to lose it. Real anti-heroic stuff.

but still... PAYYY-ROOOO, PAYYY-ROOOO!

Reactions: tikk10
That's the second time in a row Franklin Gomez wrestled Burroughs close. JB wins 4-1 but it was close through five minutes. Gomez came pretty close to a takedown but only got one point for it.

Reactions: hlstone and danoftw
Goofy match. He had Burroughs asking for him to be toweled off, kinda uncharacteristic of him. Seemed a bit rattled.

PD3 takes on Canada next for bronze. I missed his loss to Cuba.

Downey's antics aside, he's a really unconventional wrestler. Puts himself way out of position regularly and crosses his feet.

And just as I say that he hip tosses Canada's Moore from an overhook for the fall.

Reactions: danoftw
Downey wins with a fall and PIMP by 50 Cent instrumental starts playing in the background hahahaha.

I hope DT gets healthy and all, but I'm kinda loving this Downey experiment, too.

This Downey singlet has me cracking up, though.
For those unaware, it looks like Downey added his name with tape onto the official US team singlet. Unclear why this wasn't dealt with beforehand, he's been a team member for a few months now.

Venezuala Cuba gold medal 86kg match saw Ceballos (Venezuala), up 3-2 with under :20 to go, try a yolo head and arm toss. He had it pretty tight too and it looked like it might work, but Cuba slipped it to take the 4-3 win. Ceballos will lose sleep for that decision.

Last edited:
Even if he pulls this out, Snyder looks sloppy. I wonder if J'Den Cox notices.

Snyder ran nine unanswered to win 9-3.

Gwiz up 6-0 at break over Pino of Cuba.
Gwiz up 8-0 now looking for the last TD but comes up short. Lets Pino in on his leg and flips him for the tech.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT