ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

Not good news for the drug companies

but I don't think the variants were taken into account in that article. the variants are more contagious and more deadly. and every new variant that comes out I always read is more virulent and deadly then the previous variant hence the explosion in cases and daily fatality numbers. plus, historically virus mutate to become more deadly as the more deadly the variant, the quicker the host dies and therefore the host can pass along the virus to other people as they are dead.

but I don't think the variants were taken into account in that article. the variants are more contagious and more deadly. and every new variant that comes out I always read is more virulent and deadly then the previous variant hence the explosion in cases and daily fatality numbers. plus, historically virus mutate to become more deadly as the more deadly the variant, the quicker the host dies and therefore the host can pass along the virus to other people as they are dead.

Once again, we’re screwed.

1.2M shots yesterday so total up to 323.3M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.80M. 84.8% of shots administered is the national average, 54.0% of population with 1+ dose (69.5% of the adult population), 46.1% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 179 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 153 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

4,740 positives reported yesterday compared to 7,883 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 11,590.

Fatality was 93 compared to 150 yesterday and 134 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 292.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 11,839 compared to one week ago 13,165 down 10.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 1,764 compared to one week ago 1,921 down 8.2%
As an fyi I see Maryland will now only report weekly as of next Wednesday. Tougher to calculate for you

As an fyi I see Maryland will now only report weekly as of next Wednesday. Tougher to calculate for you

yeah, the day to day now is tough to track between when states are reporting and then backfilling in data over the past few days constantly changing now also. almost at the point of looking just at trend lines and just how the 7-day average looks compared teh 7-day average from a week before.. Hospital data might be the best now to look at as still appears to be mainly reported on a daily basis.

Reactions: bison13
Isn't wearing a mask after vaccination saying you're afraid of science?
Japanese have been wearing masks ever since SARS. It seemed to work well for them when COVID rolled in. I have a friend who would get respiratory infections every time she traveled. She started wearing a mask on the planes years ago and hasn’t been sick since. I’ll start using my masks more when the flu hits our community even though I’ll get a shot for it. I think the uproar over wearing masks has little to do with their medical value.

Ahhhhh... You had me there for a second. I almost jumped off sides :)

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Japanese have been wearing masks ever since SARS. It seemed to work well for them when COVID rolled in. I have a friend who would get respiratory infections every time she traveled. She started wearing a mask on the planes years ago and hasn’t been sick since. I’ll start using my masks more when the flu hits our community even though I’ll get a shot for it. I think the uproar over wearing masks has little to do with their medical value.

That's why Japan is seeing yet another surge in cases, their third. That's why there were calls as recently as last month to cancel the Olympics due to rising cases.

Reactions: bison13
Wow. Thank goodness yall boomers are on your way out. I wish they'd institute a downvote like reddit here so you could realize how unpopular you are. I challenge you to put your opinions on reddit and see how much of a minority you are.

Secondary challenge. Can you type three words for me? Black Lives Matter. Bet you can't, because your racism won't let you.

Here's where you type your pathetic response, but not those three words.
Ok, I accept your secondary challenge.

Black Lives Matter.......except the dozens shot and/or killed every weekend in Chicago, Detroit, LA, Memphis, Baltimore, Newark................

Black Lives Matter ......only if they are killed by white cops.

Black Lives Matter......excepts the hundreds or thousands that will die because of heroin, fentanyl, or other drugs that are pouring in across Biden’s open border.

So how’d I do? Three times!!! What’s my prize???

Last edited:
That's why Japan is seeing yet another surge in cases, their third. That's why there were calls as recently as last month to cancel the Olympics due to rising cases.
To date, USA has 104,251 covid case per million and 1872 deaths per million. Japan has 6311 cases per million and 116 deaths per million. The USA rate in both is 17 times the Japanese rate. Japan obviously did a better job and masks were a big part of that.

To date, USA has 104,251 covid case per million and 1872 deaths per million. Japan has 6311 cases per million and 116 deaths per million. The USA rate in both is 17 times the Japanese rate. Japan obviously did a better job and masks were a big part of that.

plus they didn't have governors putting covid positive patients back into nursing homes accounting for tens of thousands or more deaths.

And, who really knows how each country tracks and records COVID cases and deaths. China has reported just over 91,000 positive cases to date……can’t imagine anybody believes that?
Yes, the US COVID case per million is much higher than Japan, but the US has also performed far more Covid tests than Japan, 460 million for the US vs 15 million for Japan. For Japan’s population of about 126 million, 15 million tests is low. You can argue that you’re not going to get a lot of positive cases if people are not being tested.

Last edited:
And, who really knows how each country tracks and records COVID cases and deaths. China has reported just over 91,000 positive cases to date……can’t imagine anybody believes that?
Yes, the US COVID case per million is much higher than Japan, but the US has also performed far more Covid tests than Japan, 460 million for the US vs 15 million for Japan. For Japan’s population of about 126 million, 15 million tests is low. You can argue that you’re not going to get a lot of positive cases if people are not being tested.
And the US runs the PCR tests too many times and has substantial false positives.

Reactions: OhHello and bison13
The USA obesity rate is 42.4%. The Japanese obesity rate is 2.2% for men and 3.5% for women. So a rate about 17-20 times, which tracks deaths. This seems to correlate much better than mask wearing. I really wish the CDC said to everyone that is obese or overweight to lose freaking weight as that is the most significant variable in deaths. But too politically incorrect to offend people so let’s jump to masks and 6 feet Separation. Fauci should have said that to protect yourself, get you BMI into normal ASAP.

And the US runs the PCR tests too many times and has substantial false positives.

I love how that narrative sticks without any factual basis, anyway, how relevant is it when the death/case rate is proportionately and equally less in Japan?

I’m in Maine. We had some of the most stringent if not the most stringent restrictions in the country and early exposure to the virus but we had the third lowest excess death rate in the country and slightly less than average job loss. Mississippi had few restrictions and the worst death rate in the country. They are not outliers and I’m using your data and I’m tired of pussy ass bitches that are still complaining about restrictions. Get over it.
You should look at all 50 states. You’ll find that there is almost no difference in death rates between heavy shot down states and open states

Reactions: 91Joe95 and bison13
1.2M shots yesterday so total up to 323.3M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.80M. 84.8% of shots administered is the national average, 54.0% of population with 1+ dose (69.5% of the adult population), 46.1% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 179 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 153 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

4,740 positives reported yesterday compared to 7,883 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 11,590.

Fatality was 93 compared to 150 yesterday and 134 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 292.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 11,839 compared to one week ago 13,165 down 10.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 1,764 compared to one week ago 1,921 down 8.2%

1.09M shots yesterday so total up to 324.4M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.87M. 84.8% of shots administered is the national average, 54.1% of population with 1+ dose (69.7% of the adult population), 46.3% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 180 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 154 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

10,754 positives reported yesterday compared to 10,574 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 12,605.

Fatality was 235 compared to 93 yesterday and 134 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 281.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 11,287 compared to one week ago 12,969 down 13.0%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 1,692 compared to one week ago 1,896 down 10.8%.

So daily positive continue to flatline with no decrease over the last 10 days. Fatality chart moving down slightly but difficult to tell as the reporting is just so spotty and has shown to go right back up to 300 after a heavy reporting day. Good news is hospitalizations continue to decline after a few days where the rate of declined slowed, back up to over 10% decline in both categories.

I thought this was funny as all get out and hope nobody is offended. Very witty

I'm Vaxxed Waxxed, wear'in Slacks
The CDC says you can relax
Goin on TicToc dropping the facts

Reactions: cment
Seriously, what is Joe waiting for?

“We don’t want to wait until after the fact and get caught with this thing already ahead of us when we know that masks work,” Marvasti told Yahoo Finance Live. “To put this in context, the Alpha variant, which originated out of the UK, was about 50% more infectious and transmissible. The Delta variant is 60% more infectious than that.”

“We don’t want to wait until after the fact and get caught with this thing already ahead of us when we know that masks work,” Marvasti told Yahoo Finance Live. “To put this in context, the Alpha variant, which originated out of the UK, was about 50% more infectious and transmissible. The Delta variant is 60% more infectious than that.”

Wait until they get to the 'tri delt' variant. Tri delts were always the most infectious.

For f*ck’s sake.

Reactions: blmr31 and bison13

He is waiting for the "science" to tell him what to do. You can trust "science".

More myocarditis, this time in the military.

Reactions: TheGLOV
1.09M shots yesterday so total up to 324.4M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.87M. 84.8% of shots administered is the national average, 54.1% of population with 1+ dose (69.7% of the adult population), 46.3% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 180 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 154 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

10,754 positives reported yesterday compared to 10,574 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 12,605.

Fatality was 235 compared to 93 yesterday and 134 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 281.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 11,287 compared to one week ago 12,969 down 13.0%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 1,692 compared to one week ago 1,896 down 10.8%.

So daily positive continue to flatline with no decrease over the last 10 days. Fatality chart moving down slightly but difficult to tell as the reporting is just so spotty and has shown to go right back up to 300 after a heavy reporting day. Good news is hospitalizations continue to decline after a few days where the rate of declined slowed, back up to over 10% decline in both categories.

0.74M shots yesterday so total up to 325.1M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.89M. 85.2% of shots administered is the national average, 54.2% of population with 1+ dose (69.8% of the adult population), 46.4% of population fully vaccinated.

11,427 positives reported yesterday compared to 13,166 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 12,901.

Fatality was 294 compared to 235 yesterday and 429 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 273.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 11,837 compared to one week ago 12,766 down 7.3%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 1,794 compared to one week ago 1,867 down 3.9%.

Great article. As a whole, CDC and other research groups/individuals have discounted natural infection. It is sad that what was once thought of as the preeminent voice of infections disease (CDC) was/is led by Redfield and Walensky (who is batshit crazy) and bungled this so badly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT