ADVERTISEMENT

OT: National Parks trip help

El-Jefe

Jul 27, 2012
I'm planning to travel out west. Solo trip, 7-10 days (not including the flights). Aug/Sept, maybe early/mid Oct. Looking for thoughts -- but only on the travel itself, not the virus. (I've been tracking the virus in multiple states for a few weeks, and used it to narrow my selection.)

Plan is to do some light hiking -- no rock or mountain climbing, no off-trail, no camping. I'm not looking to become bear snacks or be too tired to drive. Some culture OK if open -- could be serious (museums) or sheer stupidity (Roadside America).

Deliberately avoiding major cities for this trip.

Option #1 -- Southern Oregon:
- Fly into Medford. Visit Crater Lake, Redwoods (CA), and partway up the Oregon coast.
- Considering adding Lassen Volcano, but it's pretty far out of the way. Worth it?
- How far to go up the coast?
- Anything can't-miss?

Option #2 -- NW Montana:
- Fly into Missoula or Kalispell. Visit Glacier, Kalispell, Whitefish, Missoula.
- Note, Glacier is accessible only from the west -- area tribes will not allow the eastern gates to open this year. Also, Waterton Lakes is a no-go since Canuckistan has banned US tourists.
- Worth adding Butte, Helena, or Great Falls?
- Worth adding a loop into Idaho and Washington? Say, Kalispell to Coeur d'Alene, Spokane, Lewiston, Missoula.
- Anything can't-miss?

Option #3 -- Yellowstone:
- Fly into Bozeman, Jackson, or Cody. Visit Jackson, Tetons, Yellowstone.
- Is SE Idaho (Pocatello, Craters of the Moon) worth a detour?
- Should I add Billings, Butte, or Helena?
- Anything can't miss?

Option #4 -- Glacier and Yellowstone:
- Combine #2 and #3 above. Fly into Missoula or Bozeman.
- This would be a lot of driving, so I'd have to limit to the 3 main parks + Kalispell/Whitefish, Missoula, and Bozeman -- and maybe not all of that. No side trips, and not much in between.
- Is this too aggressive?

Any thoughts?

I'm planning to travel out west. Solo trip, 7-10 days (not including the flights). Aug/Sept, maybe early/mid Oct. Looking for thoughts -- but only on the travel itself, not the virus. (I've been tracking the virus in multiple states for a few weeks, and used it to narrow my selection.)

Plan is to do some light hiking -- no rock or mountain climbing, no off-trail, no camping. I'm not looking to become bear snacks or be too tired to drive. Some culture OK if open -- could be serious (museums) or sheer stupidity (Roadside America).

- Fly into Medford. Visit Crater Lake, Redwoods (CA), and partway up the Oregon coast.
- Considering adding Lassen Volcano, but it's pretty far out of the way. Worth it?
- Anything can't-miss?

Option #2 -- NW Montana:
- Fly into Missoula or Kalispell. Visit Glacier, Kalispell, Whitefish, Missoula.
- Note, Glacier is accessible only from the west -- area tribes will not allow the eastern gates to open this year. Also, Waterton Lakes is a no-go since Canuckistan has banned US tourists.
- Worth adding a loop into Idaho and Washington? Say, Kalispell to Coeur d'Alene, Spokane, Lewiston, Missoula.
- Anything can't-miss?

- Anything can't miss?

- This would be a lot of driving, so I'd have to limit to the 3 main parks + Kalispell/Whitefish, Missoula, and Bozeman -- and maybe not all of that. No side trips, and not much in between.

Any thoughts?

I will give you the full rundown tomorrow morning when I can dedicate some time to this. I've been everywhere that you highlighted and will throw in more.

Some of us live out this way, just to be on the rivers & in the mountains every weekend. :cool:

Weather / trip timing will dictate a lot of your choices & whatever outdoor interests you hold.

One big piece of advice - you’re rolling the dice on weather after October 15. Could be 60s & sun, or could be snow & in the 20s.

Have an email / text / PM to chat offline?

Several PSU friends visit each year & we always get them on hikes, on trout & a few great river floats.

You guys would be surprised at the PSU grads who have relocated out here over the years.
The West is the Best.

Last edited:
I’d normally say Glacier at all costs, but those restrictions leave it somewhat lacking. Missoula is a very cool town though. My sister was in Rocky Mountain NP earlier this summer, and the usual throngs were dramatically missing even there. The locals are saying it’s the best wilderness you may ever see in your lifetime with so few humans around.

I don’t think you can go wrong, enjoy!

First of all as Digger has warned you, October gets riskier and riskier the further you go in and the further you go up in the northwest mountains. However, if you don’t get early snow, early October is awesome because of the off-peak tourist season and you'll get fall colors in the Rockies.

Option #1 Southern Oregon:

Crater Lake is a gem. You’ll still probably be safe there in October but there is some risk with early snow. There is also a dead end road that accesses Pinnacles Overlook near Crater Lake which is a pretty cool Badlands looking rock formation.

If you keep to the mountains and go to Lassen, there are a helluva lot of options in Northern Cali. You have the Lava Beds National Monument where you can explore lava tubes. Glass Mountain is close by which is a very large obsidian lava flow (bring leather gloves if you want to amble about the obsidian lava flow). The Modoc Indians traded obsidian arrowheads and other tools up and down the west coast from this area. McArthur Burney State Park has one of the nicest waterfalls in California. Shasta Caverns is also pretty cool. It’s no Carlsbad Caverns but it has all the features of a classic cave and you get a boat ride across Shasta Lake. Inside Lassen itself, Bumpass Hell is the absolute must see. Yes, “Bumpass”, the last name of an unfortunate soul who fell through the crust above a boiling water pool and burned off his leg. Bumpass Hell is a fairly short hike off the main road and I would describe it as a mini-Yellowstone with a boiling lake, mudpots and sulphur works.

Option 1A: Coast and Valley:

The lowlands are the other option here. You could do the Northern California and Oregon coast with Crater Lake. The Oregon Coast is absolutely magnificent! US 199 will take you to the Redwoods, Ewocs and Bigfoot on the northern California Coast. And then travel up the Oregon coast on US 101. Dungeness crab, clam chowder, fresh fish - yummm!. Sites to check out on the coast include Humbug Mountain, Oregon Sand Dunes, several scenic lighthouses (Cape Mears, Yaquina Head, Haceta Head), Tillamook Cheese factory (all the cheddar you can eat), Astoria, etc.

Inland, the Spruce Goose and other aircraft are parked at a museum in Evergreen. One of the premier state parks on the Left Coast is Silver Springs outside of Salem, Oregon. Ten waterfalls packed within a circular 7 mile hike (you can see 7 of them in half that distance). If you want to go further north, the Columbia River valley awaits you with even more epic waterfalls such as Multnomah Falls. Along the way, there’s a remake of Stonehenge and a cool fish hatchery with several different species. Mt. Saint Helens is also within striking distance north of Portland. During normal times, Portland is a great place to visit. <political content edited out>

For your question, “how far to go up the coast”, I would just say keep your options open. There are several routes back inland that you can take depending on how much time you have left.

Option #2 -- NW Montana:

Glacier National Park is one of my absolute favorites. It’s really not as high elevation as you would guess (the mountains are in the 8,000s but since its so far north, the tree line is a lot lower). Geography Nerd Fact: Triple Divide Peak marks the confluence of the Arctic, Pacific and Atlantic drainage basins. The trail to Hidden Lake out of the visitor center on Going to the Sun Road is a must do short hike. The road itself is an engineering marvel. St. Mary Lake is spectacular and has some cool waterfalls that are hikable. I have an interesting border crossing story to the northeast of Glacier that I won’t take the time to share here. (I’ve never seen so many people search one car – yes, mine).

Don't expect Great Falls in Great Falls. Missoula, Helena and Kalispell are cool little towns. If you can get into Canuckistan, Waterton is worth it. The Sawtooths in Idaho are beautiful. Hell’s Canyon can also be an option on this route.

In my opinion, if you can get here off-season, it’s the best National Park in the 48. It has a little bit of everything. All the geothermal features, Yellowstone Falls, hoards of wildlife (not including German tourists). It’s a huge area with plenty of hiking opportunities. During high season, it’s a madhouse similar to Yosemite Valley. The Grand Tetons need to be included with a Yellowstone visit. I do think that Craters of the Moon (its aptly named) is worth an excursion. Multiple black sand cinder cones and old lava flows. Idaho Falls is misnamed. Twin Falls has a spectacular waterfall called “Shoshone Falls” but it can be pretty dry in the fall.

Yes, do it if you can with weather permitting. Two premier parks (add the Grand Tetons if you can) on one trip. It’s not too aggressive for a 7-10 day trip if snow isn’t a factor.

I’m sure I missed some stuff. Digger and my other fellow Left Coasters can fill in the gaps.

You can cover a lot of miles in 7 to 10 days driving. I've done a few solo road trips west and can attest to that. These types of trips are great. I'd recommend checking out https://scenicbyways.info/ to help plan your routes as the best part of those trips are the drives. You can use Google maps to estimate driving times between destinations.

I'd recommend combining NW MT, N ID and NW WY into one big loop with some back and forth thrown in so you hit as much as possible. Definitely drive Hwy 212 (Beartooth from NE Yellowstone) if it's open. Butte and Helena were uninspiring and forgettable when I was there (I was looking for more scenery and not city though). The northern 2/3 of ID is absolutely amazing (from Sawtooth Mtns, Stanley, Salmon all the way up north). McCall, ID was very pretty and a possible retirement destination. S ID is ok, not as pretty as the north IMO. Hwy 2 from Kalispell (just west of Glacier) to Libby to Bonner's Ferry was great. I would stop and visit/stay in those types of towns vs the cities. This should still give you a couple days to hike Yellowstone and Tetons, with the rest scenic driving.

Weather in Montana is the biggest factor. In my experiance, anything after the third week of Sept. is a crapshoot. The good thing, is after the end of Sept., the room rates drop around the parks. Just make sure you cover all the bases for clothing. No joke, pack an ice scraper.
Custer Battlefield and the Yellowtail Dam, east of Billings are worth seeing. I've been to Helena, but only for fishing. The drive fro m Livingston to Gardiner, the northern gate, through Paradise Valley is spectacular.

It's not on your list, but Mt Rainier two hours from Seattle is a fantastic visit. I climbed it in mid September a long time ago. Incredible views. That is the best month weather-wise in the NW imo.

All the sites and states you mentioned are fabulous. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Have fly rod. Will travel.

(OK, fly rod, singular, is a bit of a stretch ...)
Late Sept., brings a lot of big fish out of Lake Hebegan into the Madison. Really good streamer fishing for big fish.

You have some great choices. If weather becomes an issue (October) let me recommend Coloardo/Utah. The front Range has Rocky Mountain NP. Its a 4 hr drive to the Western Slope and Colorado National Monument. From There your 20 miles away from Utah and the Gateway to Utah's Mighty Five. Arch's and Zion are two of my favorites and October is a perfect time to go.

Reactions: El-Jefe
I love this thread. I've been to 30 countries (would be in #31 right now if not for the dang rona!) and 35 states, but never to this part of the world. It's very high on my bucket list, and I appreciate reading y'all's travel takes.

One of the things I've always loved about Jefe is that he's as good a student as he is a teacher. Should be fun to read him learning from you all then posting his own experiences.

Travel is one of the best things for humans to do on this planet.

I love this thread. I've been to 30 countries (would be in #31 right now if not for the dang rona!) and 35 states, but never to this part of the world. It's very high on my bucket list, and I appreciate reading y'all's travel takes.

One of the things I've always loved about Jefe is that he's as good a student as he is a teacher. Should be fun to read him learning from you all then posting his own experiences.

Was out this way twice. Definitely want to to go back. Now is the perfect time. The crowds are down, probably no football so nothing to miss. He doesn't call himself El-Jefe for nothing.

Reactions: jtothemfp
It's not on your list, but Mt Rainier two hours from Seattle is a fantastic visit. I climbed it in mid September a long time ago. Incredible views. That is the best month weather-wise in the NW imo.

All the sites and states you mentioned are fabulous. You really can't go wrong with any of them.

Summiting Rainier, which I did in my early 30s, was one of the most grueling adventures I've ever experienced. Elevation wasn't an issue for me, living in the Rockies. It was just plain tough. We did the Disappointment Cleaver route, guided. Spectacular views at the top, and plenty of excitement (like seeing the climber immediately in front of me disappear into a crevasse; so that's why we're roped together). So glad I did it, but was never tempted to do it again!

I did Rainier as part of the Denali Prep in 2004.I went with International Mountain Guides. It was certainly challenging but paled in comparison to Denali. I did go back in 2006 and did the Liberty Ridge summit, it was very technical. Probably the toughest route on Rainier. Rainier is awesome, Im hoping to stay in climbing shape long enough to take by boy to the summit. He's still got a few years until Mom will let him go.

- Anything can't-miss?

Option #2 -- NW Montana:
- Anything can't-miss?

- Anything can't miss?

Any thoughts?

Option #4 if you have ten days. #3 if seven days. Read up on things and make your own decisions on sites/sights. Go as late as you can to avoid crowds. Before November, weather concerns are overrated. A little snow will be gone quick enough, and bugling bull elk will make up for it.
Couple stray items... Beartooth Highway (if open), Cody BB Museum, binocs/spotting scope, bear spray, skip Big Sky (totally Californicated), Museum of the Rockies in Boz Angeles, drive across Turner’s ranch SW of town (mini YNP), go to a small town rodeo, forget buying a cowboy hat, break in your new hiking boots,
Livingston Saturday Night, large filet at Land of Magic Supper Club in Logan. Last wild card... keep an eye on wildfire situation, didn’t come here for a week of breathing smoke and invisible scenic vistas.
Have a blast.
Dan
Bozeman, Montana

Last edited:
Look forward to hearing about your trip Jefe.

I’ll just add that my 3-4 days in Redwoods NP was life changing. It’s a beautiful place.

Again, dont roll the dice on going too late. We had a wacky late October that screwed up some fall flyfishing plans last year:

Bozeman, MT
Oct 23: Hi 38 / Lo 29
Oct 25: Hi 69 / Lo 31
Oct 29: Hi 13 / Lo -3
Oct 31: Hi 38 / Lo 15

My #1 is Yosemite. Did a 10 day Olympic/Mt. Rainier/Mt. St Helens/Crater Lake swing pre-kids. Lots of driving. Was worth every mile. The evidence of the eruption from 1980 in the meadows as you approach Mt. St. Helens is really stunning. Mt. Rainier is incredible. Crater Lake in and of itself is as unique as it gets. Take a boat ride and get dropped off at Wizard Island. Not really about anything other than the lake itself.

Yellowstone is cool, but overrated for my tastes. I’d sooner spend a day in the Tetons.

Cant go wrong Colorado and west. If you can delay into later October, an AZ swing from Grand Canyon down to Saguaro NP is in play. The Sonoran Desert is my favorite place in the US of A.

Again, dont roll the dice on going too late. We had a wacky late October that screwed up some fall flyfishing plans last year:

Bozeman, MT

Diggerpup, those were the four days I was predicting Cael would release the schedule this year.

Minus three ouch!

Lots of good comments here, @El-Jefe ; you really can't go too wrong on any of these options. Just a few notes
  • Bozeman and Missoula are IMO the most interesting Montana cities (keep in mind the whole state has just over 1 Million people, so cities is a relative term) Bozeman is a college/western/scenic town with a neat little museum thrown in. https://museumoftherockies.org/
  • Butte, Helena, and Great Falls are nothing special relatively
  • Yellowstone and Teton are extra special
  • Olympic National Park in northwestern Washington state is outstanding (maybe a separate trip from the ones you described -- it could be combined with a trip to Vancouver Island, BC just a ferry ride across the strait)
  • The whole Oregon coast is worth seeing; not familiar with the Southern part, but the northern part is fantastic with Cannon Beach being my personal favorite spot
Enjoy and let us know how things go.

I hear Seattle and Portland are a riot these days :rolleyes:, but you are wise to travel elsewhere.

I completely agree. What country did you miss out on this year?

Reactions: jtothemfp
What a great Board filled with people willing to take the time to help out one of their fellow posters. So nice! I just came back from a family trip to the southern Oregon coast, Crater Lake, the Redwoods, and a ride on the Skunk Train out of Willitt, CA. Crater Lake was phenomenal and the crowds were quite light, which was awesome. At Crater Lake we hiked Garfield Peak, Watchman Overlook, and my wife hiked Mt. Scott. I really enjoyed Garfield Peak, although my conditioning was challenged for sure. Like the story of the Three Little Pigs, I huffed and I puffed, but I eventually made it! Very enjoyable. The only two traumatic issues were I dropped my sweat-drenched, off-white, pristine Penn State Wrestling BB cap into the powdery soil, creating a muddy mess, and my old wrestling days' surgically repaired knee started going out on me. I presume a small piece of scar tissue or bit of bone moved into a position my knee couldn't handle. It took some time, but the knee freed back up and I was able to finish the hike. Hiking is by far the best way to experience Crater Lake.

I absolutely loved going through the Redwoods. We pulled off the road and hiked several spots. I was amazed at the quantity and enormity of the trees on the hikes. It was so much more impressive than just driving through. As far as the Oregon coast is concerned, I am partial to the stretch from the California border up through the National Dunes in Florence. I grew up in North Bend/Coos Bay, so I am most familiar with the South Coast. In particular, the beaches in Gold Beach, Port Orford and Bandon are phenomenal, with many large and intricate rock formations right on the sand. I particularly love Bandon (I was born there). While there, Face Rock Creamery (the old Bandon Cheese Factory) is a spot you don't want to miss. You can sample various cheeses, try some cheese curds and try a scoop (or more!) of their great, and very reasonably priced, ice cream.

No matter where you choose to go, El-Jefe, I know you will have a wonderful time. If the crowds at Crater Lake are any indication, this is a unique time in history to hit some of these locations without being overwhelmed with crowds. Enjoy!

Summiting Rainier, which I did in my early 30s, was one of the most grueling adventures I've ever experienced. Elevation wasn't an issue for me, living in the Rockies. It was just plain tough. We did the Disappointment Cleaver route, guided. Spectacular views at the top, and plenty of excitement (like seeing the climber immediately in front of me disappear into a crevasse; so that's why we're roped together). So glad I did it, but was never tempted to do it again!
My knees were never the same again. I was 26.

conway4.jpg

Reactions: Dogwelder
I’d normally say Glacier at all costs, but those restrictions leave it somewhat lacking. Missoula is a very cool town though. My sister was in Rocky Mountain NP earlier this summer, and the usual throngs were dramatically missing even there. The locals are saying it’s the best wilderness you may ever see in your lifetime with so few humans around.

I don’t think you can go wrong, enjoy!
I considered RMNP and am tracking the virus for most of the stretch from Colorado Springs to Laramie. (Yes, I built a spreadsheet.)

Would love to go someday -- but not until things settle down. Denver has its own Seattle/Portland problem -- including a freeway protest in suburban Aurora that blocked traffic and involved a shooting (a protester shot at a car, missed, and hit another protester).

That incident was not far from the road to Denver Airport. Which means I can't trust that Denver-area roads, including airport access, are safe for me to drive. That probably isn't fair of me, but too bad. A few years ago I very nearly hit someone wandering on a freeway -- it was a frightening experience, that repeating is not on my vacation to-do list.

Also, Denver/suburbs are not doing as well with the virus trends per capita as the locations I listed (and with much greater population).

Agreed. Went to Mt Rainier a few years ago with my father, right around Labor Day. Fantastic. We got a hotel across the street from the Mariners' stadium, also across the street from Pyramid Brewery (damn). Fairly easy walk to all of downtown. Then did Vancouver and Victoria.

Would love to repeat that trip, when my wife is willing to fly. Maybe add Olympia National Park, maybe even Mt St Helens.

Seattle also needs to calm down first. Well, at least by Seattle standards.

You have some great choices. If weather becomes an issue (October) let me recommend Coloardo/Utah. The front Range has Rocky Mountain NP. Its a 4 hr drive to the Western Slope and Colorado National Monument. From There your 20 miles away from Utah and the Gateway to Utah's Mighty Five. Arch's and Zion are two of my favorites and October is a perfect time to go.
Agreed on that. I hadn't considered western Colorado because I would combine it like you said with Utah, and when I started virus tracking, I was thinking of traveling while it was still too hot for Utah.

Loved Zion and Bryce Canyon. Didn't particularly love Grand Staircase-Escalante -- which was my own damn fault. I went to see a sight in the desert (which was a dud), and misread the map on the way out. Wound up driving forever on some crappy dirt road that made me long for PA potholes, until I ended up in Arizona, the whole time praying I had enough gas. And once I got cell phone coverage, had to call my B&B in Panguitch so I didn't get locked out for returning too late. But, hey -- I did get some great pics of cattle on the road.

List them.

Mine:
North America: USA, Canada.
Latin America: Mexico, Argentina, Brazil. (Peru doesn't count due to only connecting flights -- but free pisco sours at Lima Airport duty free shops!)
Europe: UK, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Czechia, Italy, Spain. (Add 2 more if Catalunya and the Basque Country split off.)
Africa: none yet.
Middle East: Qatar.
Asia: Hong Kong, Macau, Cambodia, Thailand.

I also had a list-expanding trip canceled by The Rona. Was going to spend the first week of May with my brother in Budapest. Arrive/1d in Zurich. Last 3d in Barcelona (have been there before) with my wife's aunt (70-yo Italian woman who DGAF about anything but eating and drinking) and her man. Oh well ...

Was out this way twice. Definitely want to to go back. Now is the perfect time. The crowds are down, probably no football so nothing to miss. He doesn't call himself El-Jefe for nothing.
Ha! That's what my college roommates called me, and for my name.

But, yeah, I'm a big fan of shoulder season travel where possible. More pleasant, less crowds, AND cheaper? Yes, yes, yes.

Bozeman, MT
Completely understood. My cutoff for the Northwest is 10/15, for exactly that reason -- and I reserve the right to move that cutoff up earlier when I look more closely at each location.

True story -- one year my brother and I got caught in a blizzard at Yosemite during Memorial Day weekend. He wanted to see Half Dome. The park rangers closed the gate to that road behind us. Couldn't see how to drive, but nowhere to stop. Had to stick my head out the window to tell him how close he was to driving off the cliff. That was fun.

Plus then we had to go out the gate by Fresno, and drive back to Silicon Valley. (I will also be happy to never see Merced again.)

My wife and I also got caught in a blizzard on I-17 in Flagstaff, driving from Page to Scottsdale. In April. It only snowed above 6000 ft. Flagstaff is at 7500 ft.

Reactions: diggerpup
My #1 is Yosemite. Did a 10 day Olympic/Mt. Rainier/Mt. St Helens/Crater Lake swing pre-kids. Lots of driving. Was worth every mile. The evidence of the eruption from 1980 in the meadows as you approach Mt. St. Helens is really stunning. Mt. Rainier is incredible. Crater Lake in and of itself is as unique as it gets. Take a boat ride and get dropped off at Wizard Island. Not really about anything other than the lake itself.

Yellowstone is cool, but overrated for my tastes. I’d sooner spend a day in the Tetons.

Cant go wrong Colorado and west. If you can delay into later October, an AZ swing from Grand Canyon down to Saguaro NP is in play. The Sonoran Desert is my favorite place in the US of A.
Appreciate the thought, but I haven't taken vacation in nearly 2 years, so my wife might not be able to wait that long for me to get away.

Plus I've been to Arizona 3x, seen most of the state from Tucson to Utah. I would like to return to Tucson (I hear it's much nicer than when I was there) -- but am hoping to combine it with a business trip once that's again allowable (my company has a site in Phoenix).

But for everyone else: do this. And extend it north to Page for Antelope Canyon and Lake Powell/Rainbow Bridge.

BTW, I was also considering Alaska.

However, the state has stringent entry requirements. I get why -- Alaska has some unique challenges with medicine. But that's too high of a bar for my travel.

I live in Co Springs. I’ve been to DIA three times since March to pick up my in-laws. No sweat. Take 470 to avoid going through town. Come on down here. Hit Pikes Peak, down to Sand Dunes NP, Royal Gorge, AFA, Manitou Incline (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manitou_Incline. If you ever see video clips of guys getting a workout out here going up steep outdoor steps, that’s the incline).

I had a Bryce/Zion trip planned or early May but ended up bagging it with the uncertainty. Hoping to get up to Black Hills when the kids have fall break.

List them.

Mine:
Latin America: Mexico, Argentina, Brazil. (Peru doesn't count due to only connecting flights -- but free pisco sours at Lima Airport duty free shops!)
Europe: UK, Ireland, France, Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Czechia, Italy, Spain. (Add 2 more if Catalunya and the Basque Country split off.)

I also had a list-expanding trip canceled by The Rona. Was going to spend the first week of May with my brother in Budapest. Arrive/1d in Zurich. Last 3d in Barcelona (have been there before) with my wife's aunt (70-yo Italian woman who DGAF about anything but eating and drinking) and her man. Oh well ...

Of all the Middle East countries, why Qatar?

List them.

Mine:

This will be a fun exercise.

NA: USA, Canada
LA: Mexico, Costa Rica, Brazil
Europe: England, France, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Italy, Greece, Czeck Republic, Poland, Switzerland (the furthest back our family has been traced), Denmark, Lichtenstein
Africa: South Africa
ME: Turkey
Asia: China, Malaysia, Singapore

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT