ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Rep Jim Jordan (OH) denies he turned a blind eye to sex abuse while at OSU.

We don't often agree (never before this, probably). But the "cover up" narrative" here is awfully similar to what happened at PSU, and most people on this board agree, myself included, that that narrative spiraled out of hand due to Jealousy/envy/hatred/politics of Joe Pa & C/S/S, & not Jerry himself.

And here we have the many of the same people who have posted and tweeted for 7 or 8 years about fairness & due process who are more than happy to do the same to some other guy from some rival school.

And the allegations don't really make that much sense, as @RussianEagle points out. These are college wrestlers. They are not 85 pound female gymnasts or 12 year old boys.

The "rumored" advice that Jordan gave, "that he'd kill him if he did that to me" is maybe #Fakenews, but probably close to what a lot of very strong straight guys would do if groped, repeatedly.

Extremely fishy story & hypocritical for at least some people here to be hyping it.
Somebody didn't read the Clemente report:

Tell you what. I don't wanna hear anything about Sandusky from the Michigan State or Ohio State folks. My guess is that list will expand in the not too distant future.
One significant difference which should be drawn between the Sandusky debacle and those at tOSU and MSU is that none of Sandusky's crimes were committed in the normal course of his PSU employment while a majority of those at the other two schools apparently were committed in the course of the perpetrators' normal duties there.

“Many people are saying that Jackass Jim Jordan is a sexual predator and assisted in the assaults at OSU; right-hand-man, so to speak. SAD!”

Just following suit from the top. It sure is easy to make unfound accusations and have idiots believe them. Works beautifully for some.

You don't know how much I would love to have it confirmed that Jordan is a butt boy.

I do think that Jordan is getting railroaded here. Young men who play sports joking about getting molested or raped during their physicals is extremely common.

These are COLLEGE WRESTLERS we are talking about. If any of them had even an inkling that were being molested during a physical examination, they would have whooped that doctor’s ass.

When you consider that (a) victims of these “sex scandals” are currently being paid millions by the schools and (b) Jim Jordan is a controversial political figure, I think there are many factors present for a hit job.

You appear to be an expert on this subject. Please cite some examples of young male athletes "joking"
about being molested or raped during their physicals. It should be easy since it is "extremely common".

Well, did you? Your posts don't show it. If you had read & understood the Clemente report you wouldn't be bashing this wrestling coach turned politician.
You mean the coach who is alleged to have KNOWN FOR A FACT that the doc was abusing his wrestlers, and said "he better not try it with me?"

If the allegations are true, this is not a case of refusing to believe this pillar of the community was an abuser. This is believing it and DOING NOTHING EXCEPT EXPRESS CONCERN FOR YOURSELF.

You mean the coach who is alleged to have KNOWN FOR A FACT that the doc was abusing his wrestlers, and said "he better not try it with me?"

If the allegations are true, this is not a case of refusing to believe this pillar of the community was an abuser. This is believing it and DOING NOTHING EXCEPT EXPRESS CONCERN FOR YOURSELF.

Alleged, if, allegations. These are the 3 most important words in your post.

But what you put in caps shows your true colors, and that you seem to have little respect for due process unless it's painted blue & white.

Penn Staters should probably consider and understand “allegations” better than anyone. But clearly, we have gone from innocent till proven guilty to guilty till proven innocent.

Alleged, if, allegations. These are the 3 most important words in your post.

But what you put in caps shows your true colors, and that you seem to have little respect for due process unless it's painted blue & white.
Dead wrong. I have watched Jordan falsely accuse people of felony crimes on national TV, without evidence. You said nothing. He will get his due process. JJ did NOT say "alleged." I did. You only insist on it now because he is your boy.

He will get more due process than he has given. Meanwhile these guys calling him a liar are people he has had a long relationship with, who stayed in touch with him for years after they left school.

He chose them as friends, not me. He is free to explain all he wants. Wonder why he's turning it over to a spokesman?

Penn Staters should probably consider and understand “allegations” better than anyone. But clearly, we have gone from innocent till proven guilty to guilty till proven innocent.
Nobody is taking away his liberty. He needs to speak. He needs to face the questions. If he does not do that he needs to STFU about how unfair it all is. Tough titty. He knewwhat national politics was when signed up for it

Can we please keep politics out of it? The takeaway here is Ohio State's culture of covering up 1,000-plus acts of child sexual abuse to protect the Buckeyes' brand.

I think politics is a reason so many are jumping to conclusions early, but that happens on both sides. I think Al Franken was railroaded too.

Some people simply cannot help themselves with the politics. They want Jordan period. Why? Because he's of a different party. Same thing for Al Franken. I see it all the time on FB with supporters of Penn State. 2 seconds away from defending Joe and the program, they're at each other's throats spewing hatred all due to politics.

This isn't about politics. Those wanting ill will on a person due to politics is troubling to say the least. That's why our courts are so messed up. It's supposed to be about justice, not winning. Why don't people put justice first in this case. Better yet, let's see if any source is believable. Lest I remind people posting from the media, no matter the media. Show me where they cared about justice and the truth regarding Penn State? That said, I agree with Bob. Time to burn down OSU! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Reactions: Ski and PSUPride1
We don't often agree (never before this, probably). But the "cover up" narrative" here is awfully similar to what happened at PSU, and most people on this board agree, myself included, that that narrative spiraled out of hand due to Jealousy/envy/hatred/politics of Joe Pa & C/S/S, & not Jerry himself.

And here we have the many of the same people who have posted and tweeted for 7 or 8 years about fairness & due process who are more than happy to do the same to some other guy from some rival school.

And the allegations don't really make that much sense, as @RussianEagle points out. These are college wrestlers. They are not 85 pound female gymnasts or 12 year old boys.

The "rumored" advice that Jordan gave, "that he'd kill him if he did that to me" is maybe #Fakenews, but probably close to what a lot of very strong straight guys would do if groped, repeatedly.

Extremely fishy story & hypocritical for at least some people here to be hyping it.

I hate this take and it is often repeated. Noone realy wants OSU burned down nor a lynch mob to dig up Woody and kill him again. The posts are satirical, or at a minimum, 'well, how do you like it'. PSU was wronged by the lynch mob... while we all repeated ad nauseum that there were no facts and no evidence and who Jerry was though to be and... we shouted down. We (i.e. Clemente) tried to tell the world these guys are wolves in sheep's clothing... You really think we aren't going to say "i told you so"? You really think people aren't going to sarcastically call for OSU (or especailly MSU given Simon) to get the same treatment they gave us?

At least 2 of the 3 main accusers have very checkered backgrounds. See https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...dan-e2-80-99s-possible-speaker-bid/ar-AAzxNJ6

One accuser (Dunyasha Yetts) spent 18 months for bilking investors out of $2,000,000. The other easily questionable accuser, Mike DiSabato, has a very litigious history with no success that I can see. https://www.thelantern.com/2009/11/fighting-for-then-losing-to-ohio-state/ Among the many unsubstantiated and losing claims he made was that he was owed $480,000 on the basis of an oral contract. (An absolutely ridiculous claim to me) Also, while he was working for one company, Team Beans, from all appearances he did conflicting work for another company, Silver Knight. In the course of that dispute, he refused to turn over his home office records to attempt to resolve the factual question.

One former wrestler, George Pardos, entirely supports Jordan and states that he thinks that the accusers are trying to cash in on the $500,000,000 Michigan State settlement. Pardos stated: "For Jimmy to know that this was going on and not do anything about it, it wouldn't happen. It's completely out of character," Pardos, a Marine Corps veteran, told The Hill in a phone interview."

At least one wrestler has publicly stated he directly told Jordan at the time that he had been touched inappropriately.

You're not saying he didn't understand that at the time; your statements that

"If any of them had even an inkling that were being molested during a physical examination, they would have whooped that doctor’s ass.

When you consider that (a) victims of these “sex scandals” are currently being paid millions by the schools and (b) Jim Jordan is a controversial political figure, I think there are many factors present for a hit job."

indicate you're saying that the athletes who said they spoke to Jordan at the time are liars.

Frankly, you have no evidence of either the victims' or Jordan's veracity either way.
When assessing cover up type claims it's important to look at the credibility of the people making that claim. If none of the wrestlers made a formal complaint of abuse to the school or law enforcement then what is JJ supposed to do with locker room talk/gossip? Have we learned nothing from the JS scandal??

In this case the two named people who are saying JJ knew have a sketchy past: criminal convictions, axes to grind, etc. if you spend 5 minutes researching them.

If JJ was covering up his abuse why was DiSabato singing JJ's praises a year ago?

Hall of fame sportswriter and wrestling announcer Jason Bryant:

This story about JJ covering up has shades of the allegations against JoePa where none of them made a contemporaneous formal report to the school or law enforcement then decades later they come out of the woodwork claiming "he knew and did nothing!"

The claims against the doc seem to have merit but the ones pointing fingers at JJ don't seem credible IMO. OSU may very have covered up for the doc but that doesn't mean JJ was a part of it.

Reactions: YeOldeCup
At least 2 of the 3 main accusers have very checkered backgrounds. See https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...dan-e2-80-99s-possible-speaker-bid/ar-AAzxNJ6

One accuser (Dunyasha Yetts) spent 18 months for bilking investors out of $2,000,000. The other easily questionable accuser, Mike DiSabato, has a very litigious history with no success that I can see. https://www.thelantern.com/2009/11/fighting-for-then-losing-to-ohio-state/ Among the many unsubstantiated and losing claims he made was that he was owed $480,000 on the basis of an oral contract. (An absolutely ridiculous claim to me) Also, while he was working for one company, Team Beans, from all appearances he did conflicting work for another company, Silver Knight. In the course of that dispute, he refused to turn over his home office records to attempt to resolve the factual question.

One former wrestler, George Pardos, entirely supports Jordan and states that he thinks that the accusers are trying to cash in on the $500,000,000 Michigan State settlement. Pardos stated: "For Jimmy to know that this was going on and not do anything about it, it wouldn't happen. It's completely out of character," Pardos, a Marine Corps veteran, told The Hill in a phone interview."
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are jumping on the cover up narrative because the victims you so disrespect are saying it happened, he knew about it, and now he is lying.
Did you blindly believe the victims from the 70s and 80's who came out of the woodwork claiming they told JoePa about abuse? It's imperative to look at the credibility of the people making these claims against JJ (and the believability of their claims) just as it was for those making claims against JoePa.

DiSabato has about as much credibility as crazy Bernie the JoePa hater.

I hate this take and it is often repeated. Noone realy wants OSU burned down nor a lynch mob to dig up Woody and kill him again. The posts are satirical, or at a minimum, 'well, how do you like it'. PSU was wronged by the lynch mob... while we all repeated ad nauseum that there were no facts and no evidence and who Jerry was though to be and... we shouted down. We (i.e. Clemente) tried to tell the world these guys are wolves in sheep's clothing... You really think we aren't going to say "i told you so"? You really think people aren't going to sarcastically call for OSU (or especailly MSU given Simon) to get the same treatment they gave us?

Especially when athletic supporters for all these schools reacted with glee when the shit (wrongfully) came down on Joe, the football program, Graham, Tim, Gary, and the university as a whole. They were thrilled to see Penn State burned at the stake and refused to see that it was misdirection that continues to put children in Pennsylvania in danger.

F*ck them all.

Did you blindly believe the victims from the 70s and 80's who came out of the woodwork claiming they told JoePa about abuse? It's imperative to look at the credibility of the people making these claims against JJ (and the believability of their claims) just as it was for those making claims against JoePa.

DiSabato has about as much credibility as crazy Bernie the JoePa hater.
Except Di Sabato's direct relationship of years with Jordan, you mean. If Di Sabato's is such a liar, why has he been in such close contact with Jordan over the years? Stand up and explain, JJ. What about the other wrestler?

Except Di Sabato's direct relationship of years with Jordan, you mean. If Di Sabato's is such a liar, why has he been in such close contact with Jordan over the years? Stand up and explain, JJ. What about the other wrestler?
How do you define close contact? As far as JJ knew DiSabato was a wrestler he used to coach who seemed supportive of him (as recently as a yr ago) so he was probably friendly towards him but I doubt they were bff’s as you’re trying to make it seem.

The better question is if DiSabato thought JJ knew for sure and turned a blind eye to his alleged abuse why would he want anything to do with supporting JJ? See the tweet of his I linked in previous post.

Re: the other accuser see @dailybuck77’s post.

The claims against the doc seem to have merit bc they span multiple sports etc. but the claims of JJ turning a blind eye are paper thin when you factor in the credibility of his accusers and their lack of any formal contemporaneous complaint with the school or LE of which the coaches could act on as opposed to locker room gossip/rumors.

If you dont see the similarities between what the media is trying to do with JJ and what they did with JoePa then I don’t know what to tell you.

How do you define close contact? As far as JJ knew DiSabato was a wrestler he used to coach who seemed supportive of him (as recently as a yr ago) so he was probably friendly towards him but I doubt they were bff’s as you’re trying to make it seem.

The better question is if DiSabato thought JJ knew for sure and turned a blind eye to his alleged abuse why would he want anything to do with supporting JJ? See the tweet of his I linked in previous post.

Re: the other accuser see @dailybuck77’s post.

The claims against the doc seem to have merit bc they span multiple sports etc. but the claims of JJ turning a blind eye are paper thin when you factor in the credibility of his accusers and their lack of any formal contemporaneous complaint with the school or LE of which the coaches could act on as opposed to locker room gossip/rumors.

If you dont see the similarities between what the media is trying to do with JJ and what they did with JoePa then I don’t know what to tell you.
Joe'$ nonexistent relationship with McCue not the same as this loons actual relationship with JJ. If you dont get that I dont know what to tell YOU.

When assessing cover up type claims it's important to look at the credibility of the people making that claim. If none of the wrestlers made a formal complaint of abuse to the school or law enforcement then what is JJ supposed to do with locker room talk/gossip? Have we learned nothing from the JS scandal??

In this case the two named people who are saying JJ knew have a sketchy past: criminal convictions, axes to grind, etc. if you spend 5 minutes researching them.

If JJ was covering up his abuse why was DiSabato singing JJ's praises a year ago?

Hall of fame sportswriter and wrestling announcer Jason Bryant:

This story about JJ covering up has shades of the allegations against JoePa where none of them made a contemporaneous formal report to the school or law enforcement then decades later they come out of the woodwork claiming "he knew and did nothing!"

The claims against the doc seem to have merit but the ones pointing fingers at JJ don't seem credible IMO. OSU may very have covered up for the doc but that doesn't mean JJ was a part of it.
That's simple: DiSabato has similar political leanings as Jordan. That, however, has nothing to do with the emotions and psychology of reporting sex abuse.

Joe'$ nonexistent relationship with McCue not the same as this loons actual relationship with JJ. If you dont get that I dont know what to tell YOU.
Correct but they are similar in that they both have ZERO credibility in general.

Just bc JJ actually knew this guy doesn’t mean his claim that JJ turned a blind eye 20 yrs ago holds any water. The guy is an outcast in the wrestling community for a reason.

This guy is like OSU’s version of McQueary. Claims to have told a coach about abuse ten plus yrs in the past but never made a contemporaneous formal written report to the school/LE and therefore has no way of verifying what he allegedly reported to the coach. Media gets story and the rush to judgement ensues.

The fact remains that the two named accusers against JJ have sketchy (at best) pasts so their accusations should be viewed with that in mind. The other accuser is unnamed so we all know there’s no way to verify their claim.

How do you explain him being so supportive of JJ if his claim of JJ turning a blind eye to his abuse is to be believed?

That's simple: DiSabato has similar political leanings as Jordan. That, however, has nothing to do with the emotions and psychology of reporting sex abuse.
So you think he was supportive of someone he claims turned a blind eye to his abuse simply bc they have the same political leanings? That’s laughable!

What about Jason Bryant’s take on DiSabato? He’s pretty plugged into the wrestling community.

Not a Jordan fan at all, but DiSabato is insane and dying to tear down Ohio State after a variety of his attempted, shady business ventures with the school have gone belly up. This gambit might be his last chance.

Disabato had 5 brothers who wrestled at OSU. Haven't heard from them. If they don't support his story, his credibility is substantially undermined. Also, came across this:

" What kind of person makes false rape accusations?" ....

"When one looks at a series of fabricated sexual assaults, on the other hand, patterns immediately begin to emerge. The most striking of these is that, almost invariably, adult false accusers who persist in pursuing charges have a previous history of bizarre fabrications or criminal fraud. Indeed, they’re often criminals whose family and friends are also criminals; broken people trapped in chaotic lives.... while false accusers often have similar histories, they have various motives.These can be divided into roughly four categories: personal gain,
mental illness, revenge, and the need for an alibi.
Accusers motivated by personal gain are generally the same people who slip on the courthouse steps and sue the city." https://qz.com/980766/the-t...

" What kind of person makes false rape accusations?" ....

"When one looks at a series of fabricated sexual assaults, on the other hand, patterns immediately begin to emerge. The most striking of these is that, almost invariably, adult false accusers who persist in pursuing charges have a previous history of bizarre fabrications or criminal fraud. Indeed, they’re often criminals whose family and friends are also criminals; broken people trapped in chaotic lives.... while false accusers often have similar histories, they have various motives.These can be divided into roughly four categories: personal gain,
mental illness, revenge, and the need for an alibi.
Accusers motivated by personal gain are generally the same people who slip on the courthouse steps and sue the city." https://qz.com/980766/the-t...
At PSU, every allegation was assumed to be true regardless of how ridiculous some of the claims were.

Meanwhile at OSU, they're false allegations made by people who are either insane or looking for a payday.

Is that an accurate summary??

Meanwhile at OSU, they're false allegations made by people who are either insane or looking for a payday.

No, they are allegations made by 2 people with very checkered backgrounds with respect to OSU. Haven't followed PSU matter closely but if most of the accusers had the profiles of DiSabato and Yetts, I would be very skeptical.

Reactions: osu68
At PSU, every allegation was assumed to be true regardless of how ridiculous some of the claims were.

Yeah, Dailybuck777 and other OSU supporters and many in the media are now cautioning about the credibility and $$ motivations of accusers... where was any of this concern when it came to Penn State with many of the claims from people with questionable motives and credibility?? Guess that was 'victim shaming' and denial by Joebots and the rest of the PSU 'cult' supporters...

No, they are allegations made by 2 people with very checkered backgrounds with respect to OSU. Haven't followed PSU matter closely but if most of the accusers had the profiles of DiSabato and Yetts, I would be very skeptical.

Many have profiles and that are equal and probably worse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT