ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

The sad thing is that measures that were taken by those in control were not at all effective from the start. This plot of state by state COVID response is Excess Deaths Per Capita (most complete measure of COVID health impact) verse Job Loss Per Capita.
COVID-JOBS-CHARTS.png

States that are in the upper right hand quadrant did the worst in both measures. Tell me if you don't immediately recognize that those states in this quadrant were mostly the ones with the strictest and longest COVID restrictions.

So it is obvious to anyone with an IQ above 80 that COVID restrictions didn't just not help, they actually inflicted more harm on people both in terms of health and financially.

So why is there any further discussion about restricting anything at this point due to COVID? The restrictions clearly made it worse. Anyone with half a brain would reject any COVID related restrictions going forward. (post was originally intended for the NC state baseball thread that must have gotten censored).

EDIT: Spin Meister, I have not seen city by city studies. That's great question though. Unfortunately I am getting the "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." treatment again. So I had to edit a post just to respond.

Yes, but an IQ of 80 is such a high bar.

There are two caveats to that chart. One is five of the worst had governors that insisted nursing homes take in Wuhan infected patients which killed thousand in each of those states. The other is that the states with huge, densely populated cities were disadvantaged by that density allowing rapid spread before any actions were taken.

Are there studies outcomes in cities with comparable populations but different attempts of controlling the outbreak?

Well, festivals and plays are important cultural events.

Reactions: bison13
The sad thing is that measures that were taken by those in control were not at all effective from the start. This plot of state by state COVID response is Excess Deaths Per Capita (most complete measure of COVID health impact) verse Job Loss Per Capita.
COVID-JOBS-CHARTS.png

States that are in the upper right hand quadrant did the worst in both measures. Tell me if you don't immediately recognize that those states in this quadrant were mostly the ones with the strictest and longest COVID restrictions.

So it is obvious to anyone with an IQ above 80 that COVID restrictions didn't just not help, they actually inflicted more harm on people both in terms of health and financially.

So why is there any further discussion about restricting anything at this point due to COVID? The restrictions clearly made it worse. Anyone with half a brain would reject any COVID related restrictions going forward. (post was originally intended for the NC state baseball thread that must have gotten censored).

EDIT: Spin Meister, I have not seen city by city studies. That's great question though. Unfortunately I am getting the "You have insufficient privileges to reply here." treatment again. So I had to edit a post just to respond.
I’m in Maine. We had some of the most stringent if not the most stringent restrictions in the country and early exposure to the virus but we had the third lowest excess death rate in the country and slightly less than average job loss. Mississippi had few restrictions and the worst death rate in the country. They are not outliers and I’m using your data and I’m tired of pussy ass bitches that are still complaining about restrictions. Get over it.

Reactions: odshowtime
I’m in Maine. We had some of the most stringent if not the most stringent restrictions in the country and early exposure to the virus but we had the third lowest excess death rate in the country and slightly less than average job loss. Mississippi had few restrictions and the worst death rate in the country. They are not outliers and I’m using your data and I’m tired of pussy ass bitches that are still complaining about restrictions. Get over it.

Maybe your governor knew that putting infectious people in nursing homes is a bad idea.

And Alaska had no face mask requirements and had 1/3rd the excess deaths than Maine. And Wyoming also had no face mask requirements and had a negative excess deaths and the best of all states. They are not outliers and I’m using your data and I’m tired of pu$$y a$$ bitches that have no understanding of statistics and data.

Is Maine rural or urban?

And Alaska had no face mask requirements and had 1/3rd the excess deaths than Maine. And Wyoming also had no face mask requirements and had a negative excess deaths and the best of all states. They are not outliers and I’m using your data and I’m tired of pu$$y a$$ bitches that have no understanding of statistics and data.
Alaska, or at least Anchorage, DID have mask mandates as I recall. They also all but shuttered restaurants and hotels. Alaska had required testing and quarantine for all arriving passengers from other US states. Only Hawaii had more extreme measures, in my experience.

Reactions: OhHello
Seem to have privileges restored again.

Even more supporting data that restrictions are for lemmings and pawns. You would think that the number of governors and news reporters caught not following their own rules or the rules that they were parroting would be a clue. But I guess some people just need someone to tell them what to think and what to do instead of being responsible for making their own decisions in life.

Seem to have privileges restored again.

Even more supporting data that restrictions are for lemmings and pawns. You would think that the number of governors and news reporters caught not following their own rules or the rules that they were parroting would be a clue. But I guess some people just need someone to tell them what to think and what to do instead of being responsible for making their own decisions in life.

There really are a lot of people who want to be told what to do and think.

So here in NEW. JERSEY. o_O , we’re about a month into governor murphy’s no-mask requirement, and I still see plenty of people wearing masks indoors. I even see many horse-asses wearing masks outside, even with the temperature above 90 F. The vaccination rate is pretty high here. Crazy.

So here in NEW. JERSEY. o_O , we’re about a month into governor murphy’s no-mask requirement, and I still see plenty of people wearing masks indoors. I even see many horse-asses wearing masks outside, even with the temperature above 90 F. The vaccination rate is pretty high here. Crazy.
I'm OK with people wearing masks. Their decision. Their prerogative. Just don't force this on others, when there is no actual data that it works, and certainly no data that it protects those that already had Covid or are vaccinated. On my 5 mile run this morning, in the 90 degree heat and 90 percent humidity, there was an Asian family all on the trail with masks on. If I had to wear a mask in that situation, it would have been instantly clogged with sweat and worthless. Now, flying back to PA in 2 weeks to visit my 80+ year old Mom and Dad. Knowing that American Airlines will require me to wear the mask, even though I'm vaccinated and also certainly had the Wuhan Flu in January 2020 while I was in China (2 weeks of night sweats, sore throat, fever during my trip there)

There will be people wearing masks in public for years to come because of all this.
Had a baseball game this afternoon with my friend the dr from nih. One of the opposing team players wore two masks while playing LF and when he drove off after the game he had windows down but both masks up. Outside of the dugout exchanges and when batting, he was within 6' of someone for less than 5 minutes total.

Reactions: psualt
Had a baseball game this afternoon with my friend the dr from nih. One of the opposing team players wore two masks while playing LF and when he drove off after the game he had windows down but both masks up. Outside of the dugout exchanges and when batting, he was within 6' of someone for less than 5 minutes total.

maybe he has an autoimmune disease and has no option for protection from covid super spreaders. You should shame him for being concerned about his own health.

Reactions: odshowtime
maybe he has an autoimmune disease and has no option for protection from covid super spreaders. You should shame him for being concerned about his own health.
This would really suck...he should stay home as should everyone that would die if they caught the disease. Risking your life for a baseball game seems pretty stupid, but so does wearing a mask outside and especially if he isn't extremely ill...so it seems he just may be stupid?

So many snowflakes here upset because someone chooses to wear a mask for their own benefit. Their body, their choice right? Good thing the player wasn’t a female, then yall Qultists would have the 100% opposite position.

I'll be wearing a mask for each home game on the 50 yard line in my season tickets because all idiots who are afraid of science. Luckily the "Q" people can't afford the AA level.

This would really suck...he should stay home as should everyone that would die if they caught the disease. Risking your life for a baseball game seems pretty stupid, but so does wearing a mask outside and especially if he isn't extremely ill...so it seems he just may be stupid?
Wonder if he’s taking any D3, zinc, etc?

Only one?

Wow. Thank goodness yall boomers are on your way out. I wish they'd institute a downvote like reddit here so you could realize how unpopular you are. I challenge you to put your opinions on reddit and see how much of a minority you are.

Secondary challenge. Can you type three words for me? Black Lives Matter. Bet you can't, because your racism won't let you.

Here's where you type your pathetic response, but not those three words.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
Wow. Thank goodness yall boomers are on your way out. I wish they'd institute a downvote like reddit here so you could realize how unpopular you are. I challenge you to put your opinions on reddit and see how much of a minority you are.

Secondary challenge. Can you type three words for me? Black Lives Matter. Bet you can't, because your racism won't let you.

I raise your typing contest and here is where you type one word: Marxist
Read up on what they do, what they have done, what they represent, and who follows and advocates their philosophy.

Reactions: Ski

Gee you're dumb

Someone needs a hug.

you-never-go-full-retard.jpg

Last edited:
0.924M shots yesterday so total up to 322.1M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.75M. 84.5% of shots administered is the national average, 53.9% of population with 1+ dose (69.4% of the adult population), 45.8% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 179 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 152 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

6,586 positives reported yesterday compared to 11,803 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 12,039.

Fatality was 150 compared to 394 yesterday and 229 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 298.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 12,125 compared to one week ago 13,391 down 9.5%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 1,824 compared to one week ago 1,940 down 6.0%.

So definitely seeing a flatline occurring. Literally no movement on the 7 day daily positive for the first time since we started coming down in April. Fatality values still down a small amount but not the same decline as weeks past. Even hospital numbers are starting to flatline. Appears this might be where we settle out for the long haul, in the 12K/300 on daily positives and fatality.

1.2M shots yesterday so total up to 323.3M with the 7 day rolling average at 0.80M. 84.8% of shots administered is the national average, 54.0% of population with 1+ dose (69.5% of the adult population), 46.1% of population fully vaccinated.

So far, 179 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 153 million people have completed a vaccination regimen.

4,740 positives reported yesterday compared to 7,883 week over week. 7-day rolling average is at 11,590.

Fatality was 93 compared to 150 yesterday and 134 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 292.

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 11,839 compared to one week ago 13,165 down 10.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 1,764 compared to one week ago 1,921 down 8.2%

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT