ADVERTISEMENT

OT: USA COVID-19 Vaccination Updates

For kids, it's next to zero. Why deny kids natural immunity? What did they do to us?

If you look at those kids and people being trafficked, the government was making them wear masks. Clearly they assigned some level of moderate to high risk to them.

Reactions: bison13
x.xM shots yesterday so total up to 413.6M.

So far, 220.3 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 190.5 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 12.8M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.4%; Fully vaccinated = 57.4%; Booster = 6.8% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 77.6%; Fully vaccinated = 67.2%; Booster = 7.2% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.5%; Fully vaccinated = 68.9%; Booster = 11.3% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.3%; Fully vaccinated = 84.7%; Booster = 17.3% as percent of fully vaccinated

17,580 positives reported yesterday compared to 54,934 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 62,646

Fatality was 157 reported yesterday compared to 822 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,268

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 47,147 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 49,070 compared to one week ago 54,453 DOWN 13.4%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,565 compared yesterday 7-day average of 6,004 compared to one week ago 6,397 DOWN 13.0%.

0.7M shots yesterday so total up to 414.3M.

So far, 220.5 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 190.7 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 13.2M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.4%; Fully vaccinated = 57.4%; Booster = 7.0% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 77.7%; Fully vaccinated = 67.2%; Booster = 7.4% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.5%; Fully vaccinated = 69.0%; Booster = 11.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.4%; Fully vaccinated = 84.7%; Booster = 17.7% as percent of fully vaccinated

48,711 positives reported yesterday compared to 60,847 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 68,958

Fatality was 510 reported yesterday compared to 1,072 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,278

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 45,801 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 47,147 compared to one week ago 53,648 DOWN 14.6%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,426 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,565 compared to one week ago 6,311 DOWN 14.0%.

So daily vaccine rate is going down, most of the 0.7M are booster shots. We were average about 300K per day of new vaccinations but that number appears to be decreasing.

Also looking at the charts, MIchigan, Minnesota, PA are all now solidly on the downside of the peak. When all states report the full numbers tomorrow I will take a closer look, but I think about every state now is declining. I suspect we continue to see the daily positives and hospital rates really going down even a little steeper hopefully the next couple of weeks.

This is so f*cked up. Vaccine mandates and forcing people to prove their religious conviction to their employer. I hate our world.
Well now you have schools in Colorado that are going to mandate the flu vaccine. This is what happens when people willingly let governmental entities act like totalitarian dictators. There really needs to be civil disobedience by otherwise law-abiding people to end this madness. I am shocked and mortified about what is happening in Australia, and, don't kid yourself, the powers that be both in the federal government and many state governments would like to do the same here.

This is so f*cked up. Vaccine mandates and forcing people to prove their religious conviction to their employer. I hate our world.
This is effed up. If you open the request form at the link above you will find this prompt:

"Reason for Request: In the space below, please provide a personal statement explaining the religious basis for your vaccination objection and the reason you are seeking a religious accommodation for the University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement. This should include a description of the religious principle(s) that guide your objections to vaccination and why you believe that your sincerely held religious beliefs/observances/practices prevent or limit you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination."

This is effed up. If you open the request form at the link above you will find this prompt:

"Reason for Request: In the space below, please provide a personal statement explaining the religious basis for your vaccination objection and the reason you are seeking a religious accommodation for the University’s COVID-19 vaccination requirement. This should include a description of the religious principle(s) that guide your objections to vaccination and why you believe that your sincerely held religious beliefs/observances/practices prevent or limit you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination."
Maybe people just hire the BLM rioters and Portland anarchists to fight these anti-mandate battles, because we all know that the feckless federal government and many state governments bow to them like scared rabbits.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion
Looks like vaccines for 5-11 yr old will get rubber stamped today.

All these so-called experts are asking questions right now, but not a single one is asking "how does this meet the 'emergency' threshold for EUA?"

There's more concern with "how can we tell the difference when looking at the vials which vaccine is which?"

Well now you have schools in Colorado that are going to mandate the flu vaccine. This is what happens when people willingly let governmental entities act like totalitarian dictators. There really needs to be civil disobedience by otherwise law-abiding people to end this madness. I am shocked and mortified about what is happening in Australia, and, don't kid yourself, the powers that be both in the federal government and many state governments would like to do the same here.
Sadly you are correct…and the Chinese are loving every minute of it!

Reactions: bison13 and 91Joe95
If they could take our guns, you could bet on it.

Reactions: 91Joe95 and Ski
Issue that I see is there is never an end game and that is what the politicians want. Covid, like all flu virus's before it, is never going away. It will just over time decrease in virulence and it appears just take over as the dominant flu strain in the world. Eventually everyone will get exposed (and/or be vaccinated) such have antibodies. Problem is that it will always be around and always kill people, just like the flu. but as long as we account for it differently, than it will always look like it is the boogeyman. I can honestly say that I don't believe that we will see any real movement on mandates (mask, vaccine, passports, etc...) for the next 3 years as the current administration will continue to push for it to maintain control. Individual states might fight back as we are currently seeing. If the republicans gain control of Congress in 2022 mid term election I could see some changes occurring. But this is too much of a political win right now and talking about trillions of dollars riding on keeping Covid in the news.

FDA just recommended EUA.

Expect a lot of schools to issue mandates in the coming days.
Well, we elect the school board, do we not?

They hire and fire the school superintendent, do they not?

If there is ever an issue of local control, this is it.

You get what you vote for. Period.

0.7M shots yesterday so total up to 414.3M.

So far, 220.5 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 190.7 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 13.2M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.4%; Fully vaccinated = 57.4%; Booster = 7.0% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 77.7%; Fully vaccinated = 67.2%; Booster = 7.4% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.5%; Fully vaccinated = 69.0%; Booster = 11.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.4%; Fully vaccinated = 84.7%; Booster = 17.7% as percent of fully vaccinated

48,711 positives reported yesterday compared to 60,847 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 68,958

Fatality was 510 reported yesterday compared to 1,072 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,278

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 45,801 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 47,147 compared to one week ago 53,648 DOWN 14.6%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,426 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,565 compared to one week ago 6,311 DOWN 14.0%.

So daily vaccine rate is going down, most of the 0.7M are booster shots. We were average about 300K per day of new vaccinations but that number appears to be decreasing.

Also looking at the charts, MIchigan, Minnesota, PA are all now solidly on the downside of the peak. When all states report the full numbers tomorrow I will take a closer look, but I think about every state now is declining. I suspect we continue to see the daily positives and hospital rates really going down even a little steeper hopefully the next couple of weeks.

0.7M shots yesterday so total up to 415.0M.

So far, 220.6 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 190.8 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 13.7M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.5%; Fully vaccinated = 57.5%; Booster = 7.2% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 77.7%; Fully vaccinated = 67.2%; Booster = 7.7% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.6%; Fully vaccinated = 69.0%; Booster = 12.0% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.5%; Fully vaccinated = 84.7%; Booster = 18.3% as percent of fully vaccinated

69,634 positives reported yesterday compared to 79,980 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 68,988

Fatality was 1,451 reported yesterday compared to 1,818 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,284

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 46,777 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 45,801 compared to one week ago 52,815 DOWN 11.4%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,500 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,426 compared to one week ago 6,231 DOWN 11.7%.

Reactions: bison13
Looks like vaccines for 5-11 yr old will get rubber stamped today.

All these so-called experts are asking questions right now, but not a single one is asking "how does this meet the 'emergency' threshold for EUA?"

There's more concern with "how can we tell the difference when looking at the vials which vaccine is which?"
Just horrible.

Reactions: bison13 and 91Joe95
I think. I am done with this; I've been patient and did my duty: two shots, masks, social distancing, and all. These people are clueless at best, evil at worst.
What's interesting is these people have all the stats they needed but the person in charge would only let them vote for 1 thing...vaccines for all 5 to 11 year olds. They claim to follow the science but they aren't. The question is why?

What's interesting is these people have all the stats they needed but the person in charge would only let them vote for 1 thing...vaccines for all 5 to 11 year olds. They claim to follow the science but they aren't. The question is why?
The argument is that kids get the flu and bring it home to their parents. But we know now two things: while helpful, the vaccines are not foolproof in terms of getting COVID. We also know that kids in that age group, themselves, have 0.000% chance if dying from COVID.

There is no consideration of the damage being done to young kids in terms of the vaccine or psychological. These people are virologists and they are hell bent serving that agenda no matter the other consequences.

Issue that I see is there is never an end game and that is what the politicians want. Covid, like all flu virus's before it, is never going away. It will just over time decrease in virulence and it appears just take over as the dominant flu strain in the world. Eventually everyone will get exposed (and/or be vaccinated) such have antibodies. Problem is that it will always be around and always kill people, just like the flu. but as long as we account for it differently, than it will always look like it is the boogeyman. I can honestly say that I don't believe that we will see any real movement on mandates (mask, vaccine, passports, etc...) for the next 3 years as the current administration will continue to push for it to maintain control. Individual states might fight back as we are currently seeing. If the republicans gain control of Congress in 2022 mid term election I could see some changes occurring. But this is too much of a political win right now and talking about trillions of dollars riding on keeping Covid in the news.
Agree, but my question is what do politicians gain by keeping Covid in the news. I hear the answer control, but control of what and to what end. I'd be interested in your ideas.

Agree, but my question is what do politicians gain by keeping Covid in the news. I hear the answer control, but control of what and to what end. I'd be interested in your ideas.
Mainly about $$$. Talking trillions of dollar spending plan coming up that somewhat is tied to Covid. Plus politicians can pick winners and losers and therefore make people owe them favors.

Control. politicians love control. Being able to tell people they have to have a mask on, they must be vaccinated is about controlling people. And if you can control people in that way, controlling people in other ways becomes easier.

While this wouldn't keep it in the news, I do beleive they keep it alive because they can't/won't admit they've been wrong. The only way to do this is take vaccines to the finish line not matter what the stats say. Does Fauci want a Nobel Prize? Probably. In the end it always comes down to Money/Power/Pride

While this wouldn't keep it in the news, I do beleive they keep it alive because they can't/won't admit they've been wrong. The only way to do this is take vaccines to the finish line not matter what the stats say. Does Fauci want a Nobel Prize? Probably. In the end it always comes down to Money/Power/Pride
Fauci is (1) ego and (2) continuing to cover up his role in GOF research at Wuhan.

Mainly about $$$. Talking trillions of dollar spending plan coming up that somewhat is tied to Covid. Plus politicians can pick winners and losers and therefore make people owe them favors.

Control. politicians love control. Being able to tell people they have to have a mask on, they must be vaccinated is about controlling people. And if you can control people in that way, controlling people in other ways becomes easier.
I hear you but the majority of people have not worn masks (except perhaps for a short period at the beginning of the mask imperative) and I'm wondering how many that did would be just as resistant today to proposed gun control, restrictions on the free exercise of religion or other rights as they were when they first wore masks. I think they would be but who knows for sure.

It might differ between regions of the country but the people I know in Alabama who wore masks would not tolerate any restrictions on fundamental rights.

0.7M shots yesterday so total up to 415.0M.

So far, 220.6 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 190.8 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 13.7M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.5%; Fully vaccinated = 57.5%; Booster = 7.2% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 77.7%; Fully vaccinated = 67.2%; Booster = 7.7% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.6%; Fully vaccinated = 69.0%; Booster = 12.0% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.5%; Fully vaccinated = 84.7%; Booster = 18.3% as percent of fully vaccinated

69,634 positives reported yesterday compared to 79,980 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 68,988

Fatality was 1,451 reported yesterday compared to 1,818 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,284

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 46,777 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 45,801 compared to one week ago 52,815 DOWN 11.4%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,500 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,426 compared to one week ago 6,231 DOWN 11.7%.

1.1M shots yesterday so total up to 416.1M.

So far, 220.9 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 190.9 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 14.4M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.5%; Fully vaccinated = 57.5%; Booster = 7.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 77.8%; Fully vaccinated = 67.3%; Booster = 8.1% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.7%; Fully vaccinated = 69.1%; Booster = 12.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.7%; Fully vaccinated = 84.8%; Booster = 19.2% as percent of fully vaccinated

78,932 positives reported yesterday compared to 81,445 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 70,619

Fatality was 1,594 reported yesterday compared to 2,143 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,250

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 46,206 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 46,777 compared to one week ago 52,123 DOWN 11.4%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,475 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,500 compared to one week ago 6,157 DOWN 11.1%.

1.1M shots yesterday so total up to 416.1M.

So far, 220.9 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 190.9 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 14.4M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.5%; Fully vaccinated = 57.5%; Booster = 7.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 77.8%; Fully vaccinated = 67.3%; Booster = 8.1% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.7%; Fully vaccinated = 69.1%; Booster = 12.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.7%; Fully vaccinated = 84.8%; Booster = 19.2% as percent of fully vaccinated

78,932 positives reported yesterday compared to 81,445 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 70,619

Fatality was 1,594 reported yesterday compared to 2,143 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,250

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 46,206 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 46,777 compared to one week ago 52,123 DOWN 11.4%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,475 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,500 compared to one week ago 6,157 DOWN 11.1%.

1.7M shots yesterday so total up to 417.8M.

So far, 221.3 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 191.2 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 15.4M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.7%; Fully vaccinated = 57.6%; Booster = 8.1% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 78.0%; Fully vaccinated = 67.4%; Booster = 8.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.8%; Fully vaccinated = 69.2%; Booster = 13.5% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.9%; Fully vaccinated = 84.9%; Booster = 20.5% as percent of fully vaccinated

78,460 positives reported yesterday compared to 88,000 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 69,877

Fatality was 1,208 reported yesterday compared to 1,696 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,191

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 45,513 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 46,206 compared to one week ago 51,175 DOWN 11.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,404 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,475 compared to one week ago 6,037 DOWN 10.5%.

1.7M shots yesterday so total up to 417.8M.

So far, 221.3 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine. At least 191.2 million people have completed a vaccination regimen. At least 15.4M have received a booster dose.

Total Population with at least one dose = 66.7%; Fully vaccinated = 57.6%; Booster = 8.1% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 12 years of age with at least one dose = 78.0%; Fully vaccinated = 67.4%; Booster = 8.6% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 18 years of age with at least one dose = 79.8%; Fully vaccinated = 69.2%; Booster = 13.5% as percent of fully vaccinated

Population over 65 years of age with at least one dose = 96.9%; Fully vaccinated = 84.9%; Booster = 20.5% as percent of fully vaccinated

78,460 positives reported yesterday compared to 88,000 week over week. 7-day rolling average is 69,877

Fatality was 1,208 reported yesterday compared to 1,696 week over week, 7-day rolling fatality at 1,191

Hospitalizations reported 7 day rolling average is 45,513 compared to yesterday 7-day average at 46,206 compared to one week ago 51,175 DOWN 11.1%.

Hospital admissions reported 7 day rolling average is 5,404 compared yesterday 7-day average of 5,475 compared to one week ago 6,037 DOWN 10.5%.

1.7 million? Lots of shots.

1.7 million? Lots of shots.
yeah, appears about 1M+ boosters. remember, Moderna and J&J just approved their boosters, so a huge amount of people now eligible. And if I had gotten J&J shot, I think I would be getting a booster. So i suspect we will see over 1M+ per day vaccine rate until the end of the year as many people get a booster. FDA also approved the vaccine for 5-11 age kids also so going to have a surge of vaccine rate for that group as well.

yeah, appears about 1M+ boosters. remember, Moderna and J&J just approved their boosters, so a huge amount of people now eligible. And if I had gotten J&J shot, I think I would be getting a booster. So i suspect we will see over 1M+ per day vaccine rate until the end of the year as many people get a booster. FDA also approved the vaccine for 5-11 age kids also so going to have a surge of vaccine rate for that group as well.
I was in Vegas all week. A few observations:
  • I couldn't get into the Palazzo, Venetian, Mandalay Bay or the Metropolitain and ended up staying at the Renaissance. Not ideal. But Vegas was packed.
  • About 50/50 on masks. If you didn't have one on inside the walkways, you may get stopped and told to put it on by security. But many people just sipped a drink to not have to wear one. outside, nobody wore them.
  • On the plane, there were a couple double-masked (cloth and a plastic shield). Maybe they were more at risk but people looked at them like they were nuts.
  • If you actually stopped and talked to anyone, they were all in the "this is BS" mode. This includes several meetings I had with people from places other than the USA (Israel, UK, Brazil, China).
  • I had an Uber driver that didn't wear a mask. I asked him about it since it is a violation of Uber rules. He told me he asks if the rider minds him not wearing a mask. He's been an uber driver for years and drove through the heart of the pandemic. He said not a single person requested he wear a mask over the last month.
Unless something changes, like a new major variant, the people are going to start ignoring the rules. It reminds me of the time I spent in russia where the black market was larger than the real market and a reason why the Soviets collapsed (can't control or tax the black market).

We know the UK already went through the Delta wave, they are more vaccinated then we are and now are back to January numbers. The only difference between them and us right now is(I could be wrong) I beleive that test a lot more then we currently do. Something else interesting has happen in the UK's stats they put out. They've removed the per 100K number of cases and deaths between vaxxed and unvaxxed. in the most recent 3 weeks.. 83% of deaths are coming from the vaxxed over 18....Over 18 in the UK is around 88% vaxxed.

This is their reasoning as to why more cases are in the vaxxed vs unvaxxed.....they are trying to find something that will tell them the vaccines are working.

• people who are fully vaccinated may be more health conscious and therefore more likely to get tested for COVID-19
• people who are fully vaccinated may engage in more social interactions because of their vaccination status, and therefore may have greater exposure to circulating COVID-19 infection
• people who are unvaccinated may have had past COVID-19 infection prior to the 4-week reporting period in the tables above, thereby artificially reducing the COVID-19 case rate in this population group, and making comparisons between the 2 groups less valid

We know the UK already went through the Delta wave, they are more vaccinated then we are and now are back to January numbers. The only difference between them and us right now is(I could be wrong) I beleive that test a lot more then we currently do. Something else interesting has happen in the UK's stats they put out. They've removed the per 100K number of cases and deaths between vaxxed and unvaxxed. in the most recent 3 weeks.. 83% of deaths are coming from the vaxxed over 18....Over 18 in the UK is around 88% vaxxed.

This is their reasoning as to why more cases are in the vaxxed vs unvaxxed.....they are trying to find something that will tell them the vaccines are working.

• people who are fully vaccinated may be more health conscious and therefore more likely to get tested for COVID-19
• people who are fully vaccinated may engage in more social interactions because of their vaccination status, and therefore may have greater exposure to circulating COVID-19 infection
• people who are unvaccinated may have had past COVID-19 infection prior to the 4-week reporting period in the tables above, thereby artificially reducing the COVID-19 case rate in this population group, and making comparisons between the 2 groups less valid

They don't allow millions of unvaccinated people from covid hotspots into the country and then secretly ship them all over the place.

Reactions: bison13 and Ski
You really should have quoted the following and not just the headline.

"Those who were inoculated cleared the virus more quickly and had milder cases, while unvaccinated household members were more likely to suffer from severe disease and hospitalization."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT