ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Watched a special on Jim Brown last night

I would throw Walter Payton in there - he philosophy was to punish the tackler - if you watched him he would never go out of bounds and would lower his head and drove into approaching tacklers. Died way too young and was by all accounts a great guy.

I attended a game at Old Beaver field, in 1953, that had Brown playing for the Cuse and Lenny Moore playing for PSU. In those days there was limited substitution so these two guys had to play defense as well as carry the ball. It was hammer and tong all game long as they challenged each other. A day I will never forget. I also watched Brown play at Franklin Field against the Eagles. One great FB player.

Um, according to Wikipedia, Brown's first year was 1954. You may be off by a year.

One other thought. I really wonder what kind of pro player Ernie Davis would have been. What a tragedy.

Overrated.. Ignore that he went to Penn State, would you put Moore as one of the best RB of all time? To even consider comparing him and Jim Brown is absolutely ridiculous.

I was responding to your earlier statement about Lenny Moore not being very good, which is absolutely ridiculous. Obviously you never saw him play.

I was responding to your earlier statement about Lenny Moore not being very good, which is absolutely ridiculous. Obviously you never saw him play.

I have seen him play , he was solid, but not top 20 all time. Someone said he was BETTER then Brown which is crazy. If you think so, take the homer glasses off. Brown wasn't just the best back ever, he may have been the best football player ever.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT