ADVERTISEMENT

Paging: "Fair" & "PSUKnocker" Are you two alright or,.................

are you both still in search of the official transgender bathroom?

Haven't heard from either of you in a while boys.

Come out, come out wherever you are!!!

:):);):):)
Hey, I hit the last Bucco thread. You may not like it though; I complimented Locke.
grinning-smiley-004.gif

However, I admit to being less than enthusiastic about the content of this board lately and such has dampened my participation.
confused-smiley-013.gif

are you both still in search of the official transgender bathroom?
Haven't heard from either of you in a while boys.
Come out, come out wherever you are!!!
:):);):):)
Thanks for your concern GLOV. My posts tend to be lighthearted, but I am going to turn a bit serious on this one.
Whittier said "Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been." The past month or so I've been reflecting on my life and have come to realize that much of what I hoped to accomplish remains undone. Many goals of my youth are gone forever, due to age or resources, but I hope some can still be fulfilled. Time, however, is of the essence. No one knows how long they have on this earth, but I do know I have many more years behind me than in front of me. That said, I've made the decision to rearrange my priorities and devote nearly all my energy to those unaccomplished goals. As part of this process, I'm cutting back on lots of things like TV, movies, and other forms of entertainment, but also (and regrettably) my time on this board. The board cutback will be the most difficult, because I consider many here my friends, even though we have never met. Still, I see the sands of the hour glass running out and I have much to do. I will pop in from time to time, but far less often than before. I wasn't going to make any statement at all, but I checked in today and saw your post. I didn't want anyone to speculate that I had been suspended, thrown in jail, or met my demise. Thanks again for your concern. And now, it's off to my guitar lesson (really).

Thanks for your concern GLOV. My posts tend to be lighthearted, but I am going to turn a bit serious on this one.
Whittier said "Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been." The past month or so I've been reflecting on my life and have come to realize that much of what I hoped to accomplish remains undone. Many goals of my youth are gone forever, due to age or resources, but I hope some can still be fulfilled. Time, however, is of the essence. No one knows how long they have on this earth, but I do know I have many more years behind me than in front of me. That said, I've made the decision to rearrange my priorities and devote nearly all my energy to those unaccomplished goals. As part of this process, I'm cutting back on lots of things like TV, movies, and other forms of entertainment, but also (and regrettably) my time on this board. The board cutback will be the most difficult, because I consider many here my friends, even though we have never met. Still, I see the sands of the hour glass running out and I have much to do. I will pop in from time to time, but far less often than before. I wasn't going to make any statement at all, but I checked in today and saw your post. I didn't want anyone to speculate that I had been suspended, thrown in jail, or met my demise. Thanks again for your concern. And now, it's off to my guitar lesson (really).

I thought you may have become a Rutgers fan.

Godspeed to you.

Last edited:
Your constant presence will be missed, but I shall look forward to when you resurface and come up for air from time to time. Good luck with getting on with your life's work...I'd be lying if I wasn't a little envious. Hope we see you around a little more consistently in the fall when the Nits are back on the gridiron and the Bucco's are in the Fall Classic!!

Don't just string us along! I had missed this and seriously glad you are doing ok. I have had and continue to share many of the same feelings you expressed.....just please remember you do have MANY friends here, so don't disappear. This Board is a better place when you are on it!

Be like Robert Johnson. Sell your soul to the devil and come back a year later a blues guitar virtuoso. Time, afterall... Good luck with the lessons. Remember to keep your head down, oh, that's golf. Best wishes.

Don't just string us along! I had missed this and seriously glad you are doing ok. I have had and continue to share many of the same feelings you expressed.....just please remember you do have MANY friends here, so don't disappear. This Board is a better place when you are on it!
"string us along!" Your wit is one of the reasons I enjoy this Board so much. :)

Reactions: TheGLOV
"string us along!" Your wit is one of the reasons I enjoy this Board so much. :)

Well my "likes" will fall by 75% if you actually try having a life outside of Tom's Board.....!

So I recently promised my younger brother that I would have my house in order by 12/31/16. If / when I kick the bucket I don't want to burden him or any of his three kids with having to spend endless weeks or more trying to sort through my house and my hoarding holdings to find stuff. I'm in deep trouble, have less than seven months to go.

Anyone need old high school and college papers?

Have dozens of old "slightly" used Playboys from the 60s.....

Have loads of CFB stuff including Smith & Streets from the late 69s onward, years of Catch Lion Fevers and Blue and Whites from the mid-70s and of course probably 30+ years of PSU press guides.

File cabinets of old bills, tax returns, etc.

My two baseball gloves from high school.....my umpiring and officiating clothes. Tons of golf stuff (some probably similar to TinCup's).

I'm afraid to see what's buried in my food pantry and my freezer.

SO - If you get tired of learning how to play a guitar, come visit Chicagoland and try to rescue someone who really spends way way way too much time on this Board!

Reactions: fairgambit
Well my "likes" will fall by 75% if you actually try having a life outside of Tom's Board.....!

So I recently promised my younger brother that I would have my house in order by 12/31/16. If / when I kick the bucket I don't want to burden him or any of his three kids with having to spend endless weeks or more trying to sort through my house and my hoarding holdings to find stuff. I'm in deep trouble, have less than seven months to go.

Anyone need old high school and college papers?

Have dozens of old "slightly" used Playboys from the 60s.....

Have loads of CFB stuff including Smith & Streets from the late 69s onward, years of Catch Lion Fevers and Blue and Whites from the mid-70s and of course probably 30+ years of PSU press guides.

File cabinets of old bills, tax returns, etc.

My two baseball gloves from high school.....my umpiring and officiating clothes. Tons of golf stuff (some probably similar to TinCup's).

I'm afraid to see what's buried in my food pantry and my freezer.

SO - If you get tired of learning how to play a guitar, come visit Chicagoland and try to rescue someone who really spends way way way too much time on this Board!
Organizing is hard work. I've been doing the same thing. My problem is I shread nearly everything (utility bills from 10 years ago..grocery receipts from last year, etc.) and it takes forever. I've burned up 2 shreaders in a year.:(

Reactions: TheGLOV
Organizing is hard work. I've been doing the same thing. My problem is I shread nearly everything (utility bills from 10 years ago..grocery receipts from last year, etc.) and it takes forever. I've burned up 2 shreaders in a year.:(

Fairgambit, I'm basically a non-entity on this board, and as such, my following sentiments aren't worth much. But I will miss your frequent posts. I always appreciated yours for their common sense, their humor, their insight, and their humble way of avoiding throwing daggers. Even when provoked, you usually avoided a battle of insults or profanity, setting a very positive example for all of us who post here.

I wish you success in achieving your goals. If one of them was to make a place you inhabit better for your being there, you can chalk that one off your list. Good luck and God bless.

Fairgambit, I'm basically a non-entity on this board, and as such, my following sentiments aren't worth much. But I will miss your frequent posts. I always appreciated yours for their common sense, their humor, their insight, and their humble way of avoiding throwing daggers. Even when provoked, you usually avoided a battle of insults or profanity, setting a very positive example for all of us who post here.

I wish you success in achieving your goals. If one of them was to make a place you inhabit better for your being there, you can chalk that one off your list. Good luck and God bless.
Bob, your words are incredibly kind and appreciated. Thank you. As LionJim said, please do not demean your own contributions to this Board. Posters like you and LionJim are why it is so difficult for me to cut back. Sure, we have our share of flamethrowers, and I do bemoan the lack of civility by some here, but in general it's a pretty good place to hang out. Thanks again for your kind words.

Hey fair, glad you are following through on your promise to yourself. I suspected that was why you were MIA. I had planned to do the same, but some of the news was too hard to resist. That said, I too plan to pull back, but will follow the news on the Sandusky related stuff here, as this is the only really valid source of information available. This is something I want to see through. Best of luck on your endeavors!

Hey fair, glad you are following through on your promise to yourself. I suspected that was why you were MIA. I had planned to do the same, but some of the news was too hard to resist. That said, I too plan to pull back, but will follow the news on the Sandusky related stuff here, as this is the only really valid source of information available. This is something I want to see through. Best of luck on your endeavors!
Thanks nits74. I'm here off and on tonite as I watch the hockey game but must keep my promise to myself. You're one of my favorite posters and yet another reason I hate to cut back. You're right about Sandusky. Stuff here you don't see elsewhere, or if you do, it's often here 1st. All the best to you.

Reactions: nits74
Hey Fairgambit, I've often gone to this poem by Edward Arlington Robinson when I was in need of some extra hidden vigorish. I have returned to it many times over the years and it has never once failed me. Take good care.

No sound of any storm that shakes
Old island walls with older seas
Comes here where now September makes
An island in a sea of trees.

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/hillcrest/

Hey Fairgambit, I've often gone to this poem by Edward Arlington Robinson when I was in need of some extra hidden vigorish. I have returned to it many times over the years and it has never once failed me. Take good care.

No sound of any storm that shakes
Old island walls with older seas
Comes here where now September makes
An island in a sea of trees.

http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/hillcrest/
Am excellent poem, Jim, and one I had never read before. This is yet another example of why cutting back on my time here will be difficult. One would not expect to find verse like this on a "football" message board. Thanks.

Reactions: LionJim and TheGLOV
Now you'll have more time to attend games in the fall ;) Just kidding. I know how you feel. Best wishes.

Roses are red
fairgambit's all thru
but he won't stay away
because he's white and he's blue

Ok, I'm no poet.....and I know it.

Just hope you take a few deep breaths while you follow your heart and your dreams. I know this place can be a nightmare at times, but you have MANY
MANY friends that would deeply miss your presence (and your presents) here. Remember: moderation IS THE KEY!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT