ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ski equipment after season ends

psulion11

Jul 25, 2014
I moved to New Hampshire from Pittsburgh in the fall and started to really get into skiing this winter. Anyone from the New England area know of any good places to get ski equipment at cheap prices after the season ends??

I already bought a season pass for next year and want to get my own equipment but know everything can get really expensive. Thanks!

For skis, Sierra Trading Post, but you need to know what you're looking for. Boots and bindings are another thing.

Find good local ski shop!

This is something that you need a professional to help you with. To get the most out of your skiing, you need skis that are a match to your ability level and the way you ski. You also need boots that fit properly and bindings properly installed and tested. Unless you are a very experienced skier, get this done right.....it will be well worth it in terms of your enjoyment on the slopes.
Ask around...talk to the people you meet on the mountain. I'm sure that there will be a "go to" shop locally, and almost everyone will have good sale prices this time of year as they try to reduce their inventory.

Yep, Good Advice!

The local shop here in town is already clearing out ski equipment (and all related stuff, including clothes) at 30+% off in order to bring in their spring patio equipment. Wait until April - May, some of the discounts get up to 50+%.

Good luck!.

Many ski areas have preseason sales "exchanges" that offer great value

They are often held over, or just before, the Thanksgiving Holiday period. Great way to sell or buy equipment reasonably, especially for growing children. There is usually a commission charged to the seller that serves as the funding source for the designated "cause" (often the racing program or ski patrol). Some of these sales at major Vermont areas like Killington and Okemo are huge, but I'd be surprised if places like Sunapee, Loon and Waterville don't have similar events.

Check with the resort you just bought your season pass from if they have a similar event.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT